A serious request regarding anti-LGBT+ posts on this site.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
You're that Ronda mark I've encountered before.
I'm a fan of hers yes.

At least you’re honest, but you know virtually everywhere you’d get banned for making a joke that black people are insert animal here, right?
No that is not true. It was clearly satirical therefore would not be taken down by all forums.

Someone else mentioned masks.....like someone said that here.

It's just conflating certain points you made and compare it to what others said sometime ago who are not even around anymore..... and lol.
Yes, we are having a discussion about jokes and someone randomly accuses me of being a sandy hook denier with no evidence whatsoever. Surely that way mire damaging. I mean I don't give a fuck cuz I do not care and will never report anyone ever cuz I'm not a victim.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sure you have. If you’re on social media, they make no distinction for context when you break a rule.

I got restricted on Facebook for saying I’d stab Mikey Madison in a clearly sexually suggestive context.
Just talk about how members here had to click a terms of agreement in order to sign up in the first place.

Read the print people.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So you'd make holocaust jokes or slave jokes cos "it's a forum?"

I'd like to step in and say I've surely made Holocaust jokes on this forum in the past, but dark humor should be pretty upfront that it's entirely in jest and that it's being used to highlight an issue or made because joking about it is an easier defense mechanism to just fucking breaking down mentally.

Sometimes, Dark Humor is just a defense mechanism for some people, as Hawkeye from MASH used it all the time and he explained he did it to prevent screaming and losing his marbles over it.

I'm not defending people using it as a thinly veiled attempt to hurt other people, but when some people make Holocaust jokes or jokes about Slavery, it isn't making light of the subject matter as much as it is bringing up the absurdity and horror of those situations in a more approachable manner. I hope this at least makes sense. It did in my head I guess.

Reactions: Lethal

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’d say most forums would take down the oldest form of racism there is.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Does this site have a terms of agreement when signing up?

We used to have that when I was staff.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Well...

Things changed after I went to bed after a stressful night finding out my roommates have the Rona...

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Does this site have a terms of agreement when signing up?

We used to have that when I was staff.
That was a vBulletin thing I think.

But, I do believe the registration says you agree to the site’s rules.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
So you'd make holocaust jokes or slave jokes cos "it's a forum?"
Depends on the nature of the joke. My joke was at the expense of homophobic people. That's okay in my eyes.

Well this next joke - better be funny.
If offends you then it is funny.

Sure you have. If you’re on social media, they make no distinction for context when you break a rule.

I got restricted on Facebook for saying I’d stab Mikey Madison in a clearly sexually suggestive context.
But this isn't Facebook you are a real human being who can identify context.

The thing is man, that’s a dangerous slope. Someone can do something that’s breaking the rules, then when they get in trouble for it, they could be like “lol it’s a joke” you see how that can be a problem? Like if we just let something that’s against the rules slide because it’s a joke, we couldn’t ever enforce the rules.
I think we are smart enough to identify when that happens without suppressing the likes of me

No, I think it was a "joke" but it was clearly designed to antagonise people and as jeff said, was transparent as fuck
Tahts their fault for being upset over a harmless joke

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Juice said:
Well this next joke - better be funny.
If offends you then it is funny.

So - only if I find a joke you say offensive, would it be funny?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This dude still whining over one warning? You can't just take that shit bro? :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Why on Earth would you think you hit a nerve lmao? You know me well enough to know that basically nothing that gets said bothers me in the slightest. I wasn't whining at all, I was giving my opinion on a wider philosophy on moderation as I'd spent hours reading up 30ish pages in the staff chat where they had a wider discussion on how to moderate in future and it was said to make it public and to use this thread for it. I don't really know where you got the whining from. What was I whining about, exactly? I 100% agree with the ban that was handed out that was the initial subject of the thread. Im genuinely baffled about how you've come to that take.
Considering my take was "shit", you've somehow managed to get it completely wrong! I wasn't telling people to toughen up at all, I was saying people should take responsibility for creating their own safe spaces. It had nothing to do with toughening up, it was about taking proactive steps in order to shelter yourself from posts you find triggering or otherwise dont want to see, rather than waiting for somebody else to take care of it and perhaps getting worked up in the interim.

As for the rest, I don't have a problem with you at all, don't know why you'd think that as we are generally friends. I just have zero patience for somebody coming at me for no reason, getting on their high horse and telling me to shut up when they're being a massive hypocrite.
You went on a big rant why i had no business saying anything because I've flaned others . Not sure how else I'm suppose to interpret that as you clearly having an issue with me and what I said ir that that hit a nerve. You dont need to pretend it didn't, because the way you responded was crystal clear. The point is that you went on a long rant that very much came off telling ppl to toughen up while still saying Buffy did something wrong . No one is going around acting offended over nothing so none if that ever needed to be said at all , because it's not an issue. It's you that went on this hypothetical what if rant and acted like that was more important than dealing with real issues that actually happened. If you can't realize how that makes you sounds , I can't help you and I genuinely think it's quite weird to care more about what ifs than reality. On top of that it very much comes off as you dismissing people like sky and beavie because ur entire tone is it's it's forum and ppl can express themselves . No , they can't if it's offensive to people and you dont get to choose what people find offensive unless you are the one feeling attacked . No one us even saying if you offend someone u get an auto ban. So everything you said was nothing but screaming into the void at a situation thats never even happened to protect offenders that dont even exist. Why? How does that affect you? And how would it possibly stop ppl from wanting to come here putside tge types we just banned . Who fuckimg cares about people like that?

Tl Dr, yes yr being fucking weird sorry

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
This dude still whining over one warning? You can't just take that shit bro? :lol

Technically two because Poyser and I both sent in warnings. :kawhi

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I can. The context was please down make this comparison and then you did it, anyway. Satire or not. And semantics or not before you try that again.

You were only warned and had the post deleted.
Why do people overreact the most when punish is basically a slap on the wrist when the guy before you is sitting on a month’s ban. Be grateful no one is asking why you aren’t and take your warning.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
You went on a big rant why i had no business saying anything because I've flaned others . Not sure how else I'm suppose to interpret that as you clearly having an issue with me and what I said ir that that hit a nerve. You dont need to pretend it didn't, because the way you responded was crystal clear. The point is that you went on a long rant that very much came off telling ppl to toughen up while still saying Buffy did something wrong . No one is going around acting offended over nothing so none if that ever needed to be said at all , because it's not an issue. It's you that went on this hypothetical what if rant and acted like that was more important than dealing with real issues that actually happened. If you can't realize how that makes you sounds , I can't help you and I genuinely think it's quite weird to care more about what ifs than reality. On top of that it very much comes off as you dismissing people like sky and beavie because ur entire tone is it's it's forum and ppl can express themselves . No , they can't if it's offensive to people and you dont get to choose what people find offensive unless you are the one feeling attacked . No one us even saying if you offend someone u get an auto ban. So everything you said was nothing but screaming into the void at a situation thats never even happened to protect offenders that dont even exist. Why? How does that affect you? And how would it possibly stop ppl from wanting to come here putside tge types we just banned . Who fuckimg cares about people like that?

Tl Dr, yes yr being fucking weird sorry
Im just gonna assume you cant read and carry on with my day. Have a good one m8

Status
Not open for further replies.