3 Years Since The Next Big Thing..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar is a man who receives mixed views when mentioned in the wrestling world and the "Next Big Thing" as he was not so long ago known as by the WWE, should now be known as "the biggest investment to blow up in Vinces's face."

It has been 3 years since Lesnar's shock departure, and I would like to hear your opinions on him.

Personally I still believe Brock was one of the best in ring performers ever in the industry even though his career was basically 2 years on tv, and I think he is without question the best monster heel ever.

In ring I think he was a very good technical wrestler with freakish strength, a very good look (for a heel) who was quick and had some very innovative power moves. I also think he showed the ability to carry his weight in big matches even though he was a rookie.

Now, I agree his rise to the top was too quick being as he achieved more in his 2 year career than 98% of the WWE hall of fame did in their 20 year careers, but I could respect that Vince saw awesome potential and wanted to build a star for the future who already had the in ring ability to be at the top.

I would love to see Lesnar return one day but I cant see it happening. So what do you think about Lesnar in ring, did he deserve to be so quickly pushed, do you rate him as one of the best heels ever and would you like to see him return?

The_Enforcer86

Reaction score
Didn't think he shouldn't have been pushed hard. He was a good wrestler but kinda stiff on the mic. IMO the best heel ever is Vince McMahon. Now Brock is trying MMA.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
well for what he did, they could not deny him such an hard push... i mean in 2002 on PPV he did a lot of 4 star matches, in 2003 his feud with Angle was great... too bad he lost passion for the business and probably never liked it.
i was never a big fan of him but the guy was probably the most talented rookie i've seen in wrestling, average on the mic but could have improved, now i kinda miss him, i would be glad to see him back

Nation

Yes i would definately like him to come back and yes he is the best monster heel. But more importantly one of the greatest WWE Champions. If anything he should have been pushed harder.

Oasis

Reaction score
Yeah I'd love him to come back because he was a great heel and could still put on good matches(his match with Angle in Japan). Although I don't think anybody deserves a push like he got....

S0LD1ER

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ryback2
at the time i never really liked him but since hes left i relize the impact he had there and yeah i wish he would come back

xtremebadass

Brock Lesnar is the one guy I miss the most, he was so young with so much potential, he could have been the next Hogan, if he was still there, there would be no Batista or Lashley, he was something else man, hope I can see him in WWE one more time.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i never like him that much but he was an amazing athelete and a great monster heel. if he stayed in the wwe for longer it would have been great for everyone. now that he couldnt make it in the nfl and since he probably wont do shit in mma he may come back to wrestling but its a slim chance. id like to see it tho.

Reaction score
yeah i would love to see him back.That guy used to manhandle the big show.He had more explosive strength than lashley.He was an awesome power heel.But i saw the match he had with angle in japan,he's not that big anymore,i don't know if he came back he would have the same impact.Besides the way he turned his back on the company if he came back to wwe,it's unlikely he would get a big push again.

Famou$ 187

Sadly we will probably never see Lesner again.Which is bad because a Lesner vs Batista vs Lashley would b awesome.