A huge Summerslam match cancelled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I have read some of the threads and no one have posted this one yet....
well... sorry If there is...

Source: PWInsider.com

- As we saw on RAW last night, it appeared RAW setup Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy for SummerSlam, and that match will indeed go down. The planned Jackass vs. Umaga match has been cancelled. Sometime during the last week the deal fell apart. WWE had planned on some of the Jackass guys being at the Great American Bash PPV and do some of their stunts on Umaga all night and end up costing Umaga the title in the Hardy match which would have setup Umaga vs. Jackass at Summerslam.

Johnny Noxville had planned to do a few TV appearances for WWE leading up to the SummerSlam PPV but after the Benoit family tragedy happened, Jackass and Knoxville started distancing themselves from WWE. It started out with a few promised TV and PPV appearances, then it came down to Jackass only working the SummerSlam PPV then it ended with the whole idea being scrapped.

Once Knoxville pulled out, WWE decided to scrap the idea altogether. Originally WWE had planned on the Jackass crew defeating Umaga in the match.

Travis40

THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the Jackass movies but, they need to stay the fuck away from wrestling, remember back in 06 when Steve O was there and he didn't take anything seriously?

Reaction score
I was looking forward to those idiots getting mauled by Umaga again.

pastavirus

Reaction score
Actually I was looking forward to Steve-O being part of the "Who killed Vince?" angle. Mental images of Shane interrogating Steve-O made me giggle.

3lions

Reaction score
Whether it was forced upon WWE or not, great move. Umaga/Jeff have great chemistry and they should continue to feud (and will, as we saw on Raw last night). Also, Umaga is a very talented guy and could easily be one of the top guys in WWE given the opportunity (as he was in January against Cena). If he were to get defeated/dominated by Jackass guys, it would ruin his character and cost WWE in the long run. This is a blessing in disguise for WWE.

MikeRaw

I am torn on this...I think the invasion would have been pretty entertaining and all with jkackass but the match would suck.It would be cool for the whole backstory but the match would have me take a piss break.I think its for the better those cause as 3lions said,they are great together and can put on a good match...I hope its as good as I expect....

Reaction score
This is very good news. SummerSlam didn't need some peeps like these coming to WWE. They need to stay away from Wrestling so what is the official SSPPV Poster is it the Rey Mysterio one?

Oasis

Reaction score
That's awesome, that was a horrible idea in the first place imo......