• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista

Last edited:

Asuka Lock

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
suicide
Favorite Wrestler
johnmorrison
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Not giving Raven any proper use.

Reactions: Death Walker

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Wow, Looking back as to how things were in the WWE/WWF And looking at it now. ALOT has changed. I Personaly miss the Attitude Era.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Wow, Looking back as to how things were in the WWE/WWF And looking at it now. ALOT has changed. I Personaly miss the Attitude Era.

It's nostalgic for me because I grew up watching WWF during that time. However, I can't say I miss it. Some of it was gold.

Dr. Austin hiding out in the ER to beat the crap of Mr. McMahon in the hospital was pure greatness.

The Zamboni and beer truck were classic.

DX and its "suck it" antics were classic. Lots of us got in trouble at school when the teachers finally figured out what all that about.

However, it got out of hand as it had to be topped week after week and it became downright childish and in many cases weird.

Sexually assaulting women on camera and emasculating people in the ring with "I choppy choppy your pee pee". Not so much. I am sure I could remember worse if I had some time.

Let's not forget about the wrasslin' either. It wasn't even the central point of the show anymore, yet when they did wrassle they injured the crap out of some good athletes. People, myself included, had no idea how dangerous some of those moves were in the days before Internet forums, and they didn't even save for them for the big events. It was weekly pile drivers and chair shots to the head. And the blading was out of hand as well.

I for one am glad to see it back to child friendly. I want to be able to watch it with my boy, and take him to the shows then they come in town. If my folks had known what was going on in 1999 I promise you they wouldn't let me watch it. I knew that and I intentionally watched it without them.

No way in hell I'd let my grade schooler watch attitude era.

We have better talent and more of it these days. They just need to find a way to properly utilize it.

Last edited:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
It's nostalgic for me because I grew up watching WWF during that time. However, I can't say I miss it. Some of it was gold.

Dr. Austin hiding out in the ER to beat the crap of Mr. McMahon in the hospital was pure greatness.

The Zamboni and beer truck were classic.

DX and its "suck it" antics were classic. Lots of us got in trouble at school when the teachers finally figured out what all that about.

However, it got out of hand as it had to be topped week after week and it became downright childish and in many cases weird.

Sexually assaulting women on camera and emasculating people in the ring with "I choppy choppy your pee pee". Not so much. I am sure I could remember worse if I had some time.

Let's not forget about the wrasslin' either. It wasn't even the central point of the show anymore, yet when they did wrassle they injured the crap out of some good athletes. People, myself included, had no idea how dangerous some of those moves were in the days before Internet forums, and they didn't even save for them for the big events. It was weekly pile drivers and chair shots to the head. And the blading was out of hand as well.

I for one am glad to see it back to child friendly. I want to be able to watch it with my boy, and take him to the shows then they come in town. If my folks had known what was going on in 1999 I promise you they wouldn't let me watch it. I knew that and I intentionally watched it without them.

We have better talent and more of it these days. They just need to find a way to properly utilize it.

Honestly, There's not a whole lot I remember from the 90's. I was born in 91, So Im sure i've seen at least some good show's on tv. I liked Mankind, Steve Austin ppl like that. Raven.... etc. You are right. The differences between now and then is less violent, Less Bloody, etc.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Yeah the AE was over the top and there are various reasons why you don't want to bring it back the main one being IMHO wrestler health. The good stuff was pure gold but there was a lot of trash and watching it now it has not aged well. Austins antics and the Rock pure gold though.

PG is fine with good booking, most of the WWF/E 5 star matches have been PG. Most of my favorite matches and events/storylines were all PG.

WWE treatment of Sting and a few other WCW stars was kinda shitty as well, Goldberg's initial run comes to mind, DDP etc. It was just petty and stupid. Sting vs Undertaker le sigh did not happen (at least since Mark Calloway was in the ring).

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Having Undertaker lose to Brock to break the streak. Would have been better to have someone else do it that needed it, not a part timer who is almost always over.

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
  • Triple H going over Sting, there was no reason for it at all.
  • Not putting Randy Savage in the HOF as the headliner, dead or not, it's The fucking Macho Man, and to top it, making it seem like Nash had more of an influence on wrestling and wrestling fans than Savage did.
  • Leaving Punk out of the main event of 'Mania literally a few weeks before just so they could do the exact same dream match again which is just a stupid idea.
  • Splitting up Enzo and Cass up for this stupid Attitude Era-esque swerve when it damages both guys, the fans and draws less money with the both of them, not the least they were the modern day NAO.
  • After reading about and hearing what happened in the lead up to the Blue Blayzer/Owen Hart incident, was just completely mindless and if I was in their position I would feel like the guiltiest person in the world at fault or not directly, waste of a life and of time.
  • Goldberg presented by WWE.
  • Ending Undertakers streak.
  • Vince literally saying on-air that Cesaro is shit and has a PG show then bitches no one can get over when they do all by themselves but still thinks they're not.
  • The Bray Wyatt/Undertaker feud, it was so lame and should've been so much better.
  • Wrestlemania 32.
  • Retiring the Dudleyz to The Club who then do comedy skits.
  • Stephanie McMahon
  • Stephanie McMahon
  • Stephanie McMahon

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Ruining Kane to the point no one cares anymore.
Being stubborn with Roman Reigns Push
A LOT of Attitude Era storylines involving him that were nasty.
Ruining The Club considering the amount of momentum they had coming in.
Not letting more guys break through the glass ceiling like Bryan did.