2005? This is why they brought back JBL?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

I think the only thing they should do with him now is give him some time off and then let him come back with fully grown hair to his shoulders and have him in the APA once again ..... that would be the best move the only way to make him face and help him feud with the other heels because he has feudedw ith 90% of the faces already ie Cena, Punk, Tista etc....

Austin_316

Reaction score
The JBL character is boring, pointless and brings nothing to the Raw brand. Bringing him back in the first place was a poor decision as firstly he was "retired" by Rey Mysterio and secondly the feuds he has had and going to have, have nothing to do with anything. It's just a jealousy factor with the feuds he has had with Cena and now seemingly Batista. I feel it's a bad move and they need to either change his character from this so called millionaire or he should retire while he can still gain some credit.

The Rated R CMStar

I am a JBL fan, to the point that I actually don't see him that bad in the ring.

What bothers me from is Raw run is that every feud he has had seems as a filler. His feud with Cena felt as a way to just hold Cena away from HHH until NOC. Now, his feud Batista feels as a way to keep Batista away from the belt from a while.

His little feud with Punk was interesting, but again, it was a filler until a bigger name could came and feud with CM Punk.

I think JBL is on the wrong brand. On SD, feuds with Jeff Hardy and Mr. Kennedy appear. On Raw, original feuds, he could only have one against HBK, but at this point, I am starting to wonder how HBK could have a feud with someone not named Y2J.

Reaction score
The JBL character is boring, pointless and brings nothing to the Raw brand. Bringing him back in the first place was a poor decision as firstly he was "retired" by Rey Mysterio and secondly the feuds he has had and going to have, have nothing to do with anything. It's just a jealousy factor with the feuds he has had with Cena and now seemingly Batista. I feel it's a bad move and they need to either change his character from this so called millionaire or he should retire while he can still gain some credit.

Why does everybody think that it was Rey Mysterio that retired JBL? It was Bobby Lashley.

chessarmy

You make a great point, and I have to agree with you. It seems that JBL is trapped in 2005 and WWE just keeps reusing feuds involving him that were never that great. I'm getting sick of JBL though, he's had the same old gimmick for years and he is fat, out of shape, and boring as shit in the ring. To me, he is just another generic heel now. Hopefully he finds out that wrestling isn't for him, he asks for his release, and WWE replaces him with a heel that actually deserves his spotlight.

The Rated R CMStar

Why does everybody think that it was Rey Mysterio that retired JBL? It was Bobby Lashley.

It was Rey Mysterio.

On the opening match Mysterio said that just as he never said no to a challenge, JBL shouldn't. JBL accepted and out came Bobby Lashley, defeating JBL and winning the US Championship.

Backstage, JBL said he wanted to defeat Mysterio, he would even leave if he didn't defeat him. Teddy Long took it literally and made the You're Fired Match.

Rey Mysterio retained the WHC against JBL thereby making JBL retire.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I don't know why everybody dislikes JBL, I'll admit that his gimmick is extremely stale, he's fat/out of shape, and he's not good in the ring at all. But you have to admit that he's worth keeping in the E right now. But I believe he has smart "heelish" mic skills, sure he gets repetitive for example when he still kept on calling Punk a transitional champ when Punk had the titlefor 9-10 weeks.

But I really can't see him wrestling anymore, but as somebody saying that he potentially could be a good manager I could seriously want him to join Priceless and Orton as a manager/mentor and have him cut promos for Manu/Rhodes and DiBiase to hype them up.
I mean JBL's millionaire heel gimmick fits with the whole meaning of Priceless.

Moonlight Drive

That does seem a great role for JBL. Stick him with Priceless/Manu/Orton in the role Ric Flair had in Evolution. That would be an incredible stable imo.

Beer Money Army

I don't know why everybody dislikes JBL, I'll admit that his gimmick is extremely stale, he's fat/out of shape, and he's not good in the ring at all. But you have to admit that he's worth keeping in the E right now. But I believe he has smart "heelish" mic skills, sure he gets repetitive for example when he still kept on calling Punk a transitional champ when Punk had the titlefor 9-10 weeks.

But I really can't see him wrestling anymore, but as somebody saying that he potentially could be a good manager I could seriously want him to join Priceless and Orton as a manager/mentor and have him cut promos for Manu/Rhodes and DiBiase to hype them up.
I mean JBL's millionaire heel gimmick fits with the whole meaning of Priceless.

I wouldn't say manager.. I'd say JBL would fit in as a Sports Agent.. Something like Layfield Co. or JBL Co. or Bradshaw Enterprises.....

The funny thing about him dissing punk, was that PUnk was pwning him nearly on a weekly basis during his reign....

The fans don't really care about him anymore.. it would be no use turning him face either.. because i am surely fans would cheer Y2J, Orton over JBL.. hell even haas sometimes get better reactions than him at what he is doing atm....

I think JBL would need to repackaged himself because it isn't 2004/2005.. But in 2004/2005 JBL didn't really bring in the ratings or the buyrates anyway just overbooked shit that you would say in jeff Jarrett Heel tna reigns