A Better Understanding

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
A Better Understanding

(Japanese in brackets, translated)

A couple of days after things got heated after a heart-breaking loss, things have finally simmered down. We are in an Osaka apartment, with the city view during the day outside of the window. The apartment is cramped compared to its North American counterparts. The walls are a clean white and there is a table that is a bit lower to the ground than normal, with cushions to sit on. On one end is a green couch, and some shelving on either side, covered in Anime and gaming figurines. A TV is on the wall on the other end along with more shelves. The next room over a small kitchenette. Back turned from us, we see a somewhat short young lady with dark hair and dyed purple tips. She is in a plain black top and pants. It is Vampiress of Cosmic Joshi Wrestling, unmasked, with her face hidden. In her living room we see, cross-legged on one of her cushions, Cali Hayama. She has a short-sleeved t-shirt on, blue and green, branded with the Vancouver Canucks logo. Her hair flows down as she has some shorts on. In front of her is a cup of tea she blows on before taking a sip and looking around her, speaking in Japanese to her friend.

“(Why are Japanese apartments so cramped?)” She asks and Vampiress chuckles.

“(Better than having wasted space like you North Americans.)” she mentions before asking Cali Hayama a question. “(Cali, how is it wrestling in America?)”

Cali puts her hand on her chin. “(Like how?)”

“(Compared to here.)” Vampiress clarifies.

“(Some good and some bad. The crowds are very passionate but unforgiving. The opponents, you see a lot more styles. Then again, I also wrestle a mix of males and females. But also some Hollywood stuff and weird match types.)” Cali shrugs. “(I like it here in Japan a bit more, but America is closer to home and reaches more people.)”

“(I have heard those crowds.)” Vampiress glances to the side. “(I’m almost jealous because here, fans are not yet allowed to yell because of COVID concerns.)”

“(America also does not care about COVID and I hate it.)” Cali rolls her eyes. “(When I was on my date in Florida, I got yelled at because I was wearing a mask… Then they yelled at my date and I.)”

Vampiress chuckles. “(I can imagine. Though you may get some similar harassment here. Not for the masks, though.)”

“(You are used to wearing a mask, Vampiress.)” Cali jokes.

“(Do you know why I have my mask?)” Vampiress asks and Cali nods.

“(You told me your parents did not initially support you becoming a wrestler.)” The Canadian sips on her tea.

In the kitchen, Vampiress picks up a mask she took out earlier and puts it on before walking into the living room. “(That is true. But I kept it for a reason.)” She points to her face. “(Vampiress is an identity I can assume in the ring. I get in her frame of mind when I wear this mask. I would say it is a new person, but it is also part of me.)”

Cali adds. “(It is your brand. I know I think it is cool. It also helps that the mask is popular and is sold a lot.)” and Vampiress chuckles.

“(That too. But with that in mind, once again, I am sorry for being inconsiderate for your problems in America. Your last show and before it was a lot of trouble.)” She sits down across from Cali. “(Loss in a very close match does not help too. You have been scouted a lot by a group in America, right?)”

The Slayer-Queen of MAYHEM nods. “(Yes. They call themselves Top-Gun. No matter what, I am staying in MAYHEM here. You are my friends. I could join them and be dominant-)” her voice trails off.

“(You could join them, or?)” The masked Joshi asks.

“(-But it is strange in America. Units and factions work differently here. You do not need one there, but it helps. At the same time, people are crying in anger if I join. In America some people still see me as the content creator. Marquise said I was a ‘good person.’)”

Vampiress adds. “(You are a good friend. That much I know.)”

“(-But what we do in MAYHEM is not always received as well in America to American fans. There it is almost always all or nothing. You always break the rules or not. We have a clear code in MAYHEM. We accept that sometimes you do not need to, but when things are unfair, or someone deserves it, we make that exception and people understand.)”

Tapping her table, Vampiress hums. “(So, do you feel pushed in two directions?)”

Cali Hayama nods. “(And I honestly need to make a decision soon. It must not hang over me forever.)” She sips her tea while Vampiress continues.

“(Saori told you to make the best decision for you in AMA for Top-Gun. I agree. But if you want my thoughts, the best decision for you is to take the path you feel best represents how you want to be seen in America.)” She looks up. “(And what is it?)”

With no hesitation, Cali says, “MAYHEM.” we can see Vampiress raise an eyebrow under her mask and Cali explains. “(Here is where I have felt I have wrestled how I want to wrestle. Top-Gun, in some ways represent it, and in other ways go against. Marquise tried to push me in a way too, but he also did not have bad intentions.)”

Thinking of a response, Vampiress looks to the side and… holds her arm. She responds to Cali. “(Well, maybe we can show them the MAYHEM way?)” and Cali’s eyes open wide. “(Truth is, I have been wanting to try to wrestle a show in America sometime. I looked at independent promotions, but I also want to be where you are, at least occasionally. I asked COSMIC to talk to Mr. Thawne about letting more of us make appearances there.)” Then, Vampiress looks at Cali and speaks in English. There is a touch more confidence than Saori said to Cali, though she speaks slowly. “I have even practiced my English.”

Cali covers her mouth and smiles. “No freaking way! How much English DO you know?”

“I know a fair bit. Took it in school. Though I need… work.” Then, Vampiress gets an idea. “AMA has tag team tournament going on?”

Cali nods. “Lethal Lottery. Though I am not sure what it entirely is.”

“If I get-" She thinks of the word before remembering “Permission, would you tag with me?” Vampiress says slowly.

Cali has her tongue in her cheek. “I went to AMA to focus on being a singles wrestler. But being tag team champion would also be cool, especially with you. I also, uh, owe you after my boneheaded decision to cost us the Trios titles." She nods. “Yes.”

Vampiress smiles before switching back to her native language for a moment. “(As for Top-Gun, if you make your decision. I will stay out of it. If you need ideas, I will help, but you need to make that choice and I will respect it. But I would love to show America what MAYHEM is all about.)” She winks and Cali smiles.

“I’m looking forward to this. Maybe this will get my head straight?”

“Your head will never be on ‘straight,’ Cali.” Vampiress snickers as she jokes and Cali bursts out laughing.

“Hahahaha! Hey, you did a joke in English and it worked! I’m sure I’ll teach you some more when we have time.” Cali Hayama takes a deep breath before holding up the “MAYHEM” M. “You ready for this?”

Vampiress holds up her own M and nods. “(Down with the system. That system being AMA and their tag division.)”

The two give a small high five and go to enjoying each other’s company as the scene fades.​

Last edited: