37 vs 92

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better Tag Champs

• Billy and Chuck

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wild Samoans

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Billy and Chuck
493148.jpg

Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo won the titles on the February 21st 2002 Smackdown from Spike and Tazz. They lost the titles to Rico and Rikishi on May 19th 2002 at Judgment Day. They won them back in an elimination match on the June 6th 2002 Smackdown. They lost the titles to Edge and Hulk Hogan on the July 4th 2002 Smackdown.

Wild Samoans
wild_samoans.jpg

Afa and Sika won the tag titles on April 12th 1980 in Philadelphia, PA from Putski and Santana. They lost the titles at Showdown at Shea on August 9th 1980 to Backlund and Morales. They won their second titles on The September 9th 1980 Championship Wrestling in a Tournament Final over Tony Garea and Rene Goulet. They lost the titles to Garea and Rick Martel on November 8th 1980 in Philadelphia, PA. They won their third titles On the March 8th 1983 Championship Wrestling from The Strongbows. They lost the titles to Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson on the November 15th 1983 Championship Wrestling.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
So tough but I went Billy & Chuck here. I really enjoyed them as a team and I remember them quite well.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I wasn't born yet when the Wild Samoans were around so I haven't seen any of their work but I recognize them and I know who they are. I remember Billy & Chuck and their tenure well, and even though they're memorable and had a couple runs with the Tag Team Championships, they won't be going down as one of the greatest tandems by any means. When Billy Gunn goes into the Hall of Fame, it'll likely be by himself or alongside Road Dogg as the New Age Outlaws, not alongside Chuck Palumbo, who will likely never go into the Hall of Fame.

The Wild Samoans on the other hand have won 21 tag team championships around the world, and are part of the 2007 Class in the WWE Hall of Fame. Not to mention they're part of the legendary A'noia family. That last accolade doesn't have anything to do with how well they worked as a tag team, I just felt it was worth noting.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The best thing about Billy and Chuck was that entertaining wedding angle on smackdown, apart from that they were terrible. Wild Samoans get my vote.