A moment?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Like Cena said, every once in a great while WWE provides us with moments that mark the life of fans, and are remembered for ever. Either it's an amazing moment caused by someone defying every odd and logic(see Hogan body slamming Andre), or it is a man making his dream come true(Benoit, HBK, Eddie winning the big one). Those moments are marked in the history of profesional wrestling.

We can talk about moments that will never be forgotten as in rivalries, like the Austin vs Mcmahon, HBK vs Bret Hart, Hogan vs Andre and Austin vs The Rock. Feuds that are the measuring stick for all top feuds right now.

However, since 2006, WWE has wanted to stick another feud in that line, and that is the feud between HHH and John Cena.

It was always billed as the greates match possible in the WWE, but until NOC this year, it was now named a moment, a match that would transpire time and join that group of unforgettable moments.

Do you agree?

Do you think that Cena vs HHH, seing it as a fan, because I am sure that as business and merchandisable feud it has already surpassed some other big rivalrues, but as a fan, do you think that HHH vs Cena will really live on, that just as we talk about Austin vs Rock now, people in 8 years will talk about HHH vs Cena as the biggest main event of our time, or like we remember the body slam of Hogan, will people 20 years from now remember HHH tapping out to the STFU?

kingovkings

Reaction score
No i dont think yeras in the future that they will remember the match were HHH tapped to Cena or the recent match at NOC as big matches Like Hogan/Andre etc. But on the spin side of that i still think there is a massive memroble match is to come out of HHH vs Cena yet.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
HHH/Cena WM22 will be remembered for sure, but not their NoC match, I already don't remember to be honest...I don't like how everybody in the WWE wanted to make this match that "big" atmosphere, but this is something you can't decide, the fans decide ( Hogan-Rock, for example), this match was just average, just like their feud IMO.

Axis

Nope, this is certainly not a classic rivalry. It isn't even Hunter's best feud. Their WrestleMania match was good, but not either man's best. This was a solid title feud, but not much more than that.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
mmm, cena vs hhh WM22 yes, cena vs hhh NOC no. The 1st match was a match that i gonna remember all my life cena(fav wrestler) and hhh(i hate this dude) and the 2nd was so shitty coz it was in a B ppv, anyway cena vs hhh III will be the shit, please someday :)

Axis

mmm, cena vs hhh WM22 yes, cena vs hhh NOC no. The 1st match was a match that i gonna remember all my life cena(fav wrestler) and hhh(i hate this dude) and the 2nd was so shitty coz it was in a B ppv, anyway cena vs hhh III will be the shit, please someday :)
How do you know it will be "the shit"? What if it takes place at Unforgiven. According to you, because it is at a "B PPV" it will be "shity."

chessarmy

no. WWE was trying to hype this up like it was a huge rivalry like the ones you listed, but unfortunately it isn't. Don't get me wrong, Trips and Cena are two of the biggest stars in WWE, but you can't compare HHH/Cena to Rock/Austin, and all the other great feuds that we've seen over the years.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
Yeah it was great at Wrestlemania 22 because heel vs. face. Look at all the "Moment in time" They are all baby face vs. The top heel. One I think is forgotten is Triple H and The Rock. These guys were great on Par ppv back in 2000. Backlash and of course Judgment Day. I know people wont like this comment but Cena is just okay for me I like him at times but when he is in a fued with Triple H Id rather see him as the heel rapping and making fun of triple h so triple h can be all sarcastic dx style which would be great. Now there on different shows they have had two single matches in over two years I just don't see how you could but this combo up there with Hogan/Andre HBK/Hart Austin/Rock Rock/Triple H.

CenaMark54

Personally, I don't think the fued has ever been that great. The buildup leading to WM 22 was average at best. The WWE did a god aweful job making the fans hate HHH. Every single promo, HHH was playing up to the fans and making Cena sound like a joke.

They had a chance to make it better, but they are blowing it right now. There has been far to much interaction between the two to make any future feud great in my opinion.

Moonlight Drive

Cena is a legend of the future, no matter how much people are going to hate it. And making Triple H tap out at WM 22 was the Cena moment, it was his equivalent of Eddie at NWO, HBK, Austin, Benoit at WM, when they show Cena videos they're going to show HHH tapping out

eggthief

Reaction score
It might be his biggest moment in his career so far but it doesnt matches all other mentioned fueds.