• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Sorry for the randomness of this thread. It's just something I was thinking about after a few recent conversations. I've noticed alot of people give credit to "god" for alot of good things that happen to them. Kinda annoys me. For exampe, you can watch any actor or musician, or even sports person, win an award, and they'll say something like "I'd just like to thank god, cause without him, I wouldn't be able to do this", and I think to myself 'give yourself some damn credit.' These people obviously have skills and are good at what they do, and for the most part, made their way to being succesful, yet people always credit god for making them succesful. Or, in another case, someone who has been through a hard time, such as being poor before, or formerly being a criminal, and they'll credit god for getting them through it, and say they wouldn't have been able to make it through the tough times if it wasn't for him. Again, I think to myself 'give yourself some credit. You hung in there and found a way to straighten out your life', yet these people just continue to hand out credit. Oh, not to mention, when something goes bad, it's always an actual persons fault.
Anyway, does this annoy anyone? Kinda random, but I've just noticed it alot lately. People need to give themselves some credit.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
If you're really religious or God-conscious, chances are you feel that you're given everything you have and the strength to pull through anything or achieve anything through God. Singers feel like God gave them a voice that people love and hence thank God for that. Athletes feel like God gave them the ability to be athletic and God gave them the patience to study their craft so they thank God.

And in most cases, it's because they've always heard that you should thank God for your blessings.

MikeRaw

If you're really religious or God-conscious, chances are you feel that you're given everything you have and the strength to pull through anything or achieve anything through God. Singers feel like God gave them a voice that people love and hence thank God for that. Athletes feel like God gave them the ability to be athletic and God gave them the patience to study their craft so they thank God.

And in most cases, it's because they've always heard that you should thank God for your blessings.

Yeah, and that logic just annoys me.:bomb:

the dark knight

it doesn't annoy me when they thank god for winning. it annoys me when they dont curse the fuck out of him when they lose.

however i understand why they thank him. its that feeling they have that "god" is helping them that gives them enough confidence to do what they do best.

edit-

its kinda like when parents take all the credit when their son gets good grades and then blame everyone else but themselves when something bad happens to him or when he finishes off one of his classmates with a fatality.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
i'd like to thank god for cancers and tumors, WW2 and Hitler, pedo-priests and whatever else wrong happened or happen in the world.
for being the supreme good he is pretty evil, or maybe Satan kicked his ass and took his place.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
My wife's Grandma did something similar. She wasn't religious at all, and she almost died from kidney failure. They gave her a transplant and she says God saved her life, but the only thing the doctors did was cause her pain (because of the pain after the operation). Now she says that if you have God, you don't need doctors. Lol.

the dark knight

^^LOL i tell those people "if you so believe god can cure you stay the fuck home and dont go to a hospital in the first place"

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I feel that this quote sums things up nicely.

"Interesting to me is the relentless gratitude to God. Because I, myself, believe in God, right, but I kinda think it's a complex idea, God, you know? And if there is an omnipotent, omniscient being controlling all, from the infinitesimally small to the inconceivably large, I don't reckon he cares what happens at the MTV VMA awards."

the dark knight

^^LOL i tell those people "if you so believe god can cure you stay the fuck home and dont go to a hospital in the first place"
i just said that to my mom and dad 5 minutes ago. not exactly though, didn't say fuck.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Sorry for the randomness of this thread. It's just something I was thinking about after a few recent conversations. I've noticed alot of people give credit to "god" for alot of good things that happen to them. Kinda annoys me. For exampe, you can watch any actor or musician, or even sports person, win an award, and they'll say something like "I'd just like to thank god, cause without him, I wouldn't be able to do this", and I think to myself 'give yourself some damn credit.' These people obviously have skills and are good at what they do, and for the most part, made their way to being succesful, yet people always credit god for making them succesful. Or, in another case, someone who has been through a hard time, such as being poor before, or formerly being a criminal, and they'll credit god for getting them through it, and say they wouldn't have been able to make it through the tough times if it wasn't for him. Again, I think to myself 'give yourself some credit. You hung in there and found a way to straighten out your life', yet these people just continue to hand out credit. Oh, not to mention, when something goes bad, it's always an actual persons fault.
Anyway, does this annoy anyone? Kinda random, but I've just noticed it alot lately. People need to give themselves some credit.

I know you're not a religious person or anything, but its kind of rude to be pissed off at people who believe in something other than themselves and want to thank what they think has brought them this far.

You've said before you respect other peoples beliefs so long as they don't shove their religion down your throat. So why you do you feel the need to nitpick religious people having a little gratitude towards their faith? Especially since we've rehashed this whole religion argument like beating a dead horse with atomic bombs.

I won't go so far as to say your being slightly unfair for not expecting me to talk religion to you while you can go ahead and attack it to your hearts content. But these threads are getting to that point. We (we as in anyone but C4) get it. You don't like religion. We haven't made a thread praising it or talking about how great it is in a long time. So why still the constant hate?

MikeRaw

I know you're not a religious person or anything, but its kind of rude to be pissed off at people who believe in something other than themselves and want to thank what they think has brought them this far.

You've said before you respect other peoples beliefs so long as they don't shove their religion down your throat. So why you do you feel the need to nitpick religious people having a little gratitude towards their faith? Especially since we've rehashed this whole religion argument like beating a dead horse with atomic bombs.

I won't go so far as to say your being slightly unfair for not expecting me to talk religion to you while you can go ahead and attack it to your hearts content. But these threads are getting to that point. We (we as in anyone but C4) get it. You don't like religion. We haven't made a thread praising it or talking about how great it is in a long time. So why still the constant hate?

But I would never say this to someone if they did it infront of me. If someone says "I'd like to thank god for making me succesful" I wouldn't go on this rant to them. I have more respect than that. But seeing as no one on here has said it, I figured I'd just point it out, and say I think it's weird that people refuse to take credit for their own well-doings. This thread isn't even THAT much about religion. Hell, half the people who say it (even some friends or family of mine who say it) aren't even really religious, and say that kind of thing. It's more just me wondering why peopel don't give themselves some more credit for good things they do.

Hometown Kid

Mikeraw, if you're ever at an award show when someone says they thank God please tell them personally "You have the talent, You did it! God doesn't exist! Hahahaha!!!". >_> I thought atheists weren't supposed to believe in God anyway so it wouldn't matter. The way you talk sometimes seems like you do believe in him and are just pissed at him like a 'tard and whine about whenever Christianity in general is mentioned around you. Although there are more like that, it generally just makes you look bad going about things that way, or maybe not, people react different to different things. But the amount of hate in general is pretty ridiculous. People need to be 'right' too much.

And obviously God exists, because with people like Britney Spears and Manson running around selling millions and winning awards, there's no other explanation in my view. >_>

MikeRaw

Mikeraw, if you're ever at an award show when someone says they thank God please tell them personally "You have the talent, You did it! God doesn't exist! Hahahaha!!!". >_> I thought atheists weren't supposed to believe in God anyway so it wouldn't matter. The way you talk sometimes seems like you do believe in him and are just pissed at him like a 'tard and whine about whenever Christianity in general is mentioned around you. Although there are more like that, it generally just makes you look bad going about things that way, or maybe not, people react different to different things. But the amount of hate in general is pretty ridiculous. People need to be 'right' too much.

And obviously God exists, because with people like Britney Spears and Manson running around selling millions and winning awards, there's no other explanation in my view. >_>
I can't be the only one who doesn't understand that. Are you sure you understand that?
I have no desire to debate whether or not god exists. Most people know I don't believe in that, but that's not even really relevant. Doesn't even matter here. I'm just wondering why people who do believe in god credit him for everything good.

Hometown Kid

I can't be the only one who doesn't understand that. Are you sure you understand that?
I have no desire to debate whether or not god exists. Most people know I don't believe in that, but that's not even really relevant. Doesn't even matter here. I'm just wondering why people who do believe in god credit him for everything good.

I hope you are the only one who doesn't understand for this forum's intelligence's sake. The point was very simple, if you don't believe in God, why does it bother you so much if someone thanks him for winning an award? It seems like you're just pissed at whatever God you claim to not believe in over something most of the time.

And for the record, i'd venture that at least half of the people who say that kind of thing, don't believe in God and just don't want to sound like assholes by thanking themselves.