9 Time Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
John Cena is now officially a 9 time world champion. (7 time wwe champion and a 2 time heavyweight champion) John has won five main events at mania and in those matches has either won or retained a world title. I am a Cena fan but Cena being a 9 time world champion just does not sit well with me. What are your thoughts?

Wordlife

Reaction score
Super happy he won, always been a Cena fan since Day 1, glad he won. I knew it would happen, we ALL knew he would win, and he did :)

Reaction score
This is more indicative of the way in which WWE is booked these days than anything to do with Cena. We quite often see month long reigns where the title is traded back and forth these days, which you never used to see. Personally, I wish they'd just let someone hold the title for a long period, like Cena in 2007 or JBL in 2004, so that way when someone wins the title it actually means something. Trading it around like a hot potato is beneficial to no one.

Wordlife

Reaction score
Hopefully this tweener Orton we have on Raw can take the title soon and have a good reign.

Reaction score
I'd rather see Orton get drafted for a few reasons.

Firstly, I'm going to a SmackDown! house show in June or July. :shifty:

The main reason is that he has so much momentum now. Seriously, the guy is getting massive pops and the crowd is just eating him up. Move him to SmackDown! and he can be your number one face/tweener/badass whatever. If they keep him on RAW I can't see him getting any real momentum going since he's going to be behind Cena, Batista, Tripper and Sheamus in the pecking order. A move to SmackDown! and subsequent feuds with Jericho, Punk and maybe even McIntyre would have me very excited, and would allow Orton to shine at the top of the card, which right now is what he should be doing with the way the crowd is reaction to him.

Wordlife

Reaction score
A move to SmackDown! and subsequent feuds with Jericho, Punk and maybe even McIntyre would have me very excited, and would allow Orton to shine at the top of the card, which right now is what he should be doing with the way the crowd is reaction to him.

See, this would make for a great show.

If you pit Orton vs Jericho for the title, or have Rated RKO back again, only this time as faces, that would simply make for a great show. But something tells me, and I have to agree with you there, they will swap Orton to SD, but probably for Edge.

And lucky you for seeing them a house show coming up soon :)

I'm missing SD next week in Chicago for a concert :(

Reaction score
WWE has had problems creating a long title reign. It's happening with too much frequency and saying you're a multi-time champ doesn't mean anything if you keep winning it on a monthly or weekly basis. WCW did this in 2000 and they looked even worse for doing it.

Reaction score
I could see them swapping Edge over to RAW since he's been on SmackDown! for quite awhile. Hopefully they don't because like Orton, I can see him very easily being lost in the shuffle. And I want to see him live. >_>

Who are you seeing next week?

Wordlife

Reaction score
I'm seeing Dillinger Escape Plan on Friday, and a secret Enter Shikari show next Tuesday (day of SD tapings) :D

CAN'T wait for Warped Tour this year, road tripping over to Indianapolis to see Enter Shikari (because they aren't playing Warped here in Chicago, nor are they playing at the one in WI or MI either), we got meet-n-greet VIP's. Sorry to go off topic here, I'm a huge Shikari fan.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Cena being a 9 time champion doesn't bother me much. Title reigns don't mean anything after you have already won them several times. This reign is basically just for statistics now and the number of reigns someone has, much like Edge. However Edge is in a worse position because he has a ton of short reigns and never really got a lengthy meaningful reign like Cena did. Cena doing the same thing at WM every year is getting sort of awkward. Cena celebrating with the belt last night didn't do anything for me. It has been done too much now. Just think he has been doing literally the same thing since 2005. I love Cena but let's have him do something else. I want an awesome side feud not for a belt.

As for what you guys were talking about I expect Edge moves to Raw and Orton moves to SD to feud with Jericho. An Orton vs. Jericho feud would be the SHITTT.

Wordlife

Reaction score
The only cool thing about Cena's celebration was that he went over to the fan's with the "WE HATE CENA FAN CLUB" shirts on, lol.

Reaction score
^^^That was gold! Even better were the fools pretending to not be excited he was near them.

Wordlife

Reaction score
IDC if I was a Cena fan or not, to pay like $2000 for those seats, and to have him celebrate with you or near you is once in a lifetime. Great fans we have :shifty:

Reaction score
I'm seeing Dillinger Escape Plan on Friday, and a secret Enter Shikari show next Tuesday (day of SD tapings) :D

CAN'T wait for Warped Tour this year, road tripping over to Indianapolis to see Enter Shikari (because they aren't playing Warped here in Chicago, nor are they playing at the one in WI or MI either), we got meet-n-greet VIP's. Sorry to go off topic here, I'm a huge Shikari fan.

Enter Shikari. :y:

J told me about the Warped tour, and it looked like it had a good lineup.

Cena being a 9 time champion doesn't bother me much. Title reigns don't mean anything after you have already won them several times. This reign is basically just for statistics now and the number of reigns someone has, much like Edge. However Edge is in a worse position because he has a ton of short reigns and never really got a lengthy meaningful reign like Cena did. Cena doing the same thing at WM every year is getting sort of awkward. Cena celebrating with the belt last night didn't do anything for me. It has been done too much now. Just think he has been doing literally the same thing since 2005. I love Cena but let's have him do something else. I want an awesome side feud not for a belt.

As for what you guys were talking about I expect Edge moves to Raw and Orton moves to SD to feud with Jericho. An Orton vs. Jericho feud would be the SHITTT.

Meh, I like Cena with the belt. I can see what you mean, because even if he did end up squashing Miz, he did a lot for the guy last year with their feud, but he's just the type of guy that I like being champion because he leads by example. It's kind of like saying to the guys in the back if you work this hard this is where you could end up. Plus, for mine he's also the best wrestler in the company outside of Mysterio, which never hurts.

Wordlife

Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one here who thought that the Mysterio/Punk match was a good 5 minutes short of being the match of the night? I loved it! I also prefer Cena with the belt too. It makes him have so much power, he always seemed to be a better champion than an opponent for the title anyways.

And as far as Warped goes TBKB... lol:

Enter Shikari
Bring Me The Horizon
Parkway Drive
NeverShoutNever
Four Year Strong
Story of the Year
Alkaline Trio
Alesana
Emmure
Every Time I Die
Pierce The Veil
THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN!!! :)
Sum 41
VersaEmerge
You Me At Six

Epic lineup, that's just all I WANT to see, that's about half of the bands playing that day.... insane right?