2018 MENCS Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hey @WrestleRacer91 what are your thoughts on Chase Elliott finally earning his first MENCS win? I'd like to hear and converse with some people on here who are interested in racing.

Reactions: WrestleRacer91
Reaction score
Hey @WrestleRacer91 what are your thoughts on Chase Elliott finally earning his first MENCS win? I'd like to hear and converse with some people on here who are interested in racing.
I luckily saw it in the last few laps of the race. I'm happy he finally won a race since in my opinion it was long due. With that said, my second favorite driver is Truex so I would have rather had him win. Nice win for Chase nonetheless.

Reactions: Gman003

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I luckily saw it in the last few laps of the race. I'm happy he finally won a race since in my opinion it was long due. With that said, my second favorite driver is Truex so I would have rather had him win. Nice win for Chase nonetheless.

Yeah truex is my #1, though I'm not a die hard fan of any driver. Just watching how strong of a race chase had that day, I was 100% hoping he won because the kid needed it. Had he let that one slip away, oh man.. that would have been so rough to see. It's bad enough he was so good at Dover last year then got passed halfway through the last lap. Half mile away from victory. (Damn Newman lol).

I was kind of hoping to see him win again this week because MIS has been good to him in the past. Since Harvick won though, I just want to see how many he can win before the end of the season. Shit I wouldn't mind if he gets 10 or more. Hes on a roll and it's something to see. So many people are sick of seeing him win, not me. Shit, pour it on at this point.

The awesome Bristol night race is next weekend. I can not wait! I've been looking forward to this race all season long.

Reaction score
Yeah truex is my #1, though I'm not a die hard fan of any driver. Just watching how strong of a race chase had that day, I was 100% hoping he won because the kid needed it. Had he let that one slip away, oh man.. that would have been so rough to see. It's bad enough he was so good at Dover last year then got passed halfway through the last lap. Half mile away from victory. (Damn Newman lol).

I was kind of hoping to see him win again this week because MIS has been good to him in the past. Since Harvick won though, I just want to see how many he can win before the end of the season. Shit I wouldn't mind if he gets 10 or more. Hes on a roll and it's something to see. So many people are sick of seeing him win, not me. Shit, pour it on at this point.

The awesome Bristol night race is next weekend. I can not wait! I've been looking forward to this race all season long.
I just hope with all these wins and strong finishes in general, Harvick can end up winning the championship at Homestead.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Oh he definitely deserved it this season. And you know, as much as I can not STAND his personality, Kyle Busch is also pretty deserving of it this year. Driving ability he is hands down one of the best. Usually dominates all 3 series when he runs them. An all around wheelman. But his God damn attitude always gets in the way.

I am so pumped for Saturday night under the lights at Bristol. Aside from the 500 this is my favorite race.

Reaction score
It's really disappointing seeing FRR closing up shop at years end.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know. It's a shame. Maybe NASCAR should take a long hard look at the sport and see why last year's championship team can no longer afford to field a competitive car.

More. Short. Tracks.

It's just a real shame that its becoming so hard to find full time sponsors for top level teams. Even Lowes is leave Jimmie Johnson at seasons end. LOWES! They've been his primary sponsor for his entire career! Its nuts.

Reaction score
That ending to the Roval race was something else. [HASHTAG]#AwesomeEnding[/HASHTAG]

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hell yeah!

I was looking forward to this race since they announced it last year.
And it did not disappoint.
I only got to see the last 20 laps. Most of which seemed like caution laps lol. But that restart where Keselowski over drove the first turn and took about 10 cars with him was hilarious. I was calling it as they crossed the start/finish line and sure enough it happened lol.

And that ending. That fuckin ending! I'm a truex fan above all else, but even I was pleased. He was in the next round anyway so I'll take an awesome finish over a win like that every week.

So glad to see blaney with the win. What an epic view seeing him emerge from between the 2 cars. Then Larson with a mangled beaten car slamming off the wall twice. Barely scraped by into the net round when he passed Earnhardt. Just incredible.
Almirola making it to the next round when he was tied with Johnson in points but had the better run throughout round1.

So many incredible scenarios played out at the end of one of the most exciting finishes I'm sure in history. Maybe not thee best, but among them.

Dover should be interesting. If memory serves me right, elliot was strong in this race last season and got burned by Busch in a last lap pass. Maybe he learned from his mistakes last year and can lock himself into the round of 8 early.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Awesome to see chase get another win this year. In the playoffs at that! And he finally got to burn them down! A win at martinsville next round would seal him into the final 4... ohhh man that'd be cool.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well we didnt even have to wait until next round haha. Won twice in the same round. Incredible! Momentum is on his side for sure.

Let's hope he can keep this up. He has done well at martinsville and showed promise at Phoenix last year in playoffs. Anything could happen from here on out, the final 4 is hard to predict. Kyle Busch and kevin Harvick seem like locks, but you never know.