2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

AF.

Reaction score
It's a much easier process pretty much, lol.

Not really. These guys aren't actors like the WWE. NBA hosts contests like the Slam Dunk, 3 pt shooting etc. to make their players look like stars, give them reasons why they can be considered stars. Look at what happened to Blake Griffin. Guy is huge now.

WWE should take a page out of NBA's books.

Showtime

Reaction score
Griffin was huge beforehand. However, making their contest look completely rigged last year did not look good on the NBA. They aren't really the best at making themselves look good though.

Rig contest.
Lockout.
Veto trade.

Man, Stern has just done so great this past year. By the way, this isn't some random Griffin hate because he's a clipper, I'm not like PSYCH, I honestly thought he had the worst dunks last year. McGee and DeRozan were much better and I wish they had managed to get into the finals together.

SAL

Reaction score
Well they could be Boston and be fucked if they make a move or don't. Not even 500 lol

My team is ready to either bottom out or pick up impact players this summer. Either is a better plan for the future than letting one ballhog clog up half your cap for the next few years.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well, BUDINGER was screwed over.

Reaction score
Well, BUDINGER was screwed over.

I couldn't agree more. Evans had one good dunk which was the two ball dunk. The problem with the dunk contest is no matter who is judging, whether judges or fans, it will always look rigged. It isn't like the other events where there is a clear winner. Will always be controversy.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
My team is ready to either bottom out or pick up impact players this summer. Either is a better plan for the future than letting one ballhog clog up half your cap for the next few years.
Ballhog got the team a multi billon dollar deal (TWC has a Kobe block and marketing negotiated in the deal as their exec and JEanie Buss admitted that is what drove the price up) and generates more revenue than the Celtics by himself (over 80 mil annually and had been the mostt profitable Laker back in 05) and has for years (second biggest draw all time behind Michael Jordan as Forbes has noted). LA can pay the tax because of Kobe. Boston though has never been a free agent attraction which is why they fall off for decades at a time between contending, as they rely on trades and drafts to possibly contend, but will never generate great revenue like the Lakers, Knicks, or Bulls to eat the tax

Try again and tell me why any star would sign there, when no one ever has of substance? Maybe you guys can overpay for a Chris bosh, Joe Johnson, or Boozer type, but Dwight and Deron ain't touching the fucking uniform or city without a trade. Neither would LeBron, Melo, or Wade, so who is left? Hell Chris Paul out right refused to even pick up his option or extend there when Boston had the best offer because the city ain't for him in his words

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sadly I don't see the Rockets making any splash in free agency. They almost got Pau but David Stern had to ruin that for me. Hopefully they can get a steal in the draft.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sal may just get his star if the latest rumor is true. JO and Rondo for Pau. I would hate to see Pau in that ugly ass jersey, but I would lmao to see him tie up their cap and be their franchise player, while a young Rondo teams with Kobe and Bynum and the Lakers have that tpe in their pocket

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
You all hear about the Timberwolves/Lakers/Magic rumor?

Orlando gets Andrew Bynum and Derrick Williams
Los Angeles gets JJ Barea, Michael Beasley and Dwight Howard
Timberwolves get Pau Gasol

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I think in time Derrick Williams will become a star in the league so that trade could work out well for Orlando if you got to get rid of Dwight. Though Lakers while that trade looks really good for them it looks like they are gonna have to go small at PF unless they're seriously gonna depend on Rasheed :lol: Also would be surprised that the T-Wolves would be giving up both Williams and Beasley when I thought they were gonna keep one or the other. Thing is what are they gonna do with Pek/Pau/Love? Put Pek back on the bench try and go big and do something crazy like put Love at SF.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I heard that yesterday. The rumors keep coming up because Houston and Minny's GMs met with Mitch at the different halfs of D league All Star game. Also heard they are going to make a push for Dwight and sees where he stands.

I like the deal accept for the Barrea part mainly, unless if he was flipped. I could live with it because as it was discussed, LA doesn't use their 9mil tpe. That tpe could still net a PF or they could just use Artest there like Anthony Mason moved there in the later part of his career, since Ron is 260, all muscle, and is much better in the post