2 Champs 1 Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

All it takes is for Edge to win, and then BAM, SD has a world title.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Evil Austin said:
One thing if he waits a few months till the Summer like you suggested who is the champion on Smackdown? either Punk needs to bring a title over any week now or Edge needs to win at Backlash.
Well, they don't HAVE to, especially if Cena and Edge continue their feud or a little bit. Cena will definitely be showing up on Smackdown with the title for a little bit.

Sorry, I'm going to merge this with the other thread. It's not your fault captainjacksparrpw as the title of the other one is named after who could fix the problem story wise and not the problem.

captainjacksparrow

Reaction score
I actually really like the idea of Punk cashing in on Orton. With the way the card is on SD now it's clear that Punk is probably going to be the top face on the show (except for Taker obviously). When Punk won the title off edge it was kind of poetic justice in that it was exactly what Edge had done to others before. If Punk cashed in on Orton it would be a similar kind of thing seeing as how Orton cost Punk the WHC last year. Perhaps Orton and Edge win at Backlash giving both brands a title, then at judgement day Cena wins the rematch and Orton retains, but Punk jumps Orton afterwards.

i like that idea

Airfixx

I'd like to see...

RAW:
Keep the WWE title in the mix with HHH/Batista/Orton and have Batista cost HHH the title at Backlash seemingly by accident.. Tempers simmer, hands are shaken, but eventually Batista screws HHH in this contractual rematch with Orton. A heel Batista & HHH fued.

Meanwhile, have Orton slide away with the title to fued with the other top faces (HBK and whoever may bubble to the surface.... ) until eventually losing to Cena. Then you're set with Cena/HHH3 & Cena/Batista2 for the later part of the year.

Storylines and 'big match'-stylee for RAW.

SD: By means of MITB and/or crafty Edge shenanigans the WHC comes back to SD. Wrestling orientated title merry-go-round with Jericho & Edge at the helm and Jeff, Rey etc. in the chase. Fast paced, athletic ME-scene until Taker enters the title scene towards the end of the year ready to clash with Jericho at WM26.

SD locker room just lost hundreds of pounds in weight so lets indulge the fans after the horrible booking stale-mate that strangled so much of 2008.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I see Shane costing HHH the title at Backlash and joining Legacy as it's leader. The next night, HHH jumps Legacy beating down Orton where Punk comes out and cashes in early again. At the next PPV, HHH and Orton wrestle in a match where their loser is fired by Vince or Shane. Orton loses and goes to Smackdown to challenge Punk. Then Vickie trades Dibiase and Rhodes to Smackdown for her husband Edge.

Orton and Edge trade spots as top heels on the shows. Rhodes & Dibiase wins the the Unified Tag Belts making Legacy a more legit stable.

Montana

I think the easiest best option is to simply draft John Cena to SD via supplemental draft. It would give SD a legit top face. Raw still has 4 of the top faces they need to deal with.

Another (probably easier) option would be to have Edge beat Cena. However thats pretty lame....Edge beats Cena, Cena beats Edge, then Edge beats Cena again. The belt has been changing hands every month since Survivor Series. So I'm not a big fan of that.

Another option is CM Punk with the MITB briefcase, however like BMA, and others said, it would be stupid to waste the MITB this early.

Or we could see a Edge face turn.

Either way....I don't think it's going to turn out very good, unless something big happens at the supplemental. We could see 2 belts on Raw for a while, while the shows being more interbrand like they are during Wrestlemania.

JMay187

Reaction score
Yes get rid of John Cena from Raw that way I don't have to watch him seeing as how I don't really watch Smackdown cause Im usuall out in the clubs.

Here is what I found on CM Punk.

CM Punk Hints At When He'll Cash In MITB, Ric Flair Talks WWE's Wellness Policy

Submitted by Michael Bluth on April 14, 2009 - 4:22pm
Posted In:
[Previous Article] - [Next Article] var pubId=18729;var siteId=18730;var kadId=13546;var kadwidth=300;var kadheight=250;var kadtype=1; javascript:void(0);

-- During a recent interview with MetalInjection.net, CM Punk was asked by reporter Robert Pasbani Metal when he might cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase. "My plan is to call somebody out a little bit ahead of time instead of doing the surprise thing," Punk said. "There is a PPV, Judgment Day in Chicago coming up so I might have to do it so I have the hometown advantage." WWE Judgement Day takes place on Sunday, May 17. To view video footage, visit MetalInjection.net.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
who really cares who has the belt or who doesn't nowadays. Hasn't been a clean win that proved the dominance of another main eventer for years. Just like how we shouldn't give a shit about the draft because the wrestlers still go on whatever brand they have a storyline in. If the writers would make it less obvious that they have no idea how to work with so many wrestlers properly with storyline and details in rivarliers that ascend a three month period i'd be amazed and would continue watching.

I'll give you a spoiler on who is going to be in belt contention for the rest of the year.
Triple H, John Cena, Batista. But we all know that, and we all know how they wrestle a match since nothing changes. Nothing. Why the hell do we watch or better yet spend money on PPV's? I know most of you just get it online but i've been a buyer for 6-7 years now and I feel like i've been played a fool

Double J

Reaction score
My predictions: Edge will win the Last Man Standing match at Backlash.

Think about it, it's a Last Man Standing and the other guy they've been feuding with,Big Show, just got drafted to Raw and low and behold something they've been pushing with him is his big right hand that Knocks Out people.

Big Show comes up during the match and punches Cena, allowing Edge the win. Edge brings back the title to Smackdown and Cena continues his feud with Big Show until the HHH/McMahon vs. Orton/Legacy dies out allowing Cena back in a title picture.

Reaction score
I can see where your going with this retribution but it would be kind a weak for orton to win it for only a few weeks.
Why? That is the story of ALL of Edge's title reigns, why not the other top heel that gets bitched by the same guys?