• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

2020-21 WS Bowl Games Pick'em

Doom

La Bestia
I refused to pick against my team, so I'm still sticking with the Tide. My score is 44-38 Alabama.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
OIP.GyejImoq5bcy4a6HW8f_gQHaHa

So you have all picked Alabama to win - and you have all come to an agreement on changing the dynamic to guessing the score. You will automatically win if you guess the correct score.

However, for the sake of fairness a +3/-3 will go on either side of everyone's prediction, meaning that the score for either side can be three more or three less than the score that you predicted. I will add that using a system like this was never my intention, but this is the only fair means in which everyone involved remains on a level playing field.

This means that if Alabama score 48+ and Ohio scores 0-17 - these scores will become null and void.

In the case that anyone falls outside these boundaries - the score will unfortunately, but also in a fair manner for everyone involved be locked in a stalemate.

If Ohio State Buckeyes win the National Championship - the scores will unfortunately be locked in a stalemate.

KIF's scores prediction is: 38-21

- they will win if the result is within the score range of 41-35 vs. 24-18

Chris' score prediction is: 38-28

- they will win if the result is within the score range of 41-35 vs. 31-25

Doom's score prediction is: 44-38

- they will win if the result is within the score range of 47-41 vs. 41-35

If the three you are happy with these terms, then we can proceed. Its taken me a few hours to work out the most fair way of proceeding - and this seems like the only way in which everyone involved has an equal chance of winning.

@Doom @Chris @Shania Twain

Last edited:

Buttermaker

Really fell off at the end. Well done to those near the top of the standings.

for what’s it’s worth, Alabama defeats Ohio State 41 -33. Alabama will barely cover the spread (7.5). Game will be slightly under (75).

Buttermaker

Really fell off at the end. Well done to those near the top of the standings.

for what’s it’s worth, Alabama defeats Ohio State 41 -33. Alabama will barely cover the spread (7.5)

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
The way this game is going - it looks like the amount of points that Ohio State score might determine which one of you three is walking away with the crown.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
As it stands - KIF, Chris and Doom's score ranges for Alabama has now been exceeded. The results of championship - will now be determined by the number of points that Ohio put on the board.

As it stands they are within the range of 24-18 - which means KIF is the current leader, as it stands.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
CFP-National-Championship.jpg

Alabama Crimson Tide 52 - 24 Ohio State Buckeyes

The final game of the Bowl Season would see our joint leaders all back the Crimson Tide, which would prove to be the correct option. This resulted in a needed to slightly change the parameters by which this year's winner was decided as everyone would attempt to correct guess the scores of both teams with a +3/-3.

Once Crimson Tide scored 48+ points - they points scored by Alabaman became null and void. This meant that the outcome of this competition would be determined by how many points that Ohio got on the board.
KIF's scores prediction was: 38-21 which meant that his score range was between 24-18. This means that the winner of this year's competition and the back-to-back winner of the Bowl Series is...

6RTXtUc.jpg

If Ohio had score one more point - the title would have been last year's runner up. For the second year in a row, Chris ranks in 2nd place whilst Doom finishes in 3rd.

KIF this is your banner to enjoy for another year.

DSb6ZI0.jpg

Last edited: