2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
i know this sounds like the formula to beat every qb, but especially brady. press, blitz, and hit him every play. youll see some balls sail, and indecision.
Blitz? Not really. To beat Brady you need to get pressure with your front 4 generally. That's why your boys were so successful in 2 SBs

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Rex is rock solid. I can't imagine how good the D would be under him. And rumor has it Trestman is going to come along as his OC wherever he lands.

I would kill for a Ryan/Trestman combo in Oakland. Not sure why you would be happy about Buffalo snagging them

I wouldn't be happy about it.. I was trying to be funny but I failed miserably as per usual.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Blitz? Not really. To beat Brady you need to get pressure with your front 4 generally. That's why your boys were so successful in 2 SBs
whatever works, they run a differnt defense generally with only three lineman. ravens had to bring a backer or two every play and press their wr. main thing is clean right off the line and white boys running free

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Didn't think Carolina would play that badly.. Cam Newton with some horrible decision making when it mattered.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
What a shock that a .500 team played poorly in the toughest stadium in the league against the SB favorite. Shocking I say.

• Haha
Reactions: Varus

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This game is a perfect example of our depleted secondary costing us big time. It's been our Achilles heel since Jimmy Smith went down, and it came back and ended our season.

This. We've got the 3 main things we need (QB, OL, Pass Rush) in abundance, but when you really struggle somewhere, that's something Belichick knows how to take advantage of.

Can't believe the short passing game was so effective though. We're usually able to demolish the short pass this year with our LB corps.

So, who are we getting in the draft? Will a playmaking DB like Landon Collins fall to us like someone seems to every year? Should we go with a WR or RB round 1?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wow, what an exciting move!
Terrible fit, though. Hope he doesn't have personnel control
Not sure how it is a terrible fit. Him + their defensive talent = beastly. He is likely bringing Trestman with him as OC.