1st Attempt back at GFX

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
So I deleted CS2 months back and decided to re-download it the other day to get back into GFX and I downloaded a few brushes and whatnot and a few PSD's (only used one in the sig) and came up with this:

ChristianCagesig.png

Feedback will be greatly appreciated and repped. I really need the criticism and constructive advice just so I know where I've gone wrong and can hopefully build some skills I was too lazy to learn the first time I tried GFX.

Wrestling Station

let me give you some basic stuff as you really need to learn those first.

1- Always make sure that you dont stretch the image. Christian is stretched.
2- Always look for the best spot in your signture to where you can place the text.
3- Find the best font that would suit the theme youre using for your signature.
4- Dont over-use one brush, try make complex of brushes or add patterns and other stuff to complete the design of your bkg.

Switchy

Reaction score
Thanks, one of my main problems in my first run was stretching the PSD's, I gotta get over that bad habit but I hate leaving empty space so I'll have to find some sort of way to get around that.

I thought the place I put the text was alright but your the expert so I'll take your word for it...

Haven't got too many fonts atm so that's my excuse for that one.

As for the bottom I tried keeping everything in line and now looking back, I did use one certain brush quite a lot and I hope to fix that error in my next attempt.

Thanks for the advice which as you can see is much needed. :thumbsup:

Spity94

Reaction score
Its not bad for your first attempt,the brushes aren't to bad but i think there over done,try using diffrent ones.It makes the sig look more complex and overall better or try adding your own effects (brushes or other filters) to premade backgrounds.

You can also try and put in a light source,If you focus your light on the right side of the sig,let the light fade out into the left,it just makes it look more realistic and proffesional in some cases.The text you used here isn't bad as i think it goes along good with the grungyness of the brushes used but i agree that the placement in this case is bad as its brighter than the psd itself and when put in a dark background like that it becomes the main focus.Your tag could be abit smaller to but not a bad attempt,keep it up.