2 Champs 1 Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Klide

sadly there is no major title in smackdown. Backlash gives a chance for edge to win the WHC and bring it back to smackdown. If not cm punk also has chance since he is in the same position as he was in last year. So do u guys want to see a repeat (cm punk) or do u want to see edge finally win over cena.
In my opinion I want edge to win at backlash because I highly doubt cena would be wining or even get a rematch since there I different brands (well at least right now) something similar like this has happend in the past with Batista, edge and cena,HHH if I'm not mistaken. also I think it's a little too early for punk to cash it in since he just won it about a week ago and edge winning it can hopefuly seal the deal with cena/edge rivalry and hopefuly start a strong one with y2j.
Your thoughts on this?

MikeRaw

I'm one of the biggest Edge fans here (second to CMS of course), but I'd rather Punk get a nice reign. Well, actually, if either of them has the belt, I'd be happy, especially if they feud against eachother, but I really see this as an oppurtunity for Punk to shine.

Klide

I guess I'm the third biggest edge fan then lol. If punk does get the belt I guess i would be happy aswell since u did bring up that this could be punks time to shine. I wasent a big fan of punks first reign as champion since he had low class rivalry and didn't have much time. So I guess this time is indeed punks time to shine and take back what he didn't even lose.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Cena will retain at Backlash. I see Orton getting the title from HHH and then Punk beating Orton for the WWE championship (finally getting retribution). But they need to make that closer to the end of Summer. Punk needs to be built up.

Klide

I can see where your going with this retribution but it would be kind a weak for orton to win it for only a few weeks.

Evil Austin

One thing if he waits a few months till the Summer like you suggested who is the champion on Smackdown? either Punk needs to bring a title over any week now or Edge needs to win at Backlash.

captainjacksparrow

Reaction score
draft puts 2 champs one one show AGAIN

how are they solving it this year (mayb punk cahses in MITB again?) there not gonna have cena job to edge in an LMS and i really hope they dont move him b4 raw comes to louisville (used to being flamed for being a cena fan) mayb Orton wins and then punk cahses it in on HIM immedatly after (rekindilng the cena/hhh rivalry which would be awesome)

1chiban

Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe Punk will be the answer considering he's on Smackdown. Perhaps cashing it in after Cena wins LMS?

Evil Austin

Or Edge wins and brings it to smackdown as Punk saves his MITB for later use.

STill there is already a thread like this

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I actually really like the idea of Punk cashing in on Orton. With the way the card is on SD now it's clear that Punk is probably going to be the top face on the show (except for Taker obviously). When Punk won the title off edge it was kind of poetic justice in that it was exactly what Edge had done to others before. If Punk cashed in on Orton it would be a similar kind of thing seeing as how Orton cost Punk the WHC last year. Perhaps Orton and Edge win at Backlash giving both brands a title, then at judgement day Cena wins the rematch and Orton retains, but Punk jumps Orton afterwards.

Beer Money Army

i reckon edge will win it at backlash. WWE would be stupid to make Punk cash his MITB this early again :smh..

Punk got pwned by JBL a few weeks ago and we all remember his w/mania performance,

Plus CM Punk hasn't done anything awesome so far within a WWE ring.

Airfixx

^^^Punk v Mysterio @ Armageddon 2008.

Most of his matches with Morrison weren't too shabby either.

Beer Money Army

^^^Punk v Mysterio @ Armageddon 2008.

Most of his matches with Morrison weren't too shabby either.

mysterio/Punk was about ***.(i mean wrestling **** or ***** matches, I haven't seen Cm Punk do that since his ROH days.) Punk vs morrison were decent, but they aren't matches i would talk highly about. Unlike the midcarder matches we have seen in the pass such like, Y2J vs Chris benoit Royal rumble 2001 or Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect Summerslam 1991 or HBK vs Shelton benjamin Raw 2005 or Edge Vs Matt hardy unforgiven 2005 or Randy Orton Vs Mick Foley backlash 2004.

Those matches i just mention took those wrestlers to an whole new height in there careers, imo i haven't seen the "it' factor that Cm Punk once did in a ROH ring as to inside a WWE ring.

Airfixx

To be fair to Punk though, even with his title match against JBL (3rd or 4th on the card!!!), the Mysterio match is as high a profile match as he's been booked for...

Given how WWE treats even the upper-mid card these days in terms of PPV time, surely you're not blaming Punk for not having 4 or 5 star matches since he's been in WWE?

Mainly though, my point in mentioning those matches was that they prove to me that Punk CAN go WWE-style when given the chance.