3 Wrestlers You May Get Bashed for Liking

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Kane . . . it's socialy accaptable to like Masked Kane, as the years went on the okness plummeted, he continued to be my all time favorite long after that. Same goes for his TNA counterpart Abyss

Baron Corbin . . . he's not great yet, but if he lives up to his character's potential ever, it will be cool to be a lone wolf fan, I'm ahead of the curve.

Molly Holly, the eternal bridesmade of female pro wrestling, over shadowed for not being over the top but I really liked her.

Ring wise, I think he (Baron) has proved his skills and is great right now and this past SmackDown showed that. I don't think you would get bashed for not liking him just yet though.

Seafort

Jobber
Reaction score
Okay, here's a few:

JWF-1291.jpg

latest

bastion-booger.jpg

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Masked Kane, he's my favorite ever.
Rikishi. Maybe people like him more than I think? Not sure..
Christian, but I think I'd only get bashed for liking him more than Edge. Speaking of Edge... to the other thread I go.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Masked
Rikishi. Maybe people like him more than I think? Not sure..
Christian, but I think I'd only get bashed for liking him more than Edge. Speaking of Edge... to the other thread I go.

I love Rikishi. He was always fun to watch and a good wrestler. Christian is in my top five favorites of all time. I do like him much more than Edge so you're not alone in either one.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I love Rikishi. He was always fun to watch and a good wrestler. Christian is in my top five favorites of all time. I do like him much more than Edge so you're not alone in either one.

I remember watching the 2000 Royal Rumble and loving the dominance by Rikishi at the start, it was so intense when Viscera came out.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I remember watching the 2000 Royal Rumble and loving the dominance by Rikishi at the start, it was so intense when Viscera came out.

That was the first Rumble I watched on tape after my wrestling hiatus. It was largely due to Rikishi in that match that I really got interested in wrestling again.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Jericho a year or so ago, Ziggler forever, Ryder the day after WM, and Scott Hall.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
With total props to @WholeFN'Moe, I decided to do the opposite of his thread. I don't often get bashed for wrestlers I don't like as much as I get bashed for wrestlers I DO like. So let's do a mirror of his thread, while giving him the credit for the original idea.

Sorry for the late reply...

Totally agree with you on Double J AND Ric Flair by the way.

I was just watching Ric the other day & it's crazy how talented he was in the ring psychology wise... and then after that he gets on the mic without any stupid script or notes on his wrist & cuts the most amazing promo anyone ever cut, every single time. Dude use to wrestle 2 hour matches!! Like more than once a week!! I can't see many doing that, especially today. He was and forever will be a contender for the greatest professional wrestler of all time as far as I'm concerned.

To me his big gold belt is THE belt... the most prestigious belt in history, it's been everywhere, it's beautiful and all of the best held that title.... And that was Ric Flair's belt. He is THE champion and although I don't completely despise Cena... I really hate how they just mowed over his 16 wins. He's totally underrated just because he got old and messed up some stupid lines on a WWE script. Maybe don't give him a stupid script how about that? Do they even know who he is? lol.... I think a few people forgot & need to go study.

Even if he would have messed up without the script, give him a break, he's old and that's CLEARLY the only reason why, it tends to happen, old age. People are so disrespectful it's sickening. I will still watch Ric Flair all day long over 97% of the roster any ol day of the week and he has the right to stick around as long as he wants.

I think Double J gets alot of flack for the way he booked himself but that doesn't mean he wasn't talented. You just have to be somebody with a pair of eyes to see that and that knows what they're talking about. Draw or not... I have eyes and look at his talent. To me it's just the fanbase they were targeting at the time. Just like the WWE fanbase right now... they're all kids. Do you really listen to their opinions on who a good Professional Wrestler is? No, because they just cheer for who ever the good guy is.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

My answer however:

Sheamus:

I really think his booking has been terrible which is why he gets all the hate but that dude is a rough guy that I would never say looked stupid to his face lol... yet super talented. I'm a HUGE Sheamus fan and I don't care what anybody says. I really wish they would have kept booking him strong, they did so well with making him an actual star with a character when he debuted. Although I'm loving his run with Cesaro, I hope those 2 stay together for longer than usual & then he gets put in the main event scene again as a dominating heel and not a goofy heel. He's one of the few guys that can pull off heel or face. I really hope they aren't just saving him in order to feed him to Roman.

CM Punk:

Because I don't boo just because everybody else boos. I don't cheer who everyone else cheers. I don't bandwagon and I love CM Punk. Do I agree with EVERYTHING he said or did? ..No but I certainly agree with most of it, more than any other wrestler WWE has ever produced. I don't agree with Stone Cold Steve Austin roughing up his wife but I'm still a fan of his work... I cried as a child when I found out Hogan did roids but I'm still a Hulkamaniac... people aren't perfect. Cm Punk didn't even do very much that I disagree with but when a celebrity does do one small thing wrong, people like to jump on it and magnify it times a million. Think about what he really did? Is he REALLY the worst guy in the entire world? ...Think about that guy, he's not a liar. Nobody has ever done what he's done, and that's speak up. He's a goal driven motherfckr and that's why he stepped in the UFC with the best right off the bat, anyone who says any different are blind. How are people all of the sudden taking Vince McMahon's side? Do you even know who you're talking about? lol... it's really astounding. The guy tried to make wrestling the most entertaining it has been in 15 years and called them out to their stupid faces on national TV by telling them all of their storylines were crap and they just stood there like idiots & let him because he convinced them it was part of his act lol. So what he tried to get to the top and said he was the best... who doesn't? AND HE WAS THE BEST FFS.... He never "complained" for himself (like it's bad to complain about WWE ffs don't do that w,e you do) he was always "complaining" about the crappy product for the last 15 years and he was right. He always stood up for guys that deserved a push and didn't get it because ONE guy shouldn't be the only star on the show. Go back and listen to some of the promos he cut. You never found out later this guy did steroids, beat his wife or sold out by taking some ridiculous goat comedy gimmick, you won't catch him doing drugs later on. He always says what's in his heart whether it's the popular opinion or not. So do I and CM Punk is the best in the fckng world.

Charlotte:

Maybe she got her push because of her dad but that's fine by me because she might be the most athletic female wrestler I've ever seen. She's got that natural charisma that her dad had but messes up scripts because she shouldn't be given a stupid script in the first place. Just like her dad. I'm not sure where the whole looks like a man thing came from... maybe because she's fit or because she resembles her dad and we've been watching her dad forever so it's engraved in our mines, but it's not like she's Nicole Bass. I really think she's a pretty girl and has a nice body... might have some muscular arms but w,e... puny, little boys complaining because her arms are bigger than their legs. All of the sudden people seem to slowly be switching sides from fans of Sasha to fans of Charlotte because once again, the targeting audience for WWE are bandwagon fans. Same fans that all said AJ Styles was overrated when he was in TNA but now he's the best in the world. Sasha isn't terrible but I never thought she was the best, yet people will crap all over her now because that's what they do. Same as I couldn't stand Paige, ever, she's an immature, overrated child and always has been and now people are seeing that but I use to get bashed for saying she wasn't talented.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Unmasked Kane, he was my favorite as a child, but remasked Kane just seemed so lame to me. When he did that half corporate half masked thing, I loved it

Roman Reigns, like, come on guys, he's not that bad. He's got a great look, a great spear, and his mic skills are improving a lot (even though they're still not up to par). Not to mention, I mark whenever he hits a big guy with like, 5 Superman punches in a row

Boogeyman, sure he wasn't the best thing in WWE, but he was pretty entertaining. Maybe this is just because I made him my World Heavyweight Champion in SvR 2007 GM mode for months, but Boogeyman definitely has my nostalgia

Reactions: liverose

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Santino had some moments that I liked a lot (RR, EC).
R-Truth when he was fighting at Capitol Punishment for the WWE Championship was something I enjoyed.
and last would probably be Reigns. He has no type of personality but he improved a lot and his matches aren't that bad most times. If he could talk on the mic, I feel most people would like him.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Santino had some moments that I liked a lot (RR, EC).
R-Truth when he was fighting at Capitol Punishment for the WWE Championship was something I enjoyed.
and last would probably be Reigns. He has no type of personality but he improved a lot and his matches aren't that bad most times. If he could talk on the mic, I feel most people would like him.

I'm with ya on Roman, dude. I like Roman, honestly. And you're right about him improving a lot, he did improve a lot ever since he won the Rumble in 2015.

Also, as for his mic skills, if he didn't come off as if he was reading lines off the script, I'm sure most of the WWE Universe would warm up to him.

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
My list of superstars that I get bashed for liking goes as follows, but not in any particular order.

Number 1: The Vaudevillians

I don't know why my friends despise Aiden and Simon so much. I really don't. To me, they have one of the coolest gimmicks to ever grace the wrestling world. They're pretty good wrestlers and they play excellent heels (plus I heard they're really cool to be around, so that's a plus). I'm all like "What's not to love?".

Number 2: The Ascension

I don't know what it is with my friends hating tag teams, but they truly despise the Ascension and probably question our friendship for me liking them. I really liked em in NXT (same as the V. Villains) and got sad when they got buried by JBL (though I love JBL). I think that their gimmick is solid and really works...obviously others do not.

Number 3: Eva Marie

Now say what you want about old Eva, but I respect that she is actually trying down in NXT. Sure she's not the greatest, not even that good really, but the fact that she does try her best makes me want her to succeed. She's an underdog man, I gotta route for her.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Number 1: The Vaudevillians
Dude...the Vaudevillians have some slick moves and a cool gimmick...Nice work...
Number 3: Eva Marie
I got to be honest...I like Eva to...but not because she's trying...or even because
she's sexy...its because no matter what anyone says...she don't give a fuck...
And I respect her for that.