A Major Noob BTB - (JOW Fantasy Draft)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
logo2ofk2y.png

STORY
The Wrestling world is in an uproar. The big companies decided to say "Fuck it, let's have an all-out Talent Draft" and
that's how we got here at the start of June 2022. Major League Wrestling, now run by William Regal, sits at the bottom
of the top six promotions of the world. Thanks to this Talent Draft and these 40 draft picks this is their chance to change
the world of Wrestling... in a Major way...

(Disclaimer: I'm a total JOW noob and I'm only going to use the game more like a guideline. Mostly for injuries, signings
and match outcomes. So you won't see an exact 1:1 transfer from what I'm doing in the save to what happens in here.)

ROSTER
(More will be revealed through the following shows)
(Updated after MLW Fusion #150)
adam_colegkj05.png
adam_pageobjj9.png
aj_stylesqsk4a.png
bryan_danielsonw6kt5.png
david_finlaydakfn.png

doc_gallows60jxh.png
doug_williams59kpf.png
finn_balor48jl3.png
harry_smithgrkp2.png
jay_lethal1qj1r.png

jey_usofkj3q.png
jimmy_usovpkzk.png
karl_anderson86jbz.png
keith_leemhkf5.png
kevin_owensxej2v.png

mjfrjjqa.png
swerve_stricklandhlju0.png
william_regalh2kez.png
will_ospreaykfjbo.png
zack_sabre_jrmpj0u.png

alexa_blisskxj8u.png
britt_bakerrlkou.png
io_shiraisbjyo.png
jordynne_grace0sjn3.png
shayna_baszlere8ka6.png

rhea_ripleyqcjed.png
serena_deebtujqi.png
thunder_rosao1jtl.png
toni_stormr8k1n.png
yuka_sakazakiv1jcg.png

TAG TEAMS / STABLES
Commonwealth Connection (Doug Williams & Harry Smith)
Swerve In Our Glory (Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland)
The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)
The Usos (Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso)

CHAMPIONS
MLW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Bryan Danielson
(Since June 4th, 2022 - Rise of the Renegades)

MLW NATIONAL OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Vacant

MLW WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
Swerve In Our Glory
(Since June Week 2, 2022 - MLW Fusion #150)

MLW WORLD MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Vacant

MLW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Vacant

UPCOMING SHOWS
June, Week 2 - MLW Fusion #150
June, Week 4 - MLW Fusion #151
July, Week 1 - Battle Riot IV

Last edited:

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
rise2qkvy.png

The first show of this new era is the comeback of Rise Of The Renegades and with all MLW Titles
vacated due to the shake up, William Regal announced an 8-Men Tournament for this show, called
the New Limits Cup 2022, to determine the new MLW World Heavyweight Champion.

Besides that the show also saw two Tag Team matches and a Fatal 4-Way Women's Match.

rise_goodbros_vs_commlgkcg.png

Being the third match on the card, after two great quarter final matches from the New Limits Cup,
these four didn't have it easy, but they made the best out of it. A good, pretty old school Tag match,
where Anderson and Gallows tried to cheat their way to victory, but Williams and Smith were able
to prevent that.
001_riseoftherenegadei5ki6.png

rise_ripley_vs_rosa_vkfj18.png

Almost exactly in the middle of the card was this very first showcase of the new MLW Women's
Division and the four put on an exciting match. Rhea was able to dominate during the match, but
found her end when Thunder and Toni threw her through the commentary table. After that Deeb
was actually able to swoop in and get the W, while Storm and Thunder were duking it out in the
Ring.
001_riseoftherenegade9djaw.png

rise_usos_vs_swerveglwmkwn.png

The Co-Main Event of the show and it was an excellent one. Both teams went all out in this fast and
furious tag team bout, which saw Keith Lee getting the pin over Jimmy Uso, after a hidden tag and
the Spirit Bomb. Jimmy and Jey were pissed afterwards and complained to the Ref about the finish.
001_riseoftherenegade2fk1n.png

rise_tournamentlajnm.png

The very first match of the show was also the first quarter final, which saw Bryan Danielson fight
Finn Bálor and it turned out to be the second best match of the night. Danielson won via Pinfall, but
the match truly was on a knife's edge.
Next up was AJ Styles versus Adam Cole, which would become the actual match of the night and
just like the first one, this was as close as it can get, with Styles picking up the win.
The third match of the tournament saw "Hangman" Adam Page and MJF in the Ring. MJF wasn't able
to get in the driver's seat without cheating and while it looked like Page had it in the bag at the end
of the match, it was MJF who surprised Page one more time and with some leverage from the ropes
was able to pin his shoulders to the mat.
In the last match of the quarter finals we saw Kevin Owens fight Will Ospreay. They were on par for
half of the match, until a move from Owens on the outside made Ospreay hit the stairs wrong. After
that Ospreay seemingly had problems with his hand. Back in the ring, Kevin tried to do more damage
to that hand, but Ospreay turned it quickly around and got a shocking pinfall out of nowhere.
001_riseoftherenegadeaojmg.png

The semi finals started with Bryan Danielson against AJ Styles and for both it would become their
second excellent match of the night. At the end of this long bout Danielson was able to make Styles
tap out.
Will Ospreay went into his semi final match with MJF with a heavily taped wrist. Naturally MJF
tried to win this one by going for Ospreay's damaged hand first and when that didn't work, he again
tried to cheat his way to victory, but this time he wasn't so lucky and Ospreay was able to turn MJF's
try into his own road to the final.
001_riseoftherenegade75kl8.png

And the final of the New Limits Cup 2022 for the MLW World Heayvweight Championship saw
Bryan Danielson lock up with Will Ospreay, who still had some heavy problems with his wrist and due
to that injury it was almost impossible to overcome Danielson's offense. Ospreay fought bravely, but
at the end of the day, that hurt wrist made the big difference and Danielson made Ospreay tap out.
001_riseoftherenegadeifjup.png

Fans: +2150
Rating: 4,5 Stars

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Loved the GFX - love seeing someone deal with the challenges of JOW! New Limits Cup was awesome way to kick off the project. Plus the Uso lost so bonus :p

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
151_logonmjlz.png

The fallout of Rise of the Renegades is here and after the commentary team repeated, what
has already been announced after the PPV, that Will Ospreay suffered a broken wirst and
will be out for at least half a year, the show gets on its way with some action.

151_owensfinlayk1koi.png

David Finlay, who made his debut here, fought bravely, but Kevin Owens, who showed a
very aggressive side in this match, was able to get a decisive win. Halfway through the Match
Kevin started to focus all his attacks on Finlay's wrist and arm, just like he did with Ospreay
after that bad looking bump Will took from Owens at ROTR.

002_mlwfusion1_owensfq8j5u.png

After the Match ended, Kevin Owens got a microphone and held a short promo about how
he basically assisted Bryan Danielson in becoming the MLW World Heavyweight Champion,
because of what he did to Will Ospreay and if anyone should get a Title shot at Battle Riot IV,
it should be him, or else he'll continue to put opponents on the shelf until no one is left.

William Regal has a very quick announcement to make. The upcoming Match will determine
who is going to face Serena Deeb, who won her Fatal 4-Way Match at ROTR, for the MLW
Women's Title at Battle Riot IV. After that each of the six Women talk shortly about their
plans on winning this Match and what they'll do to get their hands on the Title.

151_6waywomens8sj6c.png

With such an array of different styles it was no surprise that these six Women were able to
blow the roof of the Mohegan Sun Arena. The end saw Io Shirai and Britt Baker actually team
up to get rid of Jordynne Grace, who shortly before Powerbombed Shayna Baszler onto the
Apron outside the Ring. Shirai and Baker then were about to square off again, when Alexa
Bliss
re-entered the scene to attack Io. Britt saw her advantage, attacked Shirai, who bumped
into Bliss and Baker quickly rolled up Alexa to win the match.

Britt Baker quickly rolled out of the Ring to celebrate her victory while walking up the ramp,
when her Battle Riot opponent Serena Deeb showed up to exchange some trash talking.

002_mlwfusion1_6-womenmkgt.png

Before the Title Match for the vacant MLW World Tag Titles started, we saw AJ Styles for an
interview segment. He's talking about how he was the "Face, who runs the place" before and
that he also already build multiple houses up, so it's not a problem at all for him to make MLW
another of "the houses that AJ Styles b...". He stops in his tracks when he saw a grinning Swerve
Strickland
walking into the frame. Swerve talks about how he walked by, when he heard AJ
talking about building houses and he asks AJ what he thinks whose house the MLW actually
is. "It's Swerve's House."

151_worldtagteamewjir.png

Another great match for this week's Fusion show, with Doug Williams and Harry Smith not
having the luck to win it. Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee took the Titles, when Keith pinned
Smith after the Ground Zero. The two teams shook hands after the Match.

002_mlwfusion1_ajswerhujks.png

The last Match of this evening sees a Fatal 4-Way Match for a spot in a MLW Openweight Title
Match at Battle Riot IV. After Finn Bálor, "Hangman" Page and Adam Cole made their way to
the ring, Jay Lethal comes out to make his surprise debut.

151_4wayiok68.png

Especially Adam Cole and Adam Page, due to their recent heated history, fought all over the place,
which made it extra difficult for each of them to get that W tonight. At the end of the bout, Lethal
ducked under a Buckshot Lariat, which hit Cole instead, but neither could capitalize from it, since
Bálor took care of them. Finn then went to the top rope to deliver the Coup de Grâce against Cole
and win the opportunity to fight for the MLW Openweight Championship at Battle Riot IV.

002_mlwfusion1_fatal4a4kmk.png

151_danielson5bjjy.png

The new MLW World Heavyweight Champion Bryan Danielson came to the empty ring after an
ad break to talk for a couple of minutes. First, he said he respected the hell out of Will Ospreay for
continue fighting at Rise of the Renegades and that he wishes him a speedy recovery "...so I can
make you tap out once again, when you are at one hundred percent."

Then Danielson states that with him being the MLW World Heavyweight Champion the MLW is
THE place to be in this age of actual pro wrestling and that he as "the best professional Wrestler
in the world"
is prepared to "defend this title each and every night against the absolute best this
industry has to offer."
With that said, he lays down a challenge for Battle Riot IV and asks if anyone
is "back there, who wants to go toe to toe with the best technical Wrestler, the American Dragon
Bryan Danielson."

A couple of seconds pass, until an Entrance Theme hits and Zack Sabre Jr. appears. Under the noise
from the audience he makes his ways to the ring, where he and Danielson end the show with an
intense staredown, while Bryan holds his MLW World Heavyweight Title up high.

002_mlwfusion1_danieli7j11.png

- Fans -
+670
- Event Rating -

4.5 Stars

I updated the opening post with the newly revealed talent.
Also with this show you guys know the whole Women's Division for the start.
Pretty happy about getting these 10, especially with going sixth (which means
last) in the Fantasy Draft.

After Show Updates:
002_mlwfusion1_aftersm8ksg.png

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Great line-up and show! Trying to make me faint with that ending.

tumblr_onnru0IdWP1u1ljrzo1_500.gifv

I'm sure that 4 way pleases a lot of people, myself included :banderas2 Plop a load of my favourite guys in a multi-man and I'll pop.

• Love
Reactions: Death By Looch

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
- Ospreay out for half a year - buy a compass you fuchkhead!
- Owens taking on Finlay I can fuck with - although not going to lie ' WE WANT STEEN'
- Hype for potential Kev vs. Bry
- A lit six way match - and Deeb vs. Baker can be fyah
- you did the commonwealth dirty - gosh damn!
- A really solid main event
- Danielson vs. ZSJ - you are giving the match - THAT I WANT!

• Love

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Great line-up and show! Trying to make me faint with that ending.
That was the goal :lol

- Ospreay out for half a year - buy a compass you fuchkhead!
- Owens taking on Finlay I can fuck with - although not going to lie ' WE WANT STEEN'
- Hype for potential Kev vs. Bry
- A lit six way match - and Deeb vs. Baker can be fyah
- you did the commonwealth dirty - gosh damn!
- A really solid main event
- Danielson vs. ZSJ - you are giving the match - THAT I WANT!
Thank you, Juicy! That reminded me, that I forgot to mark the matches properly, because I only booked Owens (I'll probably rename him at some point, when I have more Creative Coins...and yes, I keep them names the way they are in the game) to win. The other three matches were decided by letting JOW simulate them. :D

Funny about Danielson vs. Sabre is that I booked these shows about 2-3 weeks ago. Maybe I'm the reason it's not happening in real life this weekend. I jinxed it. :lol

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I know how you feel - when you book something in advance - and then bank it. And it looks like you replicated IRL and your like. DERRRRP!

• Haha