2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't think I would ever call Archie Manning a legendary player though...even as a Saints fan.

I guess Chris Long would be the only one I would consider tbh.
My Dad used to rave about Archie. He was a fantastic player on completely terrible teams.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
And hopefully Mike Smith as DC.

This offseason is an automatic fail for me because we retained McKenzie, but JDR, Trestman and Smith is a solid coaching staff. I don't think they would take us to great things or anything, but they could at least change the culture and set the table for the team to become contenders at some point in the future.

I liken this hire to hopefully being similar to the Warriors hiring Mark Jackson. Good for a young team, and when we are ready we can find a championship caliber coach with the next hire. In theory at least.

Let's see how Wedgie spends his money. We need an impact signing. A WR1 like Dez (not leaving Dallas lol) DT, Cobb or Maclin. And SUH. SIgn fucking SUH. Give him all the money idgaf. He is a culture changer on defense.
If theres no way we can keep him,then id definitely like to see him in oakland.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If theres no way we can keep him,then id definitely like to see him in oakland.
There is definitely no way you can keep him lol. It would be like 30 mill to franchise him

My guess is he goes to the Giants

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Del Rio did a pretty good job in Jacksonville, imo.

Guess I can't rag on the Bills for hiring Rex Ryan and also hate the Jets for firing him.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
And hopefully Mike Smith as DC.

This offseason is an automatic fail for me because we retained McKenzie, but JDR, Trestman and Smith is a solid coaching staff. I don't think they would take us to great things or anything, but they could at least change the culture and set the table for the team to become contenders at some point in the future.

I liken this hire to hopefully being similar to the Warriors hiring Mark Jackson. Good for a young team, and when we are ready we can find a championship caliber coach with the next hire. In theory at least.

Let's see how Wedgie spends his money. We need an impact signing. A WR1 like Dez (not leaving Dallas lol) DT, Cobb or Maclin. And SUH. SIgn fucking SUH. Give him all the money idgaf. He is a culture changer on defense.
Suh is perfect for the Raiders man haha.

Don't think about Cobb.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Suh aint going to the Raiders, Giants are the likely landing spot but yeah.. Raiders could be an interesting team within the next two years if everything pans out for them like expected..

I got Raiders drafting Amari Cooper or TJ Yeldon first round, either way it would help them.. They are our main contenders for Maclin so we'll see how that plays out.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Suh aint going to the Raiders, Giants are the likely landing spot but yeah.. Raiders could be an interesting team within the next two years if everything pans out for them like expected..

I got Raiders drafting Amari Cooper or TJ Yeldon first round, either way it would help them.. They are our main contenders for Maclin so we'll see how that plays out.
TJ Yeldon isn't being drafted #4 overall lmfao

My hope is Leonard Williams

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
TJ Yeldon isn't being drafted #4 overall lmfao

My hope is Leonard Williams

Leonard aint slipping past JAX, I'll tell you that much. Truthfully I think you'll get Amari or the OT from Iowa

Idk why I typed TJ Yeldon, I meant the Safety; Collins.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
We could trade up for Leonard. Also, Leonard really wants to be a Raider. Hopefully his agent is floating that out to Jacksonville. If he doesn't interview with them or work out for them it could benefit the Raiders greatly.

If not, Cooper is the pick. Pretty easy.

also, DL seems like the one area the Jags aren't desperate for help. Literally everywhere else across the board is a need. I could see them trading back, especially if Winston/MM don't go 1/2

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
You could always take that Gregory kid if Leonard is gone, he's a pretty slick pass rusher from the 3 or 4 games + highlights I've seen of him..

I don't suggest trading up you guys have some needs to fill and personally I'd do it with younger players via draft/building however something tells me Reggie is going to bring in a new Grandpa squad again and try to roll with.

I think you guys could even trade back and benefit, swap for a late first rounder and get some extra early picks and grab Funchess late in the first or early in the second should he drop that far.. I doubt this would be a scenario but it could very well happen say if Cooper goes to Tennessee and Leonard goes to Jacksonville.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I would still be incredibly tempted by either QB if they fall to 4, but that was only realistic if we had a new GM. Reggie isn't going away from Carr.

Gregory is aight, but I'd much prefer Williams. Reggie isn't going the Grandpa route again lol. Free Agency was a joke last year, this year is actually loaded with talented guys in their prime. I think we will get someone like a Jerry Hughes to rush the passer. I'm also nearly 100% that we will sign Terrance Knighton. he loves JDR, already went to twitter to say he wants to be where he is.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
According to Adam Schefter, Cardale Jones has declared for the NFL Draft.. smart move for the kid. Cash in on a hot note instead of risking it and not getting the starting nod for OSU next year and didn't do anything extra so it may have hurt his chances. Either move is a gamble for 12Gauge but now that he's got a family make that signing bonus money and get on the practice squad if possible to help fund your newborn child.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
cardale Jones hasnt even played in a regular season game

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
cardale Jones hasnt even played in a regular season game
Doesn't matter with the QB class this year he could've been taken somewhere in the mid 4th round and made some money by cashing in on a BIG10 championship win, Sugar Bowl Win and National Championship win; arguably the three toughest opponents on our schedule in total back to back.

I wish him luck in the future though, hopefully he does well in his degree hunt.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hearing suh is a lock in NY and we got spags back, our defensive coordinator from the first superbowl. He is a phenomenal d coordinator