5/27 Impact Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr Eric Eric

Reaction score
What confuses me is, TNA KNOWS that the Knockouts is a huge draw. They know that from before, as they experienced a increase in ratings when the KO division was at its best.

/rant

This is actually not true.
A couple matches between Kim and Kong when the knockouts division first started, since then the only "draws" are The Beautiful People and Angelina Love.
And recently they haven't been "drawing" ratings.
A matter of fact Madison Rayne had a match on May 20th without the other 2 members of TBP with her and that match drew the second lowest quarter hour rating.

So to answer your question about why hasn't the knockouts been used much, it's because Bischoff knows they don't "draw" ratings besides TBP/Love and they are losing their ratings appeal.

But the reason they are still their in TNA is because of Dixie Carter (I've read and listened to interviews)

Tobe__

Reaction score
This is actually not true.
A couple matches between Kim and Kong when the knockouts division first started, since then the only "draws" are The Beautiful People and Angelina Love.
And recently they haven't been "drawing" ratings.
A matter of fact Madison Rayne had a match on May 20th without the other 2 members of TBP with her and that match drew the second lowest quarter hour rating.

So to answer your question about why hasn't the knockouts been used much, it's because Bischoff knows they don't "draw" ratings besides TBP/Love and they are losing their ratings appeal.

But the reason they are still their in TNA is because of Dixie Carter (I've read and listened to interviews)

Im sorry, but what?
There were Knockouts before Gail/Kong, but it really kick started when the KO title was brought in, and when they hired a lot of new talent. I remember the KO segments being one of the highest rated segments back then, when Gail Kim and Kong had one of the best (if not THE best) female feuds going on in wrestling. Back when the KO matches were exciting, and actually showcased their talent. Remember Gail Kim vs Jackie at Lockdown? Awesome stuff. The KO division really took a huge blow when Gail left, but that doesnt mean the rest of the division dont know wtf they are doing. ODB was majorly over with the crowd. So was (and still is) TBP, especially when Angelina was still in there. Taylor Wilde had successful runs with the KO title, and her feud with Kong was also good (though not as good as Gail/Kong). Women like Hamada, Daffney and Alissa Flash has so much talent, yet TNA doesnt seem to know how to utilize it. Its not really rocket science, all it takes is to come up with a decent feud, and let them go at it. Hamada/Flash could've been feud of the year if treated right. Guess we'll never know that now.

Of course they dont draw ratings nowadays, mainly because there are almost no one left, and there arent any good feuds going on. Sure, we get to see TBP's asses on tv every week, but is that enough to build a division on? No, of course not. TNA has dropped the ball on the entire division, and it really shows that they dont care anymore.

Mr Eric Eric

Reaction score
I remember the KO segments being one of the highest rated segments back then, when Gail Kim and Kong had one of the best (if not THE best) female feuds going on in wrestling.

I'll address this again. But the rest of your post was opinion, so I'm not going to address an opinion.

I said in my post above that a couple Kong vs Kim matches drew a high rating back when the division was new but ever since then nobody in the division other than TBP and Love have drawn high ratings. Every time TNA tries knockouts segment without TBP or Love involved it bombs in the ratings.
Basically nobody cares about the knockouts except TBP and Love (and they too are showing signs of losing their ratings appeal).