“Mean” Gene Okerlund Says Randy Savage Declined WWE’s HOF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Legendary wrestling broadcaster “Mean” Gene Okerlund joined Inside The Ropes this past Thursday and divulged that the late Randy Savage declined WWE’s multiple invitations to join their Hall of Fame.

When asked why the “Macho Man” isn’t in the Hall, he responded, “Are you telling me that the WWE hadn’t made an overture to Randy about being in the Hall of Fame? That’s BS. They asked him many times and he declined. For whatever reason, that’s what I’m still trying to figure out.”

Okerlund also gave his thoughts on Savage’s rival Ultimate Warrior.

“He did have a look, that’s about as far as it goes. He couldn’t talk, he sure as hell couldn’t work in the ring, that was very marginal. I think one of the worst matches I’ve seen in my life was between Warrior and Papa Shango. What a disaster of monumental proportions,” he said.

Okerlund also explained how WWE’s pay-per-view frequency has changed the promotion.

“I personally think we have way too many pay-per-views,” he says. “I don’t think we get the chance to adequately develop the storylines with the guys and gals between pay per views. I’d like to see us down to about eight pay per views a year.”

In this ninety-minute interview, Okerlund explains the real reason he went to WCW in 1993, his views on “Rowdy” Roddy Piper not being given enough credit for WrestleMania, hating an angle Vince Russo scripted him and more. Visit insidetheropes.podbean.com and check out www.facebook.com/theinsidenetwork for upcoming shows and guests.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Didn't know Savage had declined it. He'll probably be inducted in the future then. Warrior was a piece of ****, I agree with Gene on that. He was horrible. Useless arrogant idiot. And no, there's no time to develop storylines between PPVs. Eight per year seems good enough, but Vince loves money.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Didn't know Savage had declined it. He'll probably be inducted in the future then. Warrior was a piece of ****, I agree with Gene on that. He was horrible. Useless arrogant idiot. And no, there's no time to develop storylines between PPVs. Eight per year seems good enough, but Vince loves money.

I thought Randy and Warrior were the same person. :burns:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Macho didn't go into the HoF because he knew what bullshit it is/was. Randy Savage may post like an incoherent child, but he chose the right person to show how much he enjoys/understand WWE as a whole. Macho was amazing, and deserves more than a HoF clap, same as Simmons, and anyone else who doesn't still go back to wrestle matches to try to relive the glory days (when they could actually still run)...and yes i know he is dead.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
AidsJohnson said:
Macho didn't go into the HoF because he knew what bullshit it is/was. Randy Savage may post like an incoherent child, but he chose the right person to show how much he enjoys/understand WWE as a whole. Macho was amazing, and deserves more than a HoF clap, same as Simmons, and anyone else who doesn't still go back to wrestle matches to try to relive the glory days (when they could actually still run)...and yes i know he is dead.

I heard stories that Savage was going to wrestle in the 2011 Royal Rumble, but since Nash and Booker also returned, agents thought that there would be too many legends. He was supposed to be in the 2012 event, but unfortunately passed away. And it's true, the HoF doesn't mean that much.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Would have marked my tits off tbh if I had heard Pomp and circumstances.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
WWE Hall of Fame=Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame
Randy knows....and hell yeah for 8 PPVs

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Would have marked my tits off tbh if I had heard Pomp and circumstances.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Me too. That would've been a surprise. :obama:

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Gene really is mean (pun intended) about Randy. :true: No wonder tbh some people think HoF is a joke. They have a right about it. Make it a phsyical thing and it'll be worth something and legit.