04/06 Smackdown Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Wanted to talk about how fucking amazing Smackdown was last night. What were your thoughts about Smackdown?

andy31652

Reaction score
I never watch Smackdown but by chance happen to catch the beginning and it was awesome. Kanes can produce such emotion its a big shame that he's not puched properly.

It was good to see MVP in a decent match and th Kofi/Drew/Hardy angle was excellent... last week WWE made us belive Drew was invincible and this week gets destroyed by two guys, great writing tbh.

The only downfall was Rey winning the battle royal, after pushing Kane all the way through the show it was quite dissapointing... do we really need to see Rey in the main event again?

All in all a great show

maty619

Reaction score
Rey is a one time champ, so too is Kane and I'd say Kane has had more Main Event time than Rey. I have to say I marked like a little girl when Rey won, although I had read the spoilers it seemed as if they were having a change of heart and letting Kane win. I see a possible Rey heel turn here, what with him eliminating Kane and taking Taker's spot, if booked correctly this could be awesome.

andy31652

Reaction score
When Rey won the title I believe he deserved it, more a mark of respect. However I dont think he should still be contending for it and if anything perhaps (with the likes of Evan bourne as such) possibly used to resurrect the cruiserweight division. I dont think they will turn Rey heel, he's alot like Cena where the people love and his merchandise sells.

However this is obviously some kind of push for Kane and although he's been with WWE for years it will feel fresh(as we saw) and can't wait tbh

maty619

Reaction score
You never know this may be a mild replacement for the Cena heel turn, everything seems to piece together in this one.

...god...

Reaction score
Kane shows why he's still one of the greatest mic workers, monsters, and characters of all time.

chessarmy

Reaction score
I didn't like Smackdown! on Friday, I thought the music in the background of the Kane promo not only gave away that the show was taped, but it was stupid and corny as well. It almost completely ruined the angle for me which is not a good thing, the rest of the show was pretty meh. MVP vs Jack Swagger was boring, Swagger's offense puts me to sleep because he works the submission game too much and it leads to shitty slow paced matches that put me to sleep better than NyQuil. Drew/Kofi was a meh match, it was pretty much used to continue the Drew/Matt Hardy feud. The battle royal in the main event was decent, I laughed at them putting Finlay in the match because they had nobody else, thats a sign that you need to hire more guys immediately.

Not a good Smackdown! imo

maty619

Reaction score
Can't believe you didn't like this epic Smackdown, best since before Wrestlemania imo.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Nah, the show two weeks ago was much better

chessarmy

Reaction score
lol I think so, on a side note, its a miracle Smackdown! is still watchable with that terrible roster. They were completely raped in the draft yet I still feel the need to watch it every Friday, thats a good thing

phantomgerald

Reaction score
Didn't like it either. I'm intrigued by this Undertaker character, but I'm a little skeptical on what it might lead to and I don't want to expect too much. And putting Rey in the 4way is kinda weird because he needs to move on from CM Punk and they're in the same match again! I guess there weren't many options since Kofi/Drew and Christian/Dolph took away 4 top contenders. I thought Luke Gallows should have been in just to make it seem like CM Punk has an advantage.