4th Bourne Film being written - The Bourne Legacy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Universal Pictures announced today that Tony Gilroy is returning to write the script for The Bourne Legacy, the fourth installment in the Jason Bourne franchise. Gilroy is also writing a "franchise bible." He penned The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum.

Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are also back to produce alongside Captivate Entertainment's Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith.

While "The Bourne Legacy" is a book written by Eric Lustabader in Robert Ludlum's "Bourne" series, the film will not be based on it.

Matt Damon has gone on record that he wouldn't reprise the role if director Paul Greengrass is not returning. We'll have to wait and see if this announcement changes Damon's mind.

I am a huge fan of the Bourne series and am very happy to read that they are writing a script for a fourth film and that they are using the same screenwriter for some consistency.

The big question is whether or not Matt Damon will return as Bourne. For me their is no point having another Bourne film and not including Damon. He makes Bourne great. If I was the studio I would sign Greengrass right away to get Damon on board as he is Bourne and he is money.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
i personally don't like the bourne films so this one flys over the top for me,

but i was wandering i thought the 3rd film was written to be the last? i havnt seen any so i have no clue!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well the author that wrote the books that the movies were based on only wrote three novels and died in 2001 so that was it for the series. However another author Eric Van Lustbander has written five follow up novels, with the permission of Robert Ludlum's estate, that continue on from the storyline that Robert Ludlum had. His first of these books is called The Bourne Legacy so it seems like they will be loosely basing the movies on his books now.

Eventually this could turn into a James Bond type franchise. With the originals based on an author's work in this case Ludlum in Bond's case Ian Fleming. Then the rest of the movies just follow a similar theme and could possibly have different actors portraying Bourne like what happens with Bond.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
Oh my God! Seriously! I love the Bourne series and if this comes out when I am off, I am going to watch in about 6 times in a day! If they do this in 3D it would be quite good, not like jumping out 3D, but sort of Avatar style make things look crisper and only certain things jump out like an explosion or stray bullets. I might just be dreaming about how good it will be because if it comes out in 3D it would make alot more money and it would be alot more awesome. If they don't get Matt Demon though they better not realise the film, it just won't be the same really, having three movies with him and then changing to someone else. It's like getting Mr T to play Frodo. Actually that might would be interesting (I bitty the fool who tries to steal the ring) .........

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would rather them not use 3D. I don't like the 3D concept and I don't think that it works for action films anyway. It is a bit crisper but otherwise it is a bit gimmicky for me. I like my movies to be on the screen and thats it, it makes much more sense that way. I have incredibly high expectations for it as well but only if Damon is back.

Do you agree though that it could potentially turn into a Bond type franchise with different guys playing Bourne?

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Well it wouldn't suprise me if they used the Bourne to become the new "Bond" because as the the first movies showed there is a lot of money to be earned, i just hope 2 things don't happen, They don't use matt damon after this sequel I'm a big Matt Damon Hater along with Ben affleck they both annoy me lots! And 2nd don't ever use 3-D until 3-D actually becomes good, I wasted money watching clash of the titans and thats 2 hours i can't get back!

Now i don't even like bourne so i can't comment to much but i agree with Troy!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I completely agree with your second point, 3D is a waste of money. 3D isn't worth the extra money to go watch it at the cinema, if there was a choice between 3D and 2D I would always go to the 2D because it simply isn't worth it. The first point I completely disagree since I am a huge Damon fan but we can agree to disagree.

There is a lot of money to be made and as long as they can find the right scripts and eventually the right person to replace Bourne they will do well.