2011 games

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slash

Reaction score
Pretty much self explanatory, what games are you looking forward too for this year I know it's already started but from this point on.

Brink- looks like it's gonna be a really cool game rpg/shooter/parkour can't go wrong with that.
Duke Nukem Forever - been forever in the waiting for this game to come out and its almost here just a few months away.
Gears Of War 3- One of my favorite shooters for the Xbox and its gonna be the finale so looking really foward to the campaign of the game.
Crysis 2- The demo was pretty fun so I might check this out who knows but it's a decent shooter.

How about you?

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Gears of War 3 probably.
I haven't had the time to play Assassin's Creed 2-3 yet anyways. Fucking college and I'm always short with money.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I will be picking up Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, Lego Star Wars 3 for sure. Beyond that we will see.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Gears 3, Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, LA Noire

nation

Reaction score
Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Twisted Metal, Battlefield 3, The Last Guardian, and Batman Arkham City though it's being over hyped and Arkham Asylum is very overrated. Uncharted 2 shits all over Arkham Asylum, the complete fucking honest truth. Definitely in the top 5 games for 2009 but Game of the Year? ROFL.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The only game I care about now is Diablo 3 and knowing Blizzard I am going to wait years for it just like those poor assholes who waited for StarCraft 2.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Uncharted 3, Infamous 2, Twisted Metal, Battlefield 3, The Last Guardian, and Batman Arkham City though it's being over hyped and Arkham Asylum is very overrated. Uncharted 2 shits all over Arkham Asylum, the complete fucking honest truth. Definitely in the top 5 games for 2009 but Game of the Year? ROFL.

the fact that you have to lug sam around with you in 3 worries me, seems like that is going to be quite annoying, AIs are usually stupid and useless.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Seeing as it's slated for release this year, I'm highly disappointed none of you have brought it up. But Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 will trump all releases this year, count on it.

nation

Reaction score
Seeing as it's slated for release this year, I'm highly disappointed none of you have brought it up. But Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 will trump all releases this year, count on it.

ROFL! Modern Warfare 2 is the bastard child of Call of Duty and Infinity Ward, it's a piece of shit and they never bothered to fix any of it's major problems, the multiplayer obviously has serious issues from noobtubing, OMA, Commando, maps being too dark, hit detection issues, and lag. People say Black Ops has issues with the two of the latter, lol, it's much worse in Modern Warfare 2, fuck yesterday I noobtubed a bunch of guys in front of me, yes I used it because everyone does sadly but the point is they were right in front of me and somehow they live or I'll get a hitmarker. People will get noobtubes across the map but somehow when I'm perfectly aimed at the enemy in front of me, they don't die.

Not even just the multiplayer, the campaign is short, and spec ops you can't even fucking play online. This was made with the entire team of the original Infinity Ward, so there is no fucking way I have much hope for MW3 giving how they let MW2 become the biggest piece of shit, the "real" infinity ward is gone now over to EA and they have multiple studios developing this. Kind of worrying. But don't get me wrong, will I get it? Absolutely, everyone is going to buy it and love it or hate it, it will be the current COD title to play because it's the newest. I'll get it but I don't have high hopes for it, it would be nice to see them fix all the wrongs they did but at the same time it should have plenty of new offerings and I don't see too much happening in the latter due to everyone they have to fix and working on everyone else like the campaign and co-op. I'll give it a fair shot but if it's a piece of shit just like MW2, I'll stick with Black Ops, the best COD to date.

nation

Reaction score
Oh, I can't believe I forgot about Rage! It's by fucking ID Software, you know the creators of the fucking FPS genre? Hopefully this brings new life into the genre, it's about time ID comes back.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Nation, I'm not referencing MW solely for online play (although I know that's not all you were focused on either)... MW2's campaign mode was incredible, and having an original plot and not raping the Hell out of history solely to fit a game around notable terrorists as Black Ops does, is a bonus the other titles don't have.

I also think you need to focus on the fact that Activision cut an incredible amount of their yearly titles JUST so they could focus on the COD franchise, starting in particular with MW3. BTW, if you're going to slander COD for having dark mapping, at least criticize the most guilty party in Black Ops before you point the finger at MW... Black Ops was visually one of the worst games of the COD franchise.

nation

Reaction score
Nation, I'm not referencing MW solely for online play (although I know that's not all you were focused on either)... MW2's campaign mode was incredible, and having an original plot and not raping the Hell out of history solely to fit a game around notable terrorists as Black Ops does, is a bonus the other titles don't have.

I also think you need to focus on the fact that Activision cut an incredible amount of their yearly titles JUST so they could focus on the COD franchise, starting in particular with MW3. BTW, if you're going to slander COD for having dark mapping, at least criticize the most guilty party in Black Ops before you point the finger at MW... Black Ops was visually one of the worst games of the COD franchise.

You're kidding right? First of the campaign in Black Ops is MUCH better. Every level is fun unlike a level or two in MW2, it's a little big longer, and the storytelling is better. I found the whole plot thing with Viktor Reznov to be much more interesting then the clustered storytelling of MW2 and the whole thing with Shepherd. Really? Modern Warfare 2 revolved around terrorism much more then Black Ops does, you do know Makarov is a terrorist right? About the whole betrayal thing with Shepherd, been there done that, it doesn't even make sense as to why he does betray them, guess they just needed an antagonist.

What!??????? I'm guessing you have never played Black Ops before? Black Ops looks quite a bit better then Modern Warfare 2, and it's much more polished. Either you have never played it, you have your settings messed up, or you played MW2 on a better TV then you did when you played BO. Or you're smoking some serious shit. It's not even a question that Black Ops looks better and it's a much more polished game, meaning it's not too dark, it's polished. I have both games and Black Ops is easily the victor. Perhaps MW3 will look better, perhaps not considering their engine developers are gone now.

Also, Activision cutting games has to do with them destroying the Guitar Hero franchise, raping the industry with spin off rap and pop versions of Guitar Hero and producing not so amazing titles like the new True Crime game that was planned. The fact that they have to get multiple studios to work on MW3 is pretty worrying.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Like Nation said, the reason Activision dropped Guitar Hero was because of the fact that they had flooded the market with it. A new version ever year (not including Band Hero or DJ Hero) and the sales eventually peaked and then dropped. True Crime apparently just sucked and they finally realized it. Please don't ever refer to Activision as a great company because remember this is the same company that dropped Ghostbusters & Brutal Legend because they saw no potential for sequals and although they had already signed Ozzy Osborne to a contract when it was under there publishing umbrella for BL & GH, and then sold off the rights to EA and then tried to sue EA to not release the game because Ozzy was still in it and the contracts were part of the rights of the title, makes them dumb, not to mention the fact that Atari now has yet another Ghostbusters game coming out soon.

So yeah Activision coming out with a new COD every year will eventually lead to the same melt down as the Guitar Hero franchise. Has it peaked? Who knows Black Ops out sold MW2, will MW3 out sell Black Ops? Time will tell. But if they keep coming out with a new COD every year as they have eventually they will have destroyed that franchise too.....sounds like a perfect chance for EA's Battlefield series to capitalize on...oh wait they already are.