2014 NFL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Andy Reid was a pretty big fan of TP before he even came into the big leagues so the move seemed pretty obvious, although I thought that's where he was going to go last season but apparently not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...le-pryor-to-1year-deal?campaign=Facebook_news
He could probably start for them at WR just based on his physical attributes alone. my god their WRs are trash

whoever was propping up Dwayne Bowe earlier, I have to disagree there as well. He isn't anything special. A mediocre WR 2 is about it.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He could probably start for them at WR just based on his physical attributes alone. my god their WRs are trash

whoever was propping up Dwayne Bowe earlier, I have to disagree there as well. He isn't anything special. A mediocre WR 2 is about it.

He'd be WR1 for them.

That was me and I was saying he'd fit into a system that already has two receivers ahead of him so mediocre WR 2 is a notch up from where I was going with it.. I'd like to see him compliment Maclin & Mathews or Decker & Harvin or the Lions, Patriots and Packers systems.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He should go to Denver on a 1 year deal. Peyton gets him 10 TDs and he gets a fat contract in 2016

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He should go to Denver on a 1 year deal. Peyton gets him 10 TDs and he gets a fat contract in 2016
Sounds about right if that scenario played out, I kind of want to see how Cody Latimer does if he ever gets an opportunity while Peyton is there as the field general.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sounds about right if that scenario played out, I kind of want to see how Cody Latimer does if he ever gets an opportunity while Peyton is there as the field general.
I wanted to see Latimer get some run this year, but apparently he wasn't even close to being ready. I think he has a long way to go still

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wanted to see Latimer get some run this year, but apparently he wasn't even close to being ready. I think he has a long way to go still
Not many WRs that come out of Indiana have successful careers, in fact they mainly seem pretty raw when they come out of college.. most likely because their system is so basic at Indiana that adjusting to a pro team's system throws their consistency out of whack.. Eventually he'll be ready and his athleticism mixed with some additional route running knowledge would make him a pretty effective weapon I would imagine.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Not many WRs that come out of Indiana have successful careers, in fact they mainly seem pretty raw when they come out of college.. most likely because their system is so basic at Indiana that adjusting to a pro team's system throws their consistency out of whack.. Eventually he'll be ready and his athleticism mixed with some additional route running knowledge would make him a pretty effective weapon I would imagine.
What was the big kids name that went to Buffalo? I remember really thinking he had some amazing physical tools, but he never amounted to shit.

Aww, James Hardy.

well, this explains that

http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/08/ex-nf...d-to-mental-facility-after-cop-attack-arrest/

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This is mainly the UT mark in me, but Da'Rick Rogers signing with the Chefs (not fixing) is a lot more interesting. Dude's a really good talent, didn't he have a great stretch with Indianapolis a few years ago?

Scares me that they have too many of those recent UT players in the locker room. Each one lowers the team's average IQ by 10 points.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
What position is the best to be stacked?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
This is mainly the UT mark in me, but Da'Rick Rogers signing with the Chefs (not fixing) is a lot more interesting. Dude's a really good talent, didn't he have a great stretch with Indianapolis a few years ago?

Scares me that they have too many of those recent UT players in the locker room. Each one lowers the team's average IQ by 10 points.
Rogers is a hood ass mofo but he's pretty slick.

Defense either front seven or secondary.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
IMO in the NFL if you have two things you can always be competitive. 1.) QB duh

2.) Gobs of pass rushers. If you have 4-5 guy who can really get after a QB you are good to go. This was the Colts formula for success for a long time. They had a TON of weaknesses being covered up by Pey Pey and then Mathis/Freeney getting after QBs once Peyton gave them a lead.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

2.) Gobs of pass rushers. If you have 4-5 guy who can really get after a QB you are good to go. This was the Colts formula for success for a long time. They had a TON of weaknesses being covered up by Pey Pey and then Mathis/Freeney getting after QBs once Peyton gave them a lead.

I'd throw OL in there too, although as you say with the Colts it matters less because of Peyton's release.

Khalil Mack named the "Best 4-3 Outside Linebacker" according to PFF. Wonder what other cool stats they have?

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

After watching this year its definitely O line, we were stacked in every position but that and it costed us big time.