10/6 ECW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Klide

No SP, you are right, Regal and Yoshi were BAD tonight. And everyone just seems like they are just a step behind, what the hell. Saving their two most interesting guys for Superstars though. :/

Ryder/Christian is awesome though. FUCKING TIGER DRIVER from Ryder~! :y: :y: :y:

That was F'N sick. I thought he was goin for a pedagree at first. He deserved to win IMO Christians making me sick in ECW. He better team with edge when he comes back in SD! Atleast make him heel in the mean time.

Great One

No can do Bill. Christian > any face in the WWE right now.

Also, is it me or is Tiffany's theme music Ashley Massaro's old one..? Or was it Maria's..? Dunno, but I know that's from somewhere.

xtremebadass

I might boycott ECW until Zack Ryder gets the ECW Championship that he rightfully deserves. Did you see the skillz on the mic he had with Regal? I am not kidding, the dude is great. He has a different gimmick, but still it's different and different gets heads turning. His questionable ring gear just adds to the experience!

Soulpower

No can do Bill. Christian > any face in the WWE right now.

Also, is it me or is Tiffany's theme music Ashley Massaro's old one..? Or was it Maria's..? Dunno, but I know that's from somewhere.

Not only that, he's the best booked champion in the company. He doesn't win all the time, he always puts on good to great matches, he always makes his opponent look like a million bucks, and he actually gets cheered by everyone.

Tiffany's theme music used to belong to Torrie Wilson, by the way.

Great One

Not only that, he's the best booked champion in the company. He doesn't win all the time, he always puts on good to great matches, he always makes his opponent look like a million bucks, and he actually gets cheered by everyone.

Tiffany's theme music used to belong to Torrie Wilson, by the way.
Yeah, and like AirFixx mentioned a while ago, he's like one of the only Attitude Era-esque faces left.. does shit to better himself (i.e. fucking up Dreamer).

Omg.. shit, I thought it might be her's.. Tiffany even kinda looks like her.

Airfixx

Agree with the positive sentiment about Christian... His return was annoyingly overhyped by the majortiy of peeps on here (to the point when I didn't want to see him PERIOD.), but since he's been back he's been just what ECW needed, but never quite got, from Matt Hardy.

noumenon

I don't think Vince is going to be able to deny the success of Christian much longer. He's grown on the mic immensely and as said, is the best bookEited champion in the company. It's really going to get to the point where the big fish in a little pond syndrome is going to set in. Either that or it's going to become painfully obvious to everyone that ECW's main event of undercarders is far superior to the two "major" brands.
And seriously, all Ryder needs at this point is a slight gimmick tweak and the guy is in the road to something big.

Airfixx

^^^Ryder:

ECW big? Yeah. No rush tho', IMO.... If he's as good as many think he is then he'll be fine (See JoMo)

Raw/SD big? Fuck no. Not until at least Taker, HBK, Batista, Kane, Show have all left/retired.... Up until then Vince has no need for ME challengers.... Even then, he'll still have four guys; 2 for each brand and a few non-finnish 4-way unification matches when the PPV gimmicks constrictions demand it and the 'E will be hot, hot, hot shit!

As for Christian.... Fuck, keep him on ECW.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The new announcer seems really unenthusiastic when she talks. It's just there. Especially with the winners.

And why are they making such a big deal about Yoshi beating Regal? Don't he have like 3 pin falls over him? Plus he pinned him last week in the main even.

phantomgerald

I have a gut feeling it's because they want to build up Yoshi as the partner for Christian and Zack Ryder to take on Regal and his giant boyfriends. Just guessing.

ewrwrestling

Reaction score
i fully agree i dno what the hell went wrong in yoshi vs. regal.. i thought for sure that'd be a great match.. hummm...

noumenon

Does the guy legit not speak English? Because a lot of times that does factor into the quality of the match...ya know...not being able to communicate!

You'll notice many times when Americans and not Japanese speakers wrestle in Japan they usually end up catching each other with quite stiff shots and busting each other open do to not understanding the spot the other person was calling.

Great One

The new announcer seems really unenthusiastic when she talks. It's just there. Especially with the winners.

And why are they making such a big deal about Yoshi beating Regal? Don't he have like 3 pin falls over him? Plus he pinned him last week in the main even.
I still remember when Todd Grisham completely ruined Christian's return. Such a worthless pos announcer.

PeepShow

It's.......................................................................(silence).........................Christian.