2008 Predictions Contest

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

^^Not only are you entirely way too late on adding to this....not only do you have way too many predictions (your 30th, making me want to slap the shit out of you for)....this is obviously quite dead for this year since Switchy completely dropped the ball on this.

Montana

He posted the scores about 6 weeks ago. The problem is, not many a lot of major happenings are going on. Thus, it doesnt make sense to update often. If need be, i can update it here and there.

Switchy

Reaction score
1) I havd the ball on nothing,why update it every two weeks and add a point or so on everyones scores when I can update it around every 3 months or so to try and make it mean a bit more.
2) I only just came back to being active anyways due to computer trouble
3) I am allowing members who haven't made predictions to make them in the next 14 days because half of the members who originally made predictions are no longer active so if you want to make predicitions, now's your chance.
4) If it means the thread is no longer "dead" then I'll update it after Night of Champions.

Montana

1) I havd the ball on nothing,why update it every two weeks and add a point or so on everyones scores when I can update it around every 3 months or so to try and make it mean a bit more.
2) I only just came back to being active anyways due to computer trouble
3) I am allowing members who haven't made predictions to make them in the next 14 days because half of the members who originally made predictions are no longer active so if you want to make predicitions, now's your chance.
4) If it means the thread is no longer "dead" then I'll update it after Night of Champions.

Not really fair to the rest of us. My predictions were pretty bad, but still.

Switchy

Reaction score
Sorry if it isn't fair but a load of people complain because they can't make predictions and then there are a load of people who made predictinos who are no longer active so why not replace some of the inactive people with people who want in.

Sorry for any inconveniences (or however you spell it)

Airfixx

Not sure I understand why Switchy deems the thread to have died... There's no real reason for any posts in here...

Couldn't this just as easily be reviewed and scored ONCE at the end of the year?

Probably less work in the long-run....?

I agree with Montana - Letting peeps make predictions this late in the year is unfair when on everyone that made them at the begining of the year.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Did I deem the thread dead? no, Kaedon did you dopey shit. Notice the speech marks around dead?

Yeah but people will lose even more interest if I do that.

Tbh I'd prefer doing it in many smaller chunks than 1 large chunk.

Now I'm starting to wonder why it's so unfair because you lot have a few more points than whoever makes predictions now to start off with and if you made your predictions already then it doesn't really affect either of yo anyways.

Just wanted to get a lil somethin' off my chest.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Not really fair to the rest of us. My predictions were pretty bad, but still.

I agree with that. Really not fair to those of us who made predictions on time and stayed active to let the new guys make predictions. Let them make their own prediction thread where they can make predictions from this point foward.

Montana

1) Matt Hardy will win the US title at WM 24
2) Colt Cabana wins gold in the wwe
3) AJ Styles main events a ppv in a singles match
4) Low Ki returns to ROH
5) ROH gets a television deal
6) Orton/Cena....Hell in a Cell
7) Candice leaves wwe
8) Jeff Hardy does not win the wwe championship, and gets lost in the shuffle again, only to get another push leading into 2009
9) Hardcore Holly will get injuried + retire finally
10) MVP will be smackdowns MVP again in 2008 (even if they bring fresh faces from raw)
11) CM Punk wins US Title
12) John Cena does not win the belt in 2008
13) Randy Orton will drop the belt, and not see it again
14) Y2J wins the a world title
15) two tag teams will debut, AND win the tag belts.
16) Cody Rhodes wins a midcard title and does not get lost in the shuffle.
17) Koffi Kingstons goes back to OVW, for a small period, to reduce his botches.
18) Morrision and Miz turn on each other, again, fighting over another girl, again.
19) Mark Henry retires
20) Khali goes MIA the second half of 08. (Missing in action)

wtf was i thinking?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I was actually myself the same question while looking at mine.

Though both you and I are close to getting the Cena/No title prediction right.

Switchy

Reaction score
Every single one of my predictions seem to be wrong too if I recall looking at them last time and btw I should have a scores update by next week (I know it doesn't take long to do but I wanna keep my BTB and my BTB tourney match my priority).

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think I was in the lead last time u posted...I was Bling then...so yeah when u do the update..make sure its changed to Blaze...