2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He's a Raider next year still, no way they don't keep him for the last year of his rookie deal. Especially because he's busting his ass right now
Reading between the lines of everything I've heard McKenzie say, they simply don't like what Pryor brings to the table. I would be shocked if we don't trade him for whatever peanuts he will bring us.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Reading between the lines of everything I've heard McKenzie say, they simply don't like what Pryor brings to the table. I would be shocked if we don't trade him for whatever peanuts he will bring us.
McGloin isn't our future. Pryor has wayyyy more potential than McGloin has red hair.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
McGloin isn't our future. Pryor has wayyyy more potential than McGloin has red hair.
You don't have to convince me. McGloin is a nobody, but I don't think they look at him as anything more than a backup either (I say he's a lifetime 3rd stringer). They are going to look to add a QB in the draft (hope it works out better than Tyler Wilson).

Pryor started off well, but really looked terrible during his starts after he came back from the concussion. I wanted him to succeed but he never had the support of the front office or coaches. If it were me I would draft someone and let them compete for the starting spot with TP, but since I know that won't happen I guess we may as well deal him for a conditional 6th round pick, because otherwise he will just walk next year.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
You don't have to convince me. McGloin is a nobody, but I don't think they look at him as anything more than a backup either (I say he's a lifetime 3rd stringer). They are going to look to add a QB in the draft (hope it works out better than Tyler Wilson).

Pryor started off well, but really looked terrible during his starts after he came back from the concussion. I wanted him to succeed but he never had the support of the front office or coaches. If it were me I would draft someone and let them compete for the starting spot with TP, but since I know that won't happen I guess we may as well deal him for a conditional 6th round pick, because otherwise he will just walk next year.
If he chose to walk, I wouldn't blame him one bit. I hear we might go after mike vick. Mixed feelings about it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Vick is a great backup. I guess if we bring him in to start + draft a guy it wouldn't be bad. The only downside to Vick really is he is guaranteed to miss time with injuries, but we aren't going anywhere next year anyway, so I guess Vick + rookie starting when he gets hurt could work.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Call it a hunch, but Vick will be starting for the Vikes next year.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I have to do this at least once.... 1972 MIAMI DOLPHINS ARE THE ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM IN NFL HISTORY!!

Ok, I feel better now, that's the only thing I have to brag about as a Dolphin fan... well that and Dan Marino being one of the GOAT QBs.. but even he couldn't win us a SB.

Gonna go cry in a corner now :((

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The main problem this year for them was not having a solid QB to rely on. Getting Vick would only bring the same result.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I could see Vick going to the bucs though.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I just don't see a better option than Vick for them (except possibly McCown?) unless they trade up in the draft

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just don't see a better option than Vick for them (except possibly McCown?) unless they trade up in the draft
option C(hristian Ponder)

ponderfumble.gif

Reactions: Snowman1

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
They are in a good enough spot to draft a QB. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared of them next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.