2016 - 2017 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DylanTM

Reaction score
I honestly think I should stop supporting clubs online (especially Reddit) considering the hyperbole that goes on over there.

Also, half of the internet doesn't even know how to fucking pronounce hyperbole, but that's another off topic discussion.

It's high-per-bol-ayy.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Paul Pogba had done well so far, right Jose ?:jose: :connor:
I think they are playing him too deep in midfield. When he was at Juve, he had more freedom to move forward and didn't have to worry that much about defending.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Maybe I suppose that does not help or him being under pressure because of the silly price tag put on him.

Can stick a fork in Rooney as he is done. Been that way for a few years.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I think they are playing him too deep in midfield. When he was at Juve, he had more freedom to move forward and didn't have to worry that much about defending.
Is it weird that I can hear your sig? Local Hero ftw.

Maybe I suppose that does not help or him being under pressure because of the silly price tag put on him.

Can stick a fork in Rooney as he is done. Been that way for a few years.
I'm not sure Rooney is done per say, just he needs to be in a team which plays with a slow, patient build up. Strangely enough I believe they could get the best out of Ibra that way too, it wouldn't work too well given the rest of the team however. Serie A could be a good move for him but I don't see any team paying his wages, even Juve.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Spurs bounced back from the CL loss by beating Sunderland 1-0 today at home. Spurs dominated possession and shots and it could have been much more than 1-0 if not for Pickford.

Sadly Spurs paid a heavy price since Sunderland injured 3 Spurs players in the second half. Dier and Dembélé went out with hamstring injuries so those are at least part wear and tear. And Kane got stretchered out after the Sunderland number 5 (who's name escapes me) stepped on his ankle.

We have the players to slot into those positions, but we also have a pretty heavy schedule ahead.

Last edited:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
seabs said:
I'm not sure Rooney is done per say, just he needs to be in a team which plays with a slow, patient build up. Strangely enough I believe they could get the best out of Ibra that way too, it wouldn't work too well given the rest of the team however. Serie A could be a good move for him but I don't see any team paying his wages, even Juve.

Rooney would never go abroad, does not seem the type imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopspot

Reaction score
[QUOTE="seabs,]

Rooney would never go abroad, does not seem the type imo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Rooney is UK football til death. I'd only see him go to Scotland if anything and even that is a stretch

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Did Hart, Gerrard, Lampard etc seem the type? I could see him moving if his options opened up.

Gerrard was no way was going to play for another PL club as it is the club he loves to bits, not like he was 25 or anything when he left. At the end of his career

Not sure if any club in the pl was after Hart, might of been the only option for him given the transfer window. Plus he seems the type that would of done it anyway

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Rooney to Beckham's new MLS franchise
Wouldn't surprise me, Shrek in Miami.

Gerrard was no way was going to play for another PL club as it is the club he loves to bits, not like he was 25 or anything when he left. At the end of his career

Not sure if any club in the pl was after Hart, might of been the only option for him given the transfer window. Plus he seems the type that would of done it anyway
I think Everton were interested in Hart. That was just rumours though so I'm not sure if there was anything definitely there. I don't think there are many players who would point blank refuse to move abroad at all, it's all speculation though to be fair.

Stopspot

Reaction score
According to Pocchy both Dembélé and Dier's hamstring injuries are so minor that they should be playable against Boro next weekend. But Kane will need further examination on his ankle.

Hopefully Dier and Dembélé get back quick enough. Mousa especially considering how good a playmaker he is.