Promos A Fight For Reality

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
"A Fight For Reality"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The light sound of a guitar strum fills the cool air on an early fall evening in the park. The stone path is sprinkled with colourful leaves that are still damp from the recent rainfall. The trees tower above still having most of their foliage, but the crisp colours of autumn are slowly taking over the park. Lamps around the park are still not lit yet as darkness has yet to fall, but it appears to be a picturesque evening. Sitting on a park bench, Nova Taylor has an acoustic guitar on her lap, with her guitar case on the ground. She has a turtle-neck sweater, grey, along with blue skinny jeans, and an orange scarf around her neck. Her acoustic guitar is filled with stickers, including a rainbow, a Pokeball, a logo featuring Japanese lettering in pink, along with a tiara, stars, the logo of the Vancouver Canucks, and her name etched in it. The rainbow hair of the Rainbow Princess is looking a tad faded, meaning she hasn’t redyed it in a while, and her forehead bares the product of the attack she was given by Slate Bass after her win against Eden, a bandage on her forehead, likely covering up stitches. She strums the guitar and sings lightly.

“I love making you believe…

What you get is what you see…

But I'm so fake happy…

I feel so fake happy…

And I bet everybody here…

Is just as insincere…

We're all so fake happy…

And I know fake happy…”

The last strum of her hangs before she stops the song by banging on the guitar. Leaning on her instrument, Nova gives a depressed sigh and leans back on the bench.

“This isn’t exactly a happy place, but it is kinda the only place I can escape to as of late. I can’t enjoy my dream job, I can’t sleep, just… I can’t enjoy anything.”
She lightly shakes her head. “I’ve said for some time, keep things bright, colourful, and make things rock…” She gives a sarcastic chuckle. “But noo, Slate Bass and Eden have done everything to make my existence dark as fuck,” she grabs her hair, “fill me with grey, and have been trying to play me like an instrument.”

Getting a little more frustrated, Nova glares. “And I still don’t fucking get their logic. ‘Bring out your potential?’ What? Make me pissed off? Make me sad? If you mean potential as a performer, then I literally showed it to her first hand when I beat Eden. And even then, why? Why me?”

She grunts. “She and Slate hate my family. Even before Slate decided to go all sad. Ryan had to defend a title with him in a match where he literally had to choke him out with a rope, and Ryan won, and Slate hated him ever since.” Making a side comment, she says, “And I guess me by association. Like… They could have easily let me be and never had to deal with anyone from our family ever again. We might as well consider Ryan retired, I was wrestling on the other side of the country and was even considering going to Japan on a full-time basis after I settle down in North America for a year or two first. And they could have made LDW a thing, made everyone else’s life a living hell and I wouldn’t have cared.”

“But now…”
The Rainbow Princess pauses. “It’s all I think about. Day in and night out, I feel like I’m trapped. Legally, financially, professionally, personally, I’m stuck dealing with them. I’m worried about what’s coming next. Can I actually have my next match without worrying about them? Can I do something company-related without them fucking it up? Are they around the next corner? And that attack after the match…”

There are chills down the spine of Nova Taylor. “Was a tipping point…” Then suddenly, she winces and holds her forehead and something changes about her demeanour, with the memories of the attack still fresh in her mind and her voice is cold. “The glass tearing at my skin, tiny shards poking into my bloodstream… The warm feeling on my face… Eden rubbing her own blood into mine..” Then Nova shakes her head and groans.

“I’m staying away from Primetime this week. I’m sure I can find something to do on that night. But I’ll be back sooner or later. I know I can’t just stay away, but considering my injuries, I think it’s justified, and I have to be back for Blackout. And this match may not be for a title, or ego, or respect… It’s a fight for reality itself, my reality.”

She turns her head to the side. “I’m fighting to finally take a stand and get those two to back away from me. I need to be free, to have the liberty to be me again. Not be an empty husk of a person. So I can be happy, and not fake happy. Slate and Eden are trying to take that away from me. I may be drained mentally, emotionally, even physically, but I’m not out.”

Putting her hand gently on her cut forehead, Nova calmly says. "And you know what? I faced Slate once before... And I was crushed. I went rushing in after returning to wrestling, unsure where to go next and was against him and his ally at the time, teaming with someone I didn't click with. I was scared, intimidated, rusty, but that Nova is gone. I've been wrestling constantly since then, I showed I can beat one Bassalini. And with everything to fight for, I need to give everything to do it again."

She looks up at the cameraman, breathing slowly, feeling a little at ease still, she says as seriously as possible.

“Slate, Eden, I’m going to take back control of my reality at Blackout and finally, I can be able to dream again.”

Nova tries to smile, but her lip keeps straight, she’s feeling drained still, but she decides to let out one more song. She strums her guitar to a familiar tune at a slower pace and begins to sing.

(For reference)

“Feels like I'm waking from the dead…

And everyone's been waitin' on me…

Least now I'll never have to wonder…

What it's like to sleep a year away…

But were we indestructible…

I thought that we could brave it all…

I never thought that what would take me out…

Was hiding down below...

Lost the battle, win the war…

Bringing my sinking ship back to the shore…

We're starting over, or head back in…

There's a time and a place to die but this ain't it...

If there's a future, we want it, now…

If there's a future, we want it, now....”

Continuing to play the song in the background, the video fades away.

OOC: Mention, @Jonny Nostradamus