7/31/09 - UFC Conference and MLB Deadline!!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
So I'm at work waiting for the UFC Press Conference and totally hoping Fedor comes to UFC. Then I just remembered the MLB trade deadline is at 4pm EST - so hoping the Yanks get Holliday from the Blue Jays.

Thats all. Anybody else siked about todays upcoming events/deadlines?

MikeRaw

Here's a hint: If you want a player, how about spelling his fucking name right? It's Roy Halladay, not Matt Holiday. Shit man. I doubt we see Halladay get traded within the division though, and if he does, Boston is the only one with a shot. Haven't heard anything about the Yankees even offering anything. Boston offer Clay Buchholz, Justin Masterson, and 2 or 3 other prospets. I'm excited for the deadline though, hopefully for the Jays to get rid of some of the veterans.
I'm more pumped for the UFC press thing. Anyone know what time it is?

Travis40

I don't see Halladay traded at all. Toronto's asking WAYYYY too much to get Halladay for a year and a half. I really thought they had a deal with Texas last night, but the Rangers won't give up Derek Holland, and wants Toronto to pay some of Halladay's contract.

As for the Yankees, I really thought they were frontrunners for Jarrod Washburn, until Detroit got him. I keep seeing rumors that Bronson Arroyo has been traded to the Yankees, but I don't think they're true.

Nick Johnson to the Marlins looks very possible right now. The Marlins have offered Ryan Tucker and a minor leaguer.

If Boston gets Halladay, they can't get V-Mart, and Boston really needs hitting. I don't think the Sox would give up Buchholz either to get Halladay.

The Dodgers have already got George Sherrill, and I think they're done, but if they were to get Halladay, they would be my favorites to win the World Series.

If Texas were to get Halladay, they would probably be in a battle with Boston for the Wild Card, or a battle with Anaheim for the West. The Rangers need hitting, and I don't think they would be willing to give up the prospects they have.

Eventually, I think Hallladay will stay put in Toronto becuase the asking price is way too high.

Klide

(To Mikeraw) ITS TIME!(Bruce Buffer Voice) I don't watch any baseball so yeah I can't say anything about that but I'm can't wait for the UFC press conference.

Travis40

11:56am: Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle says Cabrera to the Twins is "very close." Slusser says Valencia is not part of the deal.

What does she know? She's a fucking woman....

Travis40

12:26pm: A Jayson Stark source says the asking price for Gonzalez is "astronomical, three times the asking price on Halladay."

I don't think there's going to be a Gonzalez trade. I think Boston will get V-Mart in the end.

Travis40

SnackZ

Reaction score
The less the amount of teams in the running for Roy (sp? lol) the more likely the Yanks can get him. Toronto loses leverage every time another team drops from the bidding and if they do NOT trade him now they lose like 40% of his value come the off season. Still crossing fingers!!!

CC
Aj
Roy
Joba
Andy

lol - dominating EVERYONE for the remainder of the season. I will cry if Boston gets him.

Travis40

The Yanks have no chance to get Halladay tbh. It's either Cleveland, Philly or Texas that will get Doc.

Here's the newest deals

To Minnesota:
Orlando Cabrera

To Oakland:
Tyler Ladendorf

To Detroit:
Jarrod Washburn

To Seattle:
Luke French
Mauricio Robles

To Boston:
Victor Martinez