04/30 SMACKDOWN! Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Good SD imo, they set up their new feuds nicely i thought. Swagger got MEGA heel heat. I can see him being a good champ, with a nice long reign. The PUnk/MVP fued looks really good. Edge and Christian i thought was very well done. The crowd was a kinda dead, but i thought cause the heel/face dynamic it was a little confusing. So i thought they might have just been intently listening.

noumenon

Reaction score
Just watched the only important part of the show on YT and it owned quite hard.

For what the segment was supposed to do, concept wise it was awesome. HOWEVER, in reality and execution it was pretty lame. Yeah, we get it... Edge's face turn was horrible and no one was into it. It was just so fuckin abrupt and random.
"I love you guys, thanks for everything."
"No you don't, you're a liar."
"MWUAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE RIGHT! NO I DON'T"

Him turning on Christian would have been a great way to do it. Maybe have Christian call him a liar and a cheater (and assuming if the crowd was not dead, give Christian some heat). Edge would say sorry he felt that way, but he still considers Christian his best friend. Edge offers him a handshake, Christian declines. Edge or Christian then turn to leave and Edge attacks him from behind. Something like that. Then have Edge beat Christian down and tell him he's right, he doesn't care about anyone but himself, especially not Christian or the fans. Something like that.

AND WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG WITH THAT CROWD!? SERIOUSLY! They went ape shit for Big Show but didn't care that Edge and Christian were in the same ring together!? I don't know... I seriously don't know.

maty619

Reaction score
Lol, E&C got a horribly bad reaction. Swagger got booed out of the fucking place though, that must have been a bit of editing, either that or the crowd don't have a clue when something epic is happening.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Big Show is No. 1 Contender? That's BS. I don't know how that happened I was watching the Penguin game, but that is total crap. Big goes from Heel tag team with the Miz to being SD! number one contender as a face? Complete 180. If Swagger can beat Big Show, which I assume he will. I think that will put Swagger over big time. Even though Big Show is not that high on the WWE food chain, a win over a guy the size of Big Show will do nothing but good for Swagger's reputation following the clean win over Orton.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The show was a mess. Way too many promos, too many backstage segments (TNA anyone?). The only match I actually saw was Rhodes/Morrison and that was pretty good. Cody stepped up the moveset.

And Teddy saying SD! got the better end of the draft?

edlover.jpg

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Swagger's heat was without a doubt edited.

I don't know man. All the spoiler reports I read said that Swagger was getting mega heat. That the longer he talked, the more heat he got. His promos throughout the night were rather boring though.

nation

Reaction score
So why the fuck does Ted get to keep "New Day" and Cody goes back to his old jobber music? Ted should have went back to Priceless while Rhodes got New Day. Fuck DiBiase. Still glad Rhodes got a big win over Morrison.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
It would have made more since for Ted to go back to Priceless. He is doing his dads gimmic witch revolves around money. Cody should have got New Day. I'm hoping that Cody does big things on SD now. Don't let me down.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
So why the fuck does Ted get to keep "New Day" and Cody goes back to his old jobber music? Ted should have went back to Priceless while Rhodes got New Day. Fuck DiBiase. Still glad Rhodes got a big win over Morrison.

Ted>>>>>>>Cody

DENNIN

Reaction score
Despite there roster being rapped of main eventers by RAW I feel really good about this show. Christian seems to be getting the push we've been waiting for him to receive since the day he returned. MVP might be able to salvage something with a feud against Punk & the SES. Cody Rhodes singles career is back to a good start with a win over Morrison. Kofi gets put over Y2J. Kelly Kelly even served a purpose though I would have liked a Tiffany push as the #2 babyface. Show is back in a dominating performance after knocking out two RAW main eventers & Swagger all in one night. Everything is nicely evened out & not clusterfucked like RAW will be & their vanishing midcard.