• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

2K17 league ideas and changes

Who would you prefer run the 2K17 league based on the ideas you've seen in this thread?

• Emo

• Jet Starr

• I just want to see the votes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Borton

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Also, bringing in the women's division won't work, and I honestly doubt you would make it work, Jet, if you're running the league. I feel like most people only care about their MAIN CAWs which are males, so don't know why would you think that shiz will work. Sure maybe like 4 people will do that shit but that's less than the majority of the league. Pretty much the same thing for the tag team division (don't know if either of you said you're bringing back the tag team division but I skimmed the whole first page and only saw things that caught my eye)

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
I don't think the league should have two GMs. It will cause arguments since clearly both men have their own ideas. Plus it never worked for the PS league in the past. I think picking one GM is the best thing Yellow can do.
Well, Admin and JD Grayson did a good job at the end of 2k14... The last two PPV's were awesome and they handled things pretty damn well, but the last PPV being good maybe because we had Fusion edit it and make it a proper PPV like the stuff that FAM does, except not that good (No disrespect to Fusion, but FAM is just the king of WWE Video Game PPV's) So, 2 GM's would work depending on how mature the GM's are. Like, Admin and JD were fine because they were both responsible but the Admin and Harrison combo and Gino and Electro combo didn't work because there wasn't enough team work or they had personal problems with members (Harrison suspended me for calling him a dick head FFS, and even Admin admitted at one point that he was just singling me out since 90% of the league were arguing all the time and I was the only one getting punished for it. And Gino and Indy had that whole thing happen, lol, it was dramatic to say the least) So if EMO and Jet don't let any personal beefs with members cloud their judgement and they work together on everything and not for their own gain, then there's no reason that it wouldn't work. Just be mature enough to compromise when you can't agree and work out an alternative that you both can agree to.

Just giving my 2 pennies (I'm not american) on the situation, and you're welcome.

Welsh Boy Wiz, out.

SupaHeeroh

The man with the rear that makes the girls cheer!
Reaction score
@SupaHeeroh

Who will it be then? We're basically in the last week of the league now
I don't prefer one person's ideas so i've added a poll to this thread to see other peoples opinions. I'm gunna put both names forward and a higher up can make the decision. I'm sure the poll will help, but I dont think the sole choice should be down to me just because im GM now.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Voted for Jet Starr since he really does seem to want the job. He's also one of the longest serving league members (Think he was apart of the league before TWF)

I think he deserves it a little more at this point, and he could really bring in some good change. He also seems like he wants to run it long term which is what we need. Emo also has good ideas, but I feel like Jet deserves it because of his commitment to the Xbox league. Would be happy to see Jet Starr taking over

Emo, don't think I don't like your ideas since I do like them a lot, but I just feel like Jet Starr is the man to run the league. You're one of the better candidates that Yellow could have picked, and I really would've voted for you if it was anyone else.

I just want to see a permanent GM to run this place because I firmly believe that makes a league great. I'm also here to help any of you if you need it since the two GMs should work together, and that's another reason why I voted for Jet Starr since we work together very well. Good luck to you both though.

@Emo @Jet Starr

I say fight for your place if you want to fight for it. Tell us why you would make a better GM. (No arguments though.....That would make you both look bad)

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
Voted for Jet Starr since he really does seem to want the job. He's also one of the longest serving league members (Think he was apart of the league before TWF)

I think he deserves it a little more at this point, and he could really bring in some good change. He also seems like he wants to run it long term which is what we need. Emo also has good ideas, but I feel like Jet deserves it because of his commitment to the Xbox league. Would be happy to see Jet Starr taking over

Emo, don't think I don't like your ideas since I do like them a lot, but I just feel like Jet Starr is the man to run the league. You're one of the better candidates that Yellow could have picked, and I really would've voted for you if it was anyone else.

I just want to see a permanent GM to run this place because I firmly believe that makes a league great. I'm also here to help any of you if you need it since the two GMs should work together, and that's another reason why I voted for Jet Starr since we work together very well. Good luck to you both though.

@Emo @Jet Starr

I say fight for your place if you want to fight for it. Tell us why you would make a better GM. (No fighting though.....That would make you both look bad)
I have to say, there was a part of this post that kinda struck a nerve with me. Ever since I joined the league I have worked my hardest to help provide stories (whether they involve me or not) that could actually be seen on a real wrestling show, I have pitched multiple ideas to make this league better and more interesting, and I have made sure to show up each and every week to play my role. Though those first two could also apply to Jet, that last one does not. Once we moved over to this forum, Jet began to actually show a lack of commitment, juggling between characters and disappearing from the league for multiple weeks at a time, meanwhile I was here cutting promos and pitching/starting new stories while also partaking in EIF, going to school, and working 30+ hours a week. So you can say that Jet has been around longer than me, you can suggest that he may deserve the spot more than me, but saying that Jet has been more committed to this league than me is nothing but a false statement considering the past few months.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I have to say, there was a part of this post that kinda struck a nerve with me. Ever since I joined the league I have worked my hardest to help provide stories (whether they involve me or not) that could actually be seen on a real wrestling show, I have pitched multiple ideas to make this league better and more interesting, and I have made sure to show up each and every week to play my role. Though those first two could also apply to Jet, that last one does not. Once we moved over to this forum, Jet began to actually show a lack of commitment, juggling between characters and disappearing from the league for multiple weeks at a time, meanwhile I was here cutting promos and pitching/starting new stories while also partaking in EIF, going to school, and working 30+ hours a week. So you can say that Jet has been around longer than me, you can suggest that he may deserve the spot more than me, but saying that Jet has been more committed to this league than me is nothing but a false statement considering the past few months.
Any time I spent away from the league was due to personal/medical problems, not a lack of commitment in any way. It's also the fact that we've had under 10 people active for the better part of the year so there was nothing to do that wouldnt just be constant recycling of old stuff for me. And I have been more committed than you in long term just because ive been around through this leagues 2 or 3 different deaths and rebirths. Me and Luke are like the only two remaining from way back. And even when I wasnt actively competing, I was still doing my best to help out behind the scenes and Ive wanted to take this place since 2K14 and help it grow in the long term. Ive had plans for this place for years.

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
Any time I spent away from the league was due to personal/medical problems, not a lack of commitment in any way. It's also the fact that we've had under 10 people active for the better part of the year so there was nothing to do that wouldnt just be constant recycling of old stuff for me. And I have been more committed than you in long term just because ive been around through this leagues 2 or 3 different deaths and rebirths. Me and Luke are like the only two remaining from way back. And even when I wasnt actively competing, I was still doing my best to help out behind the scenes and Ive wanted to take this place since 2K14 and help it grow in the long term. Ive had plans for this place for years.
Just because you have been around longer than I have does not make you more committed than I am, and that is the only point I was trying to get across in my response to Blur. As for you wanting to "take this place", I never wanted to "take this place". Your goal should never be to "take this place" it should be to make it better and to help it grow, whether you are the one running it or not. That means pitching your "plans" whenever they pop into your head, not when the guy in charge is talking about stepping down.
I don't care whether you're running it, I'm running it, or we're both running it. My goal here is just to get people to join the league and stick around in the league. I'm tired of people just disappearing because they get bored instead of attempting to bring some interest back. That is why I pitched the idea of X-Division title, because it is a title that will be a challenge for people to hold which will give it more interest rather than "well I'm not competing for the world title so I'll just settle for this one". I pitched the idea of story having just as much of an impact on contendership as competition because it gets people to put more effort into their promos. And I was all for implementing a tag and a women's division, if we had enough interest in them to actually make them a thing (which is why I keep saying we should have seperate sign-ups regarding singles competition, tag competition, and women's competition).

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Just because you have been around longer than I have does not make you more committed than I am, and that is the only point I was trying to get across in my response to Blur. As for you wanting to "take this place", I never wanted to "take this place". Your goal should never be to "take this place" it should be to make it better and to help it grow, whether you are the one running it or not. That means pitching your "plans" whenever they pop into your head, not when the guy in charge is talking about stepping down.
I don't care whether you're running it, I'm running it, or we're both running it. My goal here is just to get people to join the league and stick around in the league. I'm tired of people just disappearing because they get bored instead of attempting to bring some interest back. That is why I pitched the idea of X-Division title, because it is a title that will be a challenge for people to hold which will give it more interest rather than "well I'm not competing for the world title so I'll just settle for this one". I pitched the idea of story having just as much of an impact on contendership as competition because it gets people to put more effort into their promos. And I was all for implementing a tag and a women's division, if we had enough interest in them to actually make them a thing (which is why I keep saying we should have seperate sign-ups regarding singles competition, tag competition, and women's competition).
Not being rude or anything, but I really don't remember you pitching any ideas until you saw that Yellow was leaving as well.

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
Not being rude or anything, but I really don't remember you pitching any ideas until you saw that Yellow was leaving as well.
The X-Division Title, I pitched the original concept to Yellow and that is when he told me he was leaving. The idea of story being a factor in contendership was something I was talking with Hybrid and Jet about in a party (as in it was a three-way idea), and the tag titles was something that was inspired when Jet was telling me about his plan of bring in a women's division. I have held back no ideas in a wait for Yellow to step down, all my ideas were brought to attention when I thought of them.

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
Anyways, that was not my point. The point I'm trying to get across here is that no matter who is running the league, everyone should be pitching their ideas on how to make it a better place. I honestly don't care if I get chosen or not, because fact is that Jet and I are friends and we talk about the league almost anytime we are in a party together. If he gets chosen to run it, which will likely be what happens, I will be happy for him and I will still pitch him any ideas that come to mind. Something I'm hoping he would do the same were I to get chosen.

Reactions: Solidus1
Status
Not open for further replies.