(#1)What is your general feeling on...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Wrestler's retiring?

If you think about it, from the likes of Shawn Michaels and Edge, after seeing them wrestle throughout the years and than suddenly they just retire? How does it make you feel that you'll most likely never see them wrestle again?

Not like a Sweet Chin Music or a Spear is enough. A good match.

In my opinion, I feel saddened by it, but I guess I would rather have them retire rather than them becoming a Hogan or Flair.
:smug:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Edge had to, and HBK is back to ref/help HHH and hopefully eventually more relevant new guys. Like Retiring, just not retiring/coming back/retiring/coming back/retiring/smackdown feud.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
THEAidsJohnson said:
Edge had to, and HBK is back to ref/help HHH and hopefully eventually more relevant new guys. Like Retiring, just not retiring/coming back/retiring/coming back/retiring/smackdown feud.

But like mentally or emotionally how does it make you feel?
Like you grew up watching them and than Edge had to retire because of an injury and HBK is acceptable I guess.

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
It is fine.. they get old and they retire.. Its nothing really.. Not like you will ever forget them... people age.. people get hurt.. Sure I wont see them wrestle new matches, but you can relive all their old ones!!!

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Emotionally im glad they dont have to die in the ring or get crippled. Even worse, when old timers way past their prime have to go over young wrestlers, i find it to be unbelievable. Same reason i didnt want a SCSA match at 1000, but still was pissed he was absent entirely. Rock is still great, Y2J is still great, but DX looked old and useless in the ring besides HHH, and i hated most of the Oldtimers going over Slater.

Mr Cobalt

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm okay with retirement. Obviously there's sadness and a little nostalgia, but it doesn't like...bother me or anything, especially Edge's retirement. He would have given one more match if he could, but the doctor told him he would risk paralysis if he did.

What bothers me is when wrestlers retire and then constantly come back for matches. Also, when they get inducted to the Hall of Fame way too early.

Mr Cobalt

Jobber
Reaction score
It's turned into a joke, they screwed the pooch with it big time and now it's meaningless..especially the "Celebrity wing".

Now if they had a physical location it would kind of be cool. Have a bunch of old memorabilia in a building in Connecticut or something. Tourism boost for the state, cool location for lifelong wrestling fans.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Hall of fame is just another cash in for WWE, that's it. The people who are in are mostly deserving, but the people who turn it down are Better than the hall of famers IMO, for not having to sell out for another paycheck to their former/current employer.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It's the natural course of things. I'm a bit sad that I don't get to see them anymore, but I eventually forget them, so I don't mind it. Better than seeing them in poor physical condition trying to perform.

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
THEAidsJohnson said:
Even worse, when old timers way past their prime have to go over young wrestlers, i find it to be unbelievable.

5d8528c0a19ba7a0494cbdd1cf2ce2dc.jpg

:pity: