• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

I hope you are the only one who doesn't understand for this forum's intelligence's sake. The point was very simple, if you don't believe in God, why does it bother you so much if someone thanks him for winning an award? It seems like you're just pissed at whatever God you claim to not believe in over something most of the time.
*Sigh*. Again, it's not the fact that they believe in god that bugs me. People can belive whatever the fuck they like. That's a minor part of the equation here. What I'm saying "bothers" me, is just that peopel are crediting him for good things they do. I'm not bothered in the slightest by them believing in a god. Even if I were to believe in god, it would bother me, just because I don't get why people don't take credit for themselves. It's nothing to do with if I myself believe in a god. That doesn't really matter here. In fact, lets pretend I do. That's not even relevant. All I was doing was seeing if other people notice the trent, and seeing why people thought others do this.

And for the record, i'd venture that at least half of the people who say that kind of thing, don't believe in God and just don't want to sound like assholes by thanking themselves.
Highly possible. Thatw as the whole point of this thread.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
1) I appreciate you being able to rebuttal me without going on a tangent, you stayed on topic so thats cool.

Otherwise 2) On topic, its the publicly correct thing for them to do. Not politically but publicly. Image wise. Just like with the Miss America pageant if you don't wish for World Peace your not being Miss America material to the judges. Celebrites and artists virtually HAVE to thank God whether they believe in him or not because it makes them seem likable or faithful. Even if their snorting a line of coke at the after party.

MikeRaw

1) I appreciate you being able to rebuttal me without going on a tangent, you stayed on topic so thats cool.

Otherwise 2) On topic, its the publicly correct thing for them to do. Not politically but publicly. Image wise. Just like with the Miss America pageant if you don't wish for World Peace your not being Miss America material to the judges. Celebrites and artists virtually HAVE to thank God whether they believe in him or not because it makes them seem likable or faithful. Even if their snorting a line of coke at the after party.

Perfect. Exactly what I was trying to establish. I don't care why these people do it. Whether they actually credit god in their mind, or if they're just saying it for image. People can credit whoever they want for whatever they want. It's slightly annoying to me, but I have no real issue with people who do this. So I'm not bashing anyone for doing it. I just wanted to see if others noticed it, and see if we can conclude as to why people do it. You actually answered my question. The 'image' thing seems to be a solid enough explanation. Makes sense.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Using your example, I'd assume the agent demanded he thanked god. Athlete's have big egos nowadays and i'm sure someone of this generation would love to stroke their ego. I know I would.

Thank god that all class isn't out the window. Might have something to do with his teachings methinks

edit: oh this is olde, Oh well.

LadyHotrod

I don't believe in God but I understand the way someone who does thinks. Any talent they get is a gift from God and not everyone is blessed with these talents so that is why they are thankful for it. Not everyone can act, not everyone can sing, not everyone can be an athlete. It's something they believe God gave them.