10/6 ECW Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Hot off the heels of a great ECW Title Match at Hell in a.. What's that? Oh yeah, there WASN'T an ECW title match at Hell in a Cell.

Discuss, I guess :(

noumenon

NOTHING advertised for ECW this week. In fact, if you go to the site, it's still showing the results of last week's show!!!
WWE forgot about ECW. In some airport somewhere the ECW roster is arguing with the clerk that there should be airline tickets waiting for them.

"I'm sorry sirs...you say you're with..E..CW? My records don't show any tickets for you....what's that you say...wrestlers?? Well what kind of silly silver belt is that?"

Hometown Kid

The problem is ECW is for wrestlers to wrestle and young wrestlers to have an oppurtunity to step up. WWE hates those things. It also has Shelton Benjamin and Christian Cage. People with those names are not welcome in WWE.

Soulpower

Maybe its just me, but everyone seems... off, tonight.

Zeke looked lost as usual during the tag match, but it surprised me to see both Yoshi and Regal with a LOT of miscues in their match.

Here's hoping Ryder and Christian can salvage the show.

Klide

Silent crowed I may add.
Man zeke looks like he came out of monstars (spacejam)

Hometown Kid

No SP, you are right, Regal and Yoshi were BAD tonight. And everyone just seems like they are just a step behind, what the hell. Saving their two most interesting guys for Superstars though. :/

Ryder/Christian is awesome though. FUCKING TIGER DRIVER from Ryder~! :y: :y: :y:

PeepShow

Regal/Kozlov/Zeke/Burchill/Sheamus vs. Christian/Ryder/Goldust/Tatsu/Benjamin

Possibly Dreamer in there too, idk.

Soulpower

Ryder/Christian is awesome though. FUCKING TIGER DRIVER from Ryder~!

Pretty much the highlight of the match for me. These two are becoming the new Punk/Morrison of ECW, as they seem unable to have a bad match against one another.

Hometown Kid

Lucas:Goldust and Dreamer needs to get taken out for a month by the roundtable so they can book Hurricane for that match. That would up their feud and profiles on the show.

SP: I seriously was typing and looked up and saw that and immediately started marking. That just made my week in wrestling. :D Let these 2 feud until the Rumble ON PPV tbh.

Hometown Kid

WHAT? Goldust is like the best thing on ECW right now.

I like him, but him and Dreamer should just manage the faces. The other guys are more important and put on better matches than them at this point.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
If the 5 on 5 is the only ECW match at Survivor Series, I'm fine with that. It's better to have something like that rather than any of Regal's people vs Christian, which would be poopy.

only caught that last half of ECW. I don't know why they made a big deal about Regal with his foot under the rope leading to nothing after the match. Ryder vs Christian was great, so many moves we've seen before, but this time in the WWE!

Soulpower

I also liked Christian pulling out the Edge-O-Matic. The announcers didn't say anything about it, but its a nice bit of continuity since it is a move that was (Not sure if he uses it anymore) used by Christian's "brother", Edge.

And I have to agree with Peep about Goldust. Other than tonight, Goldust has probably been the 2nd most over face on ECW (Behind Christian) and he's also stepped it up big time in the ring. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Goldie get a short run with the ECW title at some point.

Hometown Kid

Yeah, I have liked Goldust's work a lot of late, but there is really just no point in pushing him like that on a show with so many younger guys around. If that happens I would rather him or Dreamer turn heel or something making it Regal/Zeke/Kozlov/Goldust/Sheamus vs. Christian/Ryder/Yoshi/Dreamer/Shelton and have Burchill vs. Hurricane be a dark match.