3rd Annual WWEF Fantasy League Thread- League Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm not sure rebuilding is what they need, they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.. perhaps get a couple extra D-Line and a WR that can run routes in the slot well..

I'm happy though in my big money league I had Tate vs B-Marsh and Tate ended up with double Marshall's points.. now all I gotta worry about essentially is DeMarco Murray and Aaron Rodgers cuz other than those 3 his team is mediocre at best.

Ooops, wrong thread. :urm:

I'm done in both leagues so won't bother commenting on the bottom part, lol.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Good luck this week, man. These losing streaks are really rough, but nobody except GN82 and possibly Bill Clinton has any faith in their team in this league either haha. At least you're winning cl... you were last year, too. Fuck.
Yep, my team of Kenny Stills and Dan Herron.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
So.. advice...

Julius Thomas is questionable this week after being out last week... I have Coby Fleener and Heath Miller as back ups.. I'm not starting Miller as they are playing NO and Big Ben is going to burn them with the WRs and the running game.. so there will be no need for the TE.. I currently have Fleener started because I believe he will have a decent day against a weak WAS DEF... so my question is...

Should I keep Fleener as my starter or start Julius Thomas and take a risk that he will be in playing shape tonight?

Leaning toward Fleener... I have until 1pm EST to decide.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So.. advice...

Julius Thomas is questionable this week after being out last week... I have Coby Fleener and Heath Miller as back ups.. I'm not starting Miller as they are playing NO and Big Ben is going to burn them with the WRs and the running game.. so there will be no need for the TE.. I currently have Fleener started because I believe he will have a decent day against a weak WAS DEF... so my question is...

Should I keep Fleener as my starter or start Julius Thomas and take a risk that he will be in playing shape tonight?

I'd probably go with Fleener. Better to rack up 6-12 points rather than have a big ass zero on the scorecard

Reactions: Just Kevin

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If you "plan" on playing Thomas you need to find a TE who you can use if he suddenly doesn't play.. either another Bronco (tamme), Chief or someone from the MNF game.

I think it is safe to assume JT is limited if he does play. Fleener is a good option, Allen is still out, right? I'd play Fleener.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going with Fleener.. thanks for the responses guys.

GN's team has had a few weak performances thus far while I've had a couple strong ones.. I'm now favored by 47 (as if that matters lol)... but I feel like I'm going to (knock on wood) pull out a victory and make it into the playoffs.. feeling good about this week!

Snowman1

Reaction score
So.. advice...

Tamme's on the waiver wire, I'd pick him up and roll with whichever Broncos' TE plays.

TE is just one big ass dartboard anyway, so roll with the one that has Peyton Manning throwing the darts

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Tamme's on the waiver wire, I'd pick him up and roll with whichever Broncos' TE plays.

TE is just one big ass dartboard anyway, so roll with the one that has Peyton Manning throwing the darts
Your thought process is correct, but Denver isn't using Tamme much when JT is out. He played like 40% of the snaps last week with one target. Denver actually started Virgin Green, blocking TE, last week in Thomas' absence.

Fleener on the other hand has a tasty matchup against a team in disarray, a QB who loves to target him and opportunity with Allen out.

I'd say it goes like this:

1.) Thomas- if he plays he is the best bet, but he hasn't practiced so you have a less than (made up number time) 40% chance or so that he plays
2.) Fleener- safest play by far. Put him in now and expect at least 8-12 points with TD potential
3.) Tamme- you roll the dice on Thomas, who sits, and now you are stuck with Tamme who does nothing

so you go boom or bust or you just play it safe with Fleener. Easy call. If say a guy like Jace Amaro were available (he is, but he isn't playing MNF w/ concussion) you might roll the dice on Thomas because you have a less dicey backup plan... but as it stands, Tamme being the only safety net.. you gotta go Fleener.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Your thought process is correct, but Denver isn't using Tamme much when JT is out. He played like 40% of the snaps last week with one target. Denver actually started Virgin Green, blocking TE, last week in Thomas' absence.

Fleener on the other hand has a tasty matchup against a team in disarray, a QB who loves to target him and opportunity with Allen out.

I'd say it goes like this:

1.) Thomas- if he plays he is the best bet, but he hasn't practiced so you have a less than (made up number time) 40% chance or so that he plays
2.) Fleener- safest play by far. Put him in now and expect at least 8-12 points with TD potential
3.) Tamme- you roll the dice on Thomas, who sits, and now you are stuck with Tamme who does nothing

so you go boom or bust or you just play it safe with Fleener. Easy call. If say a guy like Jace Amaro were available (he is, but he isn't playing MNF w/ concussion) you might roll the dice on Thomas because you have a less dicey backup plan... but as it stands, Tamme being the only safety net.. you gotta go Fleener.

Oh, I thought Allen was playing this week.

Never mind, Fleener for sure.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
eb4b2296ec3745c688bf95926f2ea457._.png
339a8d33ff1c0df2b8f4bd54dc134bee._.png

Random post: Just realized Dwayne Allen could be Mo Speights' doppleganger

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah I mean with Dwayne Allen out I too would go with Fleener as the safest bet.. Denver is a lock for the playoffs so I see them giving Julius a bit more time to heal up fully.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Nothing like going up against Good Flacco in a fantasy league when you need your fantasy and IRL teams to win. :facepalm1:

Urm... yeah... Kevin... I totally meant you should start Fleenor... all along... :urm: