03/21 DESTINATION X Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I present to you the LEAST HYPED PPV in the history of TNA, Destination X. So far this is the confirmed card...

THE RETURN OF ULTIMATE X

TNA Tag Team Championship
Morgan/Hernandez* vs. Beer Money

X-Division Championship
Doug Williams* vs. Kaz

the408kid

Reaction score
What about the TNA World Title
AJ Styles vs. The Pope

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

That's not happening at Destination X (as of yet). I know Pope has a title shot at Lockdown so either they're gonna do a stupid multiman match at Destination X (like Styles, Flair and Wolfe vs. Abyss, Hogan and Pope) or we'll get Styles vs a random challenger.

I hope they put the young bucks in the Ultimate X match.

TheCHB

Reaction score
I thought it was an all X-division ppv?

I got to say I was excited for it when I found out it was all X-division, I was thinking TNA took a real good move forward but in typical TNA fashion they took a step backwards by going back on their word.

But looking at it in a positive light, the Ultimate X matches are usually really good like the MITB matches. So that's one thing to look forward to.

the408kid

Reaction score
That's not happening at Destination X (as of yet). I know Pope has a title shot at Lockdown so either they're gonna do a stupid multiman match at Destination X (like Styles, Flair and Wolfe vs. Abyss, Hogan and Pope) or we'll get Styles vs a random challenger.

I hope they put the young bucks in the Ultimate X match.

Oh thats right I forgot it was at Lockdown. Thanks for the correction!

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Here is the final (for now) card for Destination X this coming Sunday.

Kevin Nash and Eric Young vs. Scott Hall and Sean Waltman (If Scott Hall and Sean Waltman win, they get TNA contracts.)

Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson

TNA Knockouts Title Match: Tara © vs. Daffney

TNA X-Division Title Match: Doug Williams © vs. Shannon Moore

TNA Tag Team Title Match: Matt Morgan and Hernandez © vs. Beer Money

Ladder Match (For A Shot At The TNA X-Division Title): Kazarian vs. Daniels vs. Amazing Red vs. Brian Kendrick

Ultimate X Match (For A Shot At The TNA Tag Team Titles): The Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me

TNA Title Match: AJ Styles © vs. Abyss

This card leaves me with several questions

1. Why aren't Desmond Wolfe, Pope Dinero, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Rob Terry, the Beautiful People or Angelina Love on the card?

2. Why are they doing a ladder match and an ultimate x match?

3. Speaking of the ladder match what will they be going after? A briefcase? A clipboard? Or will it just be a pinfall/submission match that happens to have ladders?

4. Has there been any buildup at all to the Ultimate X match besides mentioning that it will happen at the PPV? Have they mentioned anything about the Guns having all this Ultimate X experience and this being the young bucks first time?

Reaction score
This is a very, very lackluster card. Only three of those matches have been built up properly (tag titles, world title and Kurt/Ken) and there is so little name value on this PPV, its almost insulting they want people to pay for this. They should have tacked on Sting/RVD and even Hogan/Flair to get this puppy to fetch over 10K buys, but if they haven't learned anything from their mistakes the last five years, I guess it's foolish to expect them to now.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

It's not that they don't have the ability to create good storylines and feuds it's just half of their matches aren't even announced properly. They just get a blip in a tweet or something. Plus they don't promote shit at all. I don't watch spike tv hardly at all so I have to ask-have they had any commercials for Destination X or TNA in general at all?

G 3

Reaction score
I am sure there will be some awesome spots and all but the ladder match shouldn't be on the card. It takes the importance of the ultimate x away. Abyss VS AJ Styles will be good, they've always put on decent matches. Hopefully scott hall doesn't get too involved in his match.

the408kid

Reaction score
About the AJ Styles/Abyss world title match:

Of course it should be the Pope in this but whatever, hopefully he'll still get his chance a lockdown.

I do believe AJ will win this match but eventually I think he will drop the title to Abyss. I mean with this Hall of Fame ring storyline and being that he's Hogan's chosen one, dont be surprised if Abyss unfortunately wins the title soon.

And I agree with Enzo that it's almost insulting to make people pay for this trash. I'll just watch on a free stream if I can.

Hometown Kid

I think this card is actually pretty good. It is TNA so I don't know why people are up in arms about them not promoting stuff. TNA always put on awesome PPVs before the Hogan era came in, they have arguably the best roster in America, generally that translates to good matches when Russo and co. keep their noses out of everything.

Saying all that, they could improve buyrates if they adverted even a tiny bit.

Reaction score
This is the best looking lineup since BFG. All of the matches have been built properly and not rushed like Genesis.

xtremebadass

I think they have 9 matches altogether which is pretty ridiculous. It's a 3 hour show and TNA cannot give all these matches equal time. Looks to me like a long list of short ass matches.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
3 hours is plenty of time for 9 matches WTF are you talking about, do you want a 30 minute Brutus Magnus/Rob Terry match?

Aj/Abyss 15-20 min
Ultimate X 15 minutes
Tara/dafney 10 minutes max
Morgan/hernandez vs beer money 10-15 minutes
Angle/Anderson 15-20 minutes
young/nash vs pac/hall -10 minutes max
Williams/Moore- 10 minutes max
Ladder Match- around 10-15 minutes of spotfest should be done right after hall/Nash match
Terry/Magnus- 5-8 minutes max

plenty of time WTF are you talking about, WWE runs 7-8 matches on 2 hour cards, you have to factor in about 2 minutes per entrance or so and then promos for the main matches, that'll fill up the 3 hours and tna usually runs 10 minutes short on the 3 hours

LKP

I say either a match is canceled or one last about a minute. I am going with Tara vs daffney or terry vs magnus with the shortest. Either way it should be a damn good ppv.