2005? This is why they brought back JBL?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Let's go back to 2007, Cyber Sunday time. JBL was getting constant time and his return seemed inminent. He was getting constant physicality against Taker and Batista and he had a main event spot waiting for him on the blue brand.

Yet, he returns to Raw, in revenge to the "actions" of Chris Jericho, even if had gotten beaten worse by Batista and Taker.

Now, let's see his 2008 year feuds, and I mean his big feuds, not counting the improvised Finlay vs JBL or the clusterfucker JBL vs Y2J. He has faced John Cena for mostly all of the year.

Now, it seems he will be in a feud with Batista.

Is this why they brought back JBL? To have him repeat useless feuds that were never that good on the same place? Tell me how on the earth going after Batista just because he laugh at him makes more sense that for example, you know, going after Rey Mysterio, the man that retired him on the first place, you know, if WWE wants to re-use old feuds because...oh wait, Rey Mysterio vs JBL also happened at 2005!

Is JBL trapped in 2005 with his feuds or what?

C4

He has nothing else to do on the program. I would suggest that they get him involved in a fresh feud with someone like Triple H or Shawn Michaels, doesn't matter if he has to switch brands. Having it over and over again with Cena and Batista doesn't work well now.

Nation

^^ I'd fucking love to see him and Michaels fued. It's a dream fued for me. The promos would be classic. But isn't HBK getting surgery?

C4

But isn't HBK getting surgery?

He is obviously going to return sometime soon, back into the ring. He isn't out for that long as well.

It's not just JBL vs. Shawn Michaels, there are tons of other well-built superstars that could go into a great feud with JBL, we have Santino Marella, Randy Orton, Edge and so much more....

The Rated R CMStar

He is obviously going to return sometime soon, back into the ring. He isn't out for that long as well.

It's not just JBL vs. Shawn Michaels, there are tons of other well-built superstars that could go into a great feud with JBL, we have Santino Marella, Randy Orton, Edge and so much more....

:shifty:

Kofi Kingston is another choice.

seX-Power

^Umm, why did you name all heels? JBL does not need a face turn and he has too much heat to turn as his charachter is so heelish.

I actually enjoyed JBL's small feuds with Jericho/Finlay/Punk. They may not have been the best storyline wise, but they were fresh and I like that. JBL now should be used more to get others over. A Shawn Micheals feud would do well for him, and I would enjoy it but where would it lead for either man? He could go to another brand but Smackdown has too many heels and he would not mesh in ECW.

edit- to C4

- to CMS, Kofi was the first name that came to mind for him to put over

Cayse

Reaction score
Every since he returned back to the ring, I felt he had no place in it. He doesn't do well in the ring at all anymore and every feud he has been in has been dead. The feud has no interest what-so-ever and the matches that come with them aren't too goo either. I've never really liked JBL, and he should either go back to the announcing table or get behind the scenes, and just stay out of the ring.

Montana

JBL is in a weird spot this point in his career. Not a main event wrestler, but not as low as mid card. I dont think he's even won a fued since his return. So i mostly think he came just to put some young guys over (CM Punk)

2005 was a fluke, and he shouldnt have been champ, let alone for a full year. Once handed the ball he did run with it, but he wasn't properly booked before winning the championship.

Spity94

Reaction score
I dont think facing someone like kofi will make it any better,it might put Kofi over by getting some wins but that will put JBL in the same spot if not lower.Maybe he should have a managing role or something to take a break from the wrestling and come back later fresh.Pushing someone into the main event status and getting them maybe a title shot only for them to blow it making him get pissed and ending up fueding with them.That would turn the guy hes managing face while giving him a big push and put JBL back ontop as top heel imo.

kingovkings

Reaction score
personally i think he is better behind a announce table than in the ring TBH. he isn't as good in the ring as he used to be. he stuck in limbo on a brand that is stacked with top stars. There isn't a place for him no one knows what to do with him. put tazz back to ECW and JBL back behind the table on smack down.

Reaction score
I always thought that JBL should of been drafted or made his in ring return on SmackDown!, he's drowning on Raw. It doesn't seem like he'll have another World title run, any time soon and he is almost a jobber to high main event ranked superstars, par John Cena at The Great American Bash. Now, that Triple H is on SmackDown!, it would seem that returning to SmackDown! is not an opinion for him, either if he would like his career to flurish, again. So, JBL is in a pretty tight situation in his career, character wise.

C4

^Umm, why did you name all heels? JBL does not need a face turn and he has too much heat to turn as his charachter is so heelish.

Shawn Michaels isn't heel. :thumbsup:

But other than that, it's just these "heel" characters whom I can think of having a feud with JBL and who have not wrestled him in the past. Turning JBL face would be a totally stupid move from the WWE. He has that heel character, the gimmick and the skills which nobody else does. I don't know how he would look as a babyface!

Beer Money Army

JBL has always sucked... He improve his mic skills... but this isn't 2004/2005 and he is all hell stale... (his wwe title reign sucked it's was like Jeff Jarrett tna one but wwe styled)

a HBK/JBL feud would be interesting, but i'd rather have JBL retiring and doing colour commentor...

seX-Power

He should go back to doing commentary, imo, he is the best commentator of the past 5 years, next to the one and only TAZZ

C4

a HBK/JBL feud would be interesting, but i'd rather have JBL retiring and doing colour commentor...

People aren't even interested in him to the point where they think he should retire and not be a wrestler... Damn. :shock: