Promos A Royal Journey: The Call

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Continued from:

A Royal Journey
-The Call-

June 22nd
After the show

Later on, after her match is done, we see Nova, tired but generally happy, going into a dressing room. Far from lavish, there are various hooks along the wall with some hangers-on them, and several chairs for wrestlers to relax. The wrestlers clearly haven’t taken much care of the room as it is a bit of a mess with clothes out of some of the bags, along with a couple of mats to stretch on and an exercise ball in the corner. Her star-studded and colourful attire still on from the match, Nova runs her hand through her sweat-soaked rainbow hair and grins to herself as she walks in. A jacket is slung over her shoulder and she has a custom ball cap in her hand as she is done her match for the night, and is ready to get changed to leave. Sitting down in the chair, Nova digs in her bag to pull out her phone in a literal rainbow coloured case and takes a selfie of her holding up a peace sign and sticking out her tongue.

“There, that’s another one for the album.” She says to herself as she looks through some of the many photos she’s taken of herself over the past year from where she’s wrestled. From standing in the sun in California, a view of Seattle from the famous Sky Needle, to a picture someone else took of her jumping through the air with a crossbody in a match in a ballpark along with a picture of her and a mix of Joshi wrestlers with a couple of gaijin performers sitting down in a restaurant and having a big meal after a show in Japan. Mixed in are a few personal pictures of her with a couple of her former model friends at a movie premiere, a picture of her at the hospital with two people close to her. One is of her cousin, Ryan Doucette, and his wife with her signature red hair, holding their first-born child. The caption for the picture is “My cuz, his gal, and my new Godson!” then, during New Year’s Day, her kissing a guy at the stroke of midnight with a ponytail with his twin in the background ducking his head at the bang of fireworks. A small glimpse into what she’s done over the past while.

Nova is interrupted with a knock on the locker room and she gets up from her chair to answer it, opening it slowly to see who’s outside, before stepping out to see a bald man in a grey polo-shirt and black sports jacket with jeans. He chuckles and asks “Did I come at a bad time?” where Nova laughs it off.

“Nah, I’m good. Thanks for having me on the show, Joey.” She shakes hands with the promoter and he nods.

“It was great having you. The crowd loved you. It’s a shame it’s only a one time deal. Are you sure you can’t commit to another show?”

Taylor shakes her head. “No. Right now I really have to keep my options open.”

“What? You’re going to sign with some company li-” The promoter is about to say something, but Nova cuts him off.

“I don’t have a contract right now.” She pauses before adding. “Not yet.”

Joey raises an eyebrow and looks like he has an idea of what Nova is about to say, but he’s just waiting for her to say it.

“I’ve been enjoying my little tour around the world recently, but I feel as if I’m ready to take a chance of making somewhere my main place so to speak. I’ve set out and done what I’ve aimed to do. I’m a bit more experienced. I have been washing off the stench of being seen as just a model or Ryan’s cousin, and I’ve had fun. A lot of fun just being me and rocking it everywhere I am. This may be the next test for me. So I kinda have had my new agent send out feelers to several places and he’s said there is some interest.”

The promoter leans on the door frame. “So, what you’re saying is that you’re expecting some offers soon?”

The colourful wrestler nods. “Yeah, and I’m sure a lot of them won’t be exactly ‘exclusive’ deals, so when I have an opening, then we can talk.”

Joey shrugs. “You know what? With what I saw out there, a big promotion will be lucky to have you. I’m sure we’ll stay in touch, and once you know your schedule, we’ll talk.”

She smiles at him. “Sounds great!”

The promoter starts to step away. “Now, why don’t you go get changed and shower, you stink.” He jokes with her, “Then come to my office and you’ll get your cheque for the show.”

Nova rolls her eyes and gives a small giggle before closing the door, leaving the promoter. Just as she walks over to her chair, her phone begins to ring, playing a ringtone of "Misery Business" by Paramore. “Uhh, I don’t want to get my phone covered in sweat...Uhh.” To prevent her phone from getting messy, she puts it on speaker and sits down.

“Hey Sal, how’s it going with the feelers you sent out?”

On the phone her agent, he very enthusiastically responds. “Great, no, amazing!”

The news brings delight to the Rainbow Princess. “That’s great, how many promotions sent offers?”

“Multiple, but I found the that’s right the best offer possible for your career. A life-changing contract! Like, you’re going to make a lot of money with this deal.”

Not sharing the exact same enthusiasm, Nova responds, “Great, but what else is there to it?”

“Nova, I told you, it’s the biggest offer by a mile, it’s worth-”

“Yeah, I know!” Nova yells a little bit, feeling rather annoyed. “Making a lot of money and,” quoting a line from someone she has faced before “Living mean and making green, all that. But there’s more to it than that. Like, what’s the company? Where are they based? Who’s on the roster? How often do they have shows? If I only did this for money, I would have easily stuck with modelling, like, more money for doing less. I want to be able to have fun.”

“Right…” Sal on the phone pauses a bit before stuttering out some information about the new company. “I-It’s called Liberty or Death Wrestling with their headquarters based in New Hampshire, but they’re likely to do shows all over the Northeast and even up in Canada eventually.”

Nova raises an eyebrow, having some suspicions. “Never heard of that company…” before her agent continues.

“They have shows every two weeks, and have a couple of people you know like Darius Wright and Chris Young, also one of your cousin's students, Brian Toogood,"

Nova rolls her eyes. "That loudmouth..."

Sal continues before Nova cuts her off again, "and you know what? With the offer they gave me, it’s clear they’re huge fans of you and-”

“Sal, why haven’t I heard of this company?” Nova says with a bit more stress in her voice.

“Oh, it’s because they’re new. Just coming together now.”

Nova takes a long sigh and holds up her hand, “And doesn’t that sound a bit strange to you? A new company, probably hasn’t many shows yet, if any, and they’re capable of offering me what you’re selling as a ‘life-changing contract?’ It’s having red flags with me, Sal. I’ve had some dumb shit happen to me over the past few years and I know people don’t like me or don’t like me by proxy of Ryan. I’m hesitant.”

“And I understand that.” Sal attempts to reassure her. “But wrestling is a business still, and you’re what? 24 right now, and you have all the time to blossom into a star, but this kind of offer at your age is monumental, ground-breaking. If you can take this money and save up, you’re set for your time after your career’s done and you’ll have more room to explore your passion. Besides, you have to pay bills and rent in Vancouver isn’t getting any cheaper, right?”

She looks to the sides and reluctantly says, “Tell me about it… I’m honestly considering moving back to Halifax at this rate to save money…”

“Right, and imagine, if you are being paid this much, they probably trust you enough to give you some room to ‘cut loose.’ I’m sure they also have money to the company as a whole. They’ll have the dollars to grow it, bigger audiences, and great opportunities for you.”

Taking some time to think it over, Nova puts her tongue in her cheek and taps her foot. After a moment of silence from the two, Sal says something.

“If didn’t believe you were worth this much, I wouldn’t have chosen to be your agent. You’re worth it.”

Not the money, or the praises of opportunity, but this emotional plea is enough for Nova to take a sigh and give in to the offer. “Fine, I’ll take it as long as you send it to me so I can look it over.”

The yes answer brings delight to her agent who enthusiastically says on the other end. “Fantastic! The world will have the Rainbow Princess to adore. I got a copy of the contract on my computer so I’ll email it to you in a bit. Read it over carefully, sign it, and send it back to me so I can email it back to the company’s owners to finalize it. However, they are planning on taking a month before giving you your first match, just trying to settle some things. Take care, Nova!”

Before Nova can respond, the call is ended and it dawns on her that she doesn’t know one bit of information that is crucial. She mutters to herself, “Wait, who’s the owner of this company?” The Rainbow Princess shrugs and gets up. “Maybe it’s just some bigger organization or something, especially if they seem to be loaded.”

On that note, Nova Taylor gets up and walks away. She may have a new home in wrestling, and she may be in for quite a change in her life.

Last edited: