1/25 RAW Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Last RAW before the Royal Rumble. No matches advertised. The guys from "Psych" hosting the show.
Discuss.

MizMasta3000

I'm guessing the throw away US title match since it isn't on the RR card

Rated RJC

Reaction score
There has to be an 'Over The Top Rope Challenge' right? Not the Jack Swagger variety, an actually 4 or more man match. Maybe even a small battle royal for one of the last spots in the RR. Who knows what they have planned, going from history and WCW's old situation they probably don't even have a script yet.

noumenon

I find it ridiculous that they even both doing "qualifying" matches when there are probably just enough people on the roster to fill the fucking match anyway.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I'm kinda looking forward to see what happens with HHH and HBK. The inevitable split is looming. Will it be amicable or Not ?. I'm hoping it's not i really want a Heel trips. But apart from that i cant really see what will be that interesting tonight if I'm honest.

MizMasta3000

I doubt we will see split seeds until after Royal Rumble when there is a clear direction what both are headed into come WM.

noumenon

^Yeah, nice call with that one.

So the DX split tension was pretty good. Nice promo by both of them, followed by a decent match with Legacy. I like they way they're going with this where it could either end in a feud or just a mutual split between the two. I think it all depends on how they drop the tag titles (I'm assuming it'll be on Smackdown) and what goes down in the Rumble.

The MVP/Miz segment was again extremely well done. But my question is this. DID HE REALLY NEED TO GET SQUASHED RIGHT AFTER IT!? What the fuck was the point? Why didn't they just go the obligatory tag team route and have MVP grab Mark Henry to face Miz and Show. They take one step forward and two steps back with the way they book this shit.

Cena/Vince promo was actually a really good segment. Great promo by Cena. But come on...does he always need to play the voice of righteousness?

Then Miz lost to Kofi... ugh

lots and lots of garbage in between there.

Main event...
And it was actually the first time we actually saw a real Cena/Sheamus match. Was that so fucking hard people!? It wasn't that bad either! Better than most regular Orton/Cena matches I'd say. Why they couldn't do something like this for at least one of their matches is beyond me. They actually made Sheamus look pretty fuckin good. Sure he didn't have Cena down for the pin but he did essentially have him beat to some effect.

On a side note, I thought Dule did a pretty good job hosting. I much prefer when they leave them out of the ring and away from the mic. He did he job, some little backstage comedy skits and some commentary..done deal.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Pretty much what Noumennon said really.
I liked Raw this week. I was pretty entertained through the whole show though. But I'm easily pleased :p. Anyhoo, DX was good the tensions rippling and bubbling away and HBK making his point/statement. I like how there is still no clear indication of which way they are going to go with the split. I assume the 1up man ship will continue on Fri where HHH will make his point/statement . And it will inevitably end with them losing the titles.

Cena/Vince was good promo, And so was the main event i was expecting same short shite we have had from Cena/Sheamus in the past. But it wasn't it was actually decent match.

I pretty much enjoyed the whole show really. Did not see the need for MVP squash or for Kofi to go over Miz but ya kinda expect or get used to it now.

maty619

Reaction score
^Yeah, nice call with that one.

The MVP/Miz segment was again extremely well done. But my question is this. DID HE REALLY NEED TO GET SQUASHED RIGHT AFTER IT!? What the fuck was the point? Why didn't they just go the obligatory tag team route and have MVP grab Mark Henry to face Miz and Show. They take one step forward and two steps back with the way they book this shit.

Main event...
And it was actually the first time we actually saw a real Cena/Sheamus match. Was that so fucking hard people!? It wasn't that bad either! Better than most regular Orton/Cena matches I'd say. Why they couldn't do something like this for at least one of their matches is beyond me. They actually made Sheamus look pretty fuckin good. Sure he didn't have Cena down for the pin but he did essentially have him beat to some effect.
I agree about miz and mvp a load of bullshit the way they made mvp get smashed afterwards. It is completely ruining this feud for me you cant make someone say all this stuff about winning the title and that miz is too much of a coward to face him and then just get demolished.

I think the only reason that sheamus and cena havent had a proper match yet (still after that match) is because they cant give off the impression that anyone is better than john cena he has to be 'cheated' out of the title even with randy orton (who is one of the best wrestlers in the wwe at the moment) cena still came out on top after their recent feuds and the matches orton won there had to be some possible excuse for cena losing.

-TJ-

Here's how bad Raw has been in the past months.

This Raw was better then most of them...

I rest my case...

LKP

Raw was alright this week. Nice tension with hbk and hhh. Nice promo with miz and mvp. Good main event. But why did Cena have to look like superman again? Sheamus and orton both down at the end of raw? Good way to shit on your raw main event wwe.

seX-Power

Raw was okay, the booking wasn't right but there was some promise in the form of the guest host and the US title feud. Main event was also good, but Superman Cena was kinda bullshit; both at the end and when he had a surge or adrenalin to get back in the ring for the first near-countout.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I havent watched the whole raw yet but wtf is with no teasing of the rumble at the end havent they done that for like forever? Everyone just fills the ring.

Great One

Pretty much what Noumennon said really.
I liked Raw this week. I was pretty entertained through the whole show though. But I'm easily pleased :p. Anyhoo, DX was good the tensions rippling and bubbling away and HBK making his point/statement. I like how there is still no clear indication of which way they are going to go with the split. I assume the 1up man ship will continue on Fri where HHH will make his point/statement . And it will inevitably end with them losing the titles.

Cena/Vince was good promo, And so was the main event i was expecting same short shite we have had from Cena/Sheamus in the past. But it wasn't it was actually decent match.

I pretty much enjoyed the whole show really. Did not see the need for MVP squash or for Kofi to go over Miz but ya kinda expect or get used to it now.
Wow, you actually made a coherent and puncutated, well-stuctured post.

kingovkings

Reaction score
@ Great One, Thanks i do try to pull one out of the bag every now and again. As you have noticed i kind of struggle with writing, Punctuation, etc is really not my strong point at all. So my usual badly written drawn out waffling will now continue till the next time blue moon ;).