Royal Rumble 10 Most Likely WWE Royal Rumble (WC)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who do you see winning from this list?

• Randy Orton

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Sami Zayn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corbin

• Finn Balor

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Jericho

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brock Lesnar

• Goldberg

• Undertaker

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Samoa Joe

• Strowman

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

10.) Randy Orton - Past history of Orton winning the RR, main-evented Wrestlemania, would go after AJ Styles

9.) Sami Zayn - Classic underdog win, past history with Kevin Owens would spark up the feud once again

8.) Corbin - He has been strong week after week on SmackDown

7.) Finn Balor - He is being evaluated for the RR this weekend

6.) Jericho - Winning the RR would set the stage for his feud with KO, it will be his FIRST RR win

5.) Brock Lesnar - He would go after the Universal Title, Goldberg would likely win the tittle at Fastlane

4.) Goldberg - Vince McMahon likes big sweaty men...

3.) Undertaker - If he wins and Cena beats Styles, this would make an epic Wrestlemania title match between the two

2.) Samoa Joe - He is going to get a major push when he arrives, so winning the RR would set up him facing AJ or maybe Cena at Wrestlemania

1.) Strowman - ...Vince McMahon likes big sweaty men

----------------

That is their current list running right in to the Royal Rumble. I feel out of this list Strowman, Undertaker, Jericho, and Finn stand the best chances of winning but I am still dead set on Jericho. It would be his first Royal Rumble win and for the last year he has put in, basically helping mold KO into a better Superstar, it would be well deserved. He was the only thing I was interested in with Raw for a good 8 months. Sure, you can argue that he just won the title off Roman Reigns but who is to say that it couldn't have been a "swerve" to throw us off? I am sticking with my gut feeling here. He will not only break the record for most time spent in the RR, but go on to win it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Quick thoughts on them all......

10: RKO: After watching Smackdown this is looking more and more like a definite bad idea. Orton vs Wyatt is fine as a match but Bray Wyatt shouldn't touch the title until 2018 at the earliest. After the Year of AJ Styles where through sheer might and match quality alone made the barren SD main event scene look really good, going over to a surprisingly cold Wyatt right now seems like an awful idea... and while RKO vs Styles sounds both fresh AND fun, that buildup seems really rushed right now. Plus the thought of Cena/Orton/Reigns winning can go fuck off

9: Zayn: With how pathetic this guy has come across on TV it's not like he's a realistic possibility. Some people have theorized that he can be the Ironman and survive Strowman at the very end to go after KO. All this on top of the historical impact of them putting over a guy with the actual ability to be a top babyface makes it a strong option but not a real one

8: Corbin: There's just not a good option for the match here. It's too much of a step down for Cena, and the rest of Smackdown's babyface crew isn't tasked to carry a World Title level match. If there's a surprise winner from Smackdown's heel side it's more likely Ziggler or Miz going up against the natural babyface in AJ Styles.

7: Balor: The rough part of that one is that they'd rush the shit out of a Balor heel turn to throw him at Roman Reigns which would just piss fans off. This match could use one spotlight match for the current talent as well, and...

6: Jericho: Really does feel to me like the best option. Owens vs freshly face Jericho for the title >>> all other options.

5: Brock Lesnar: Not an option at all...

4: Goldberg: However, part of me does see Goldberg winning the whole thing, then Lesnar winning the belt at Fast Lane. This is such a terrible way to go though because...

3: Undertaker: I don't think anyone wants to see - or expects to see - a part timer as champion. Undertaker winning the Rumble really isn't good because it adds too much of an element of predictability to the match. On thinking about the dynamics more Undertaker vs Roman isn't too bad of a way to go (if Taker doesn't get injured) but if Roman comes in as champion it just feels much more like RomanWinsLOL, forget that.

2: Samoa Joe: I can totally buy this. Joe running in, kicking ass, and facing the 16 time champ at Wrestlemania? I'll take it! Wonder how it compares to Styles/Cena yet again at WM33, but...

1: Strowman... Think part of this is imagining us in 2020 looking at Wikipedia and seeing "Braun Strowman won the Royal Rumble?" feeling like "Wait, Jack Swagger is a former World Champion?" Strowman's been booked incredibly well and all but he's just too limited for much longevity at the top of the card. And him just being a tool to make Roman look strong you can forget about.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Yuu

The Artiste
Reaction score
10: RKO: After watching Smackdown this is looking more and more like a definite bad idea. Orton vs Wyatt is fine as a match but Bray Wyatt shouldn't touch the title until 2018 at the earliest. After the Year of AJ Styles where through sheer might and match quality alone made the barren SD main event scene look really good, going over to a surprisingly cold Wyatt right now seems like an awful idea... and while RKO vs Styles sounds both fresh AND fun, that buildup seems really rushed right now. Plus the thought of Cena/Orton/Reigns winning can go fuck off

I agree with the idea that Orton as the rr winner would be awful, but I don't believe we will wait so much to see BW with the belt.

9: Zayn: With how pathetic this guy has come across on TV it's not like he's a realistic possibility. Some people have theorized that he can be the Ironman and survive Strowman at the very end to go after KO. All this on top of the historical impact of them putting over a guy with the actual ability to be a top babyface makes it a strong option but not a real one

I'm betting on him (as one of the ironmen) too. And like you I think that he hasn't been shown "strong" enough recently to put him in the WM main event.

Corbin: There's just not a good option for the match here. It's too much of a step down for Cena, and the rest of Smackdown's babyface crew isn't tasked to carry a World Title level match. If there's a surprise winner from Smackdown's heel side it's more likely Ziggler or Miz going up against the natural babyface in AJ Styles.

Totally agree

7: Balor: The rough part of that one is that they'd rush the shit out of a Balor heel turn to throw him at Roman Reigns which would just piss fans off. This match could use one spotlight match for the current talent as well, and.

Furthermore I think it would be stupid to let him participate ... I mean, he never lost the title, why he should struggle and fight to earn a shot?

6: Jericho: Really does feel to me like the best option. Owens vs freshly face Jericho for the title >>> all other options

I don't think so.
Don't get me wrong, I would love him as a face, and to me he's very entertaining outside the ring, but ...
His wrestling skills IMO are getting old like him, and recently he hasn't been shown more stronger than Zayn ...

Brock Lesnar: Not an option at all

Not my favourite, not a good one, but still ...

4: Goldberg: However, part of me does see Goldberg winning the whole thing, then Lesnar winning the belt at Fast Lane. This is such a terrible way to go though because.

I'm pretty sure he won't win. After Survivor Series Lesnar can't lose the confrontation again.
AND SPEAKING CLEAR, IT WOULD BE AWFUL TO SEE HIM AND REIGNS (CAUSE IF HE WIN, THE BIG DOG WILL WIN TOO) IN THE M.E. OF WM

3: Undertaker: I don't think anyone wants to see - or expects to see - a part timer as champion. Undertaker winning the Rumble really isn't good because it adds too much of an element of predictability to the match. On thinking about the dynamics more Undertaker vs Roman isn't too bad of a way to go (if Taker doesn't get injured) but if Roman comes in as champion it just feels much more like RomanWinsLOL, forget that

I don't see it the same way:
1- The Undertaker is not a part timer like the others, and btw people cheered Lesnar, Rock and would cheered Sting too, so ...
2- Sooner or later he will win a last belt. This year could be the perfect time to. Maybe against Cena? Maybe against Styles too? Against Reigns (god please no)?
However it would make sense.
3- Without big returns (like Angle, Jeff Hardy or whatever) I see him as the most likely rr winner.

Samoa Joe: I can totally buy this. Joe running in, kicking ass, and facing the 16 time champ at Wrestlemania? I'll take it! Wonder how it compares to Styles/Cena yet again at WM33, but..

Definitely not. It won't happen and honestly I hope it won't.
6 months ago they pushed Balor (the last nxt male superstar landed to raw) to the moon in few weeks. I appreciated but it wouldn't be original doing the same thing again with Joe.

1: Strowman... Think part of this is imagining us in 2020 looking at Wikipedia and seeing "Braun Strowman won the Royal Rumble?" feeling like "Wait, Jack Swagger is a former World Champion?" Strowman's been booked incredibly well and all but he's just too limited for much longevity at the top of the card. And him just being a tool to make Roman look strong you can forget about

Yeah.
Mostly important, he's not entertaining at all. I mean .... Strowman in the WM main event?! I'd rather watch Reigns fucking with Oldberg for the entire ppv.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
- Orton: No way in hell. He's going to feud with Wyatt heading into WM and it sure as hell won't be a title feud.

- Zayn: It'd be a pretty cool underdog win, but it ain't happening. However, I think Sami will be the Ironman, perhaps breaking Mysterio's record in the process.

- Corbin: No way in hell. He'll probably have a strong performance, but will not win. The dude's WM program will most likely be with Ambrose for the IC title.

- Bálor: It would be cool and I would mark out, but he doesn't really have to win the Rumble in order to go for Roman's title 'cause he never lost it to begin with.

- Y2J: The Rumble win is the only thing he lacks on his resume, but I don't see him winning it. Why? Because Roman will surely defeat KO. Also, Y2J/KO feud is a lock for WM, but it won't be for the Universal title.

- Lesnar: No.

- Goldberg: Hell no. They're already building up to Lesnar/Goldberg III nobody wants to see, and there's no need for their final encounter to be a title match.

- Taker: Well, he's currently my favorite to win the Rumble, plus the event's being held in his home state, so Taker winning would make sense in that aspect. I see him going against Cena at Mania (after Cena wins the title at EC). We'll see how it goes, though.

- Joe: I've said it a bunch of times and I'll say it again. I would absolutely love to see Joe receive the monster push right off the bat, but I don't see WWE doing it because it'd be a very bold move.

- Strowman: I'm not ruling it out, but Roman vs Strowman for the Universal title in the ME of WM sounds so underwhelming. If it was Roman vs Strowman for the US title, then I'm sure nobody would mind, but this way? Nah. Plus, if this match happens, I'm sure everyone will shit on it and it definitely won't work in Roman's favor, because Strowman will be the guy that's over after Roman pins him clean.

Reactions: Yuu