A Heel Stable composed of 2nd generation star??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
One idea being thrown around is a heel stable composed of a group of younger WWE wrestlers. Also, they would use an older wrestler or a manager as a mentor. One idea is to make it a second generation stable featuring Ted DiBiase, Jr., Afa, Jr., DH Smith, Cody Rhodes (who would turn heel), and maybe Carlito as the mouthpiece if they don't get a manager. However, it may not be a 100% second generation stable after all, as other names being tossed around include CM Punk and Chris Harris. However, the young wrestlers stable is the basic idea they have in mind.

Am I the only one thinking that it's time for the WWE to start using Arn Anderson...you can not possibly think of creating a stable without the Enforcer being involved....My only problem is that Cody Rhodes and DH Smith are still way too green and have all the charisma of a wet mop, not to mention that DH has already been suspended once for flunking a drug test. Same with Afa, Jr, he got caught cheating on a roids test, I've heard good things about Ted DeBiase Jr. though.

"as other names being tossed around include CM Punk and Chris Harris."

I think I just creamed my pants.

Rell

Reaction score
This could be good, I mean REALLY Good :y:

WWE has always been a promotion that pulls off stables pretty well. TNA better step its game up because WWE has been on another level as of late, seriously.

C4

It would be like the "New Breed" vs. The originals, nonetheless this is going to be Awesome if they actually move forward and implement it.

But at the same time this is a freaking long faction as well, and if they do decide to group all the guys together in a heel stable then they should remove the useless people. Whatever the case they can do a lot and can come up with unique storylines.... On a second note, they do own the nWo trademark right? :g:

xtremebadass

They have been needing a good serious heel stable for a long time now, La Familia? Are you kidding me?

Well atleast WWE is getting their head out of their ass for once.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
It should be interesting to see how CM Punk and Carlito get along since they have beef with each other over Carlito hitting on Maria when Punk was still going out with her.

MikeRaw

Good, I like this idea.
If it was a thing with all the new gen stars, that'd be cool, but I hope its not like the New Breed. That sucked after a while, because they only had the one feud. I hope this one sticks around for 2 years or so, to get over. The New Breed didnt end up getting over, so there was no point. They need to let this stable grow. Id like to see it like this:
Carlito
Cody Rhodes
Tag Team: DH Smith and Ted Dibiase Jr.

And also, Chris Harris and CM Punk would make a good team. They could have something like Chris Harris/CM Punk/Matt Hardy or something.
IDK about that last idea, but nonethe less, I want to see a good heel stable, and the young guys ones seems like a good idea.

Also, WWE has been alot betetr lately IMO, and a heel stable could top it off. Maybe even have Million Dollar Man as manager.

Montana

Maybe its just me, but i think this idea make no sense. Just throwing together 2nd generation stars? WTF does dibiase jr, and Afa Jr and Rhodes have in common? A free pass to the wwe roster? They are going to run into a similar problem with the Hart Foundation 2.0. Those guys were near complete opposites.

They do need a heel stable, however i can't see them putting second generation stars together and working. Look at DH Smith, he's practically a jobber, Everyone hates Cody Rhodes, Dibaise should be upper mid card off the bat.

I could see a anti-american stable coming, or a Orton lead stable.

Hometown Kid

Yeah this is actually a pretty stupid idea IMO. As Montana said these guys have nothing in common. With some guys that actually might match up well this could actually work though.

gashface

Reaction score
This could be good, I mean REALLY Good :y:

WWE has always been a promotion that pulls off stables pretty well. TNA better step its game up because WWE has been on another level as of late, seriously.

Seriously were the hell have you been? Another level having the same feuds for like the past 3 ppvs... and same matches more or less? Yeah another level that!

Apart from that this sounds interesting, I'm not sure it's a good idea.. but it's interesting. I'll reserve judgement till I see it.

xtremebadass

I think if WWE is making a stable, they need an equal mix of talent.

1. Main Eventer
2. Midcarder
3. Tag Teamer
4. Tag Teamer
5. Manager (optional)

I am looking at maybe Orton, Punk, Rhodes, and Harris, I don't know who the manager would be if there is one.

Reaction score
Well I'm on the other side of the fence with this cause I think it's a great idea. Now I've read the idea that these guys didn't have anything in common making it a bad idea to begin with but there is something thats common to them and it's says right there on the title. Their all 2nd Generation superstars, A gimmick that they can take advantage of. See these guys may not have similarities in the ring but neither did Anvil and Bret. It's what makes their style diverse. Now I can't say it's going to come out like it is in my head but if the WWE takes the right steps this might just work.

See right now Cody is a nobody quite frankly. His a CAW carrying the Rhodes name. Right now his showing no backbone. Sure his had this whole storyline with getting Hardcore Holly's respect and thats been done a few times already. Maybe being converted to a heel can help him. The people hate them as it is anyway. Turning on Hardcore over for the 2nd Generation stable to start would be a nice way to turn. I mean dare I compare The Rock. The Rock entered the WWF with people not liking him for the exact same reason. "Die Rocky, Die." Remember that? and that all changed when he showed us that he had something in him when he turned to heel.

Cody showed us that he doesn't have the mic skills and not alot of wrestlers do but they remain to be good wrestlers and with some changes on his moveset thats possible. Xtremebadass did state they need a manager. Maybe like a mentor and having a mentor for the young stable can help a whole lot as well. Just take a look at how Flair influenced Randy and Batista. Speaking of Randy. I think why stay at the idea of 2nd generation. Why not put in the 3rd in the mix with Orton leading the group. That'd make him seem more powerful and a more worthy main eventer.

With Punk and Harris in the mix it seems that this stable can bring something different to the table because of their diverse styles in the ring and out. I just hope the WWE executes it well and if does. These guys will get the needed increase of exposure they need.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I'm liking the idea of having Orton in this stable if it does happen, he is a 3rd generation wrestler and has gone on to succeed in WWE so he can be the mentor, mouth piece, leader etc.. it could be like the new-age Evolution with Orton playing the role of Triple H.

Wrestling was best when there were factions/stables of heels or faces. DX, The Nation, Evolution, The Heenan Family...they should kick-start it now. Bring something we haven't seen in along time back and get us interested again.

HHHforever

Reaction score
It's an idea and I like that they're thinking about these things. I'm not sure if it's an amazing or even good idea, but I don't mind the thought process. I'm a huge fan of stables, especially heel ones and I think it's something that the WWE is really lacking at this moment in time. La Familia in my opinion isn't really a stable, it is but I dunno it's just different to me.

However as Montana said I really don't see how well this would work as DH Smith is a jobber and people hate Rhodes. If this was too happen this is how it would have to be done. First Rhodes would have to turn on Holly and cost them the tag belts, which I would enjoy. Second DH Smith would have to do something, like win some matches and be built up instead of jobbing to everyone on the roster. This would take a lot of time before it could be done, quite honestly I don't see it happening.

Also I love Carlito, but having him as the manager of this stable would make zero to no sense. I'd like to see an older guy, like a Flair comeback and manage them.