Zues no sells hogan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montana

You clearly have no idea what we are talking about.

Hogan owns Russo

[yt]CTmhVhFlwVo[/yt]

Russo owns Hogan

[yt]_Cps9Xd7wmw&feature=related[/yt]

Airfixx

Fuck guys! ...What's so hard to understand?

The no-selling hulk up was a major part of Hogans gimmick.... Zeus is one of few peeps to pull similar shit on Hogan. End of.... Some call it irony. :roll:

@ Montana: You didn't answer in the other thread when you mentioned Zues... Ever seen them one-on-one? I don't remember him in any matches other than SSlam89, SSeries89 & 'No Holds Barred: The Cage Match'.

Reaction score
Hogan does know how to wrestle somewhat but there are literally thousands more skilled in the ring than he ever was like 85% of the ROH locker room.

Slyfox696

Reaction score
Fuck guys! ...What's so hard to understand?

The no-selling hulk up was a major part of Hogans gimmick.... Zeus is one of few peeps to pull similar shit on Hogan. End of.... Some call it irony. :roll:
Good point...except that the hulk up wasn't a major part of Hogan's gimmick until the late 80s and early 90s. And it wasn't part of his gimmick as heel Hogan.

So yeah, not really a good point by you at all.

Hogan does know how to wrestle somewhat but there are literally thousands more skilled in the ring than he ever was like 85% of the ROH locker room.
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You put together the combined abilities of the ROH locker room, and they wouldn't make up the talent that Hogan has in a single wagging finger.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I have to disagree actually, sure ROH has a very hard time building up psychology in a match, and favors three dozen big moves only to have a finish me a school boy pin, but those guys have more passion and more heart for wrestling than i have seen from alot of guys. Hogan definitely beats them all in the Charisma department, but from an innovative moveset and improvisational standpoint, ROH can put on a better show. Albeit at the price that you won't see ANY of these guys still wrestling when they are in their late 40's like Hogan did.

Soulpower

Albeit at the price that you won't see ANY of these guys still wrestling when they are in their late 40's like Hogan did.

Truth. Hell, Hogan's fucked up physically, and he worked a fairly low-risk style for the majority of his career. Look at someone like Super Dragon, he's constantly injured due to his high-impact style (To the point where his career is nearing the end) and he's only about 30.

Airfixx

Good point...except that the hulk up wasn't a major part of Hogan's gimmick until the late 80s and early 90s. And it wasn't part of his gimmick as heel Hogan.

So yeah, not really a good point by you at all.

....My "point" being exactly? (I fear you missed it.)

Relax, I'm not bashing your beloved Hulkster. :roll:

If you can't appreciate the simple humour behind Montana's original post, that's fine, but there's no 'window' here for you to flex your appreciation of his amazing psychology, charisma, blah, blah, blah, or the fact that he CAN work a good match ("have you ever seen his matches in Japaa... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

Btw, I can recall seeing Hogan 'hulk up' as far back as '85. He turned heel in ''96. Then he starts doing it again when he re-joins WWE in '02 and was last seen in a WWE ring in '06 so doing the maths that's 15+ years he's been doing it... Which is all but his entire time with WWE/WWF + some WCW years.

That's a more than significant enough amount of time to support my original statement.

Slyfox696

Reaction score
I have to disagree actually, sure ROH has a very hard time building up psychology in a match, and favors three dozen big moves only to have a finish me a school boy pin, but those guys have more passion and more heart for wrestling than i have seen from alot of guys. Hogan definitely beats them all in the Charisma department, but from an innovative moveset and improvisational standpoint, ROH can put on a better show. Albeit at the price that you won't see ANY of these guys still wrestling when they are in their late 40's like Hogan did.
ROH has a hard time building characters that people care about, and matches that entertain fans.

I mean, when you watch an ROH show, 98% of the audience is males from the age of 16-25. Seriously. Just scan the crowd, and tell me I'm not right. They don't have the appeal to entertain to the majority of wrestling fans.

....My "point" being exactly? (I fear you missed it.)
Point being that your "hulking up" comment referenced only a relatively small period of time in Hulk's career.

If you can't appreciate the simple humour behind Montana's original post, that's fine, but there's no 'window' here for you to flex your appreciation of his amazing psychology, charisma, blah, blah, blah, or the fact that he CAN work a good match ("have you ever seen his matches in Japaa... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz).

Btw, I can recall seeing Hogan 'hulk up' as far back as '85. He turned heel in ''96. Then he starts doing it again when he re-joins WWE in '02 and was last seen in a WWE ring in '06 so doing the maths that's 15+ years he's been doing it... Which is all but his entire time with WWE/WWF + some WCW years.

That's a more than significant enough amount of time to support my original statement.
Tell me, what match was Hogan "hulking up" back in 1985? Better yet, give me a couple of matches that he did it, so as to establish a pattern.

Airfixx

^^^15+ years is NOT a small or insignificant part of ANY career. How longs Hogan been wrestling 30-ish years? That's HALF his fucking career!!!!

My memories of particualr matches from the old days is blurry (nearly 20 years ago or is THAT an insignificant amount of time too? How old are you, like 200 or sumthin? LOL), but Hogan hulked up against Bundy @ WM2, against Orndorf @ Big Event and pretty much every match I remember therafter.

Dude, seriously, you're just boring the fuck out of me....

As is already apparent, you clearly have no sense of humour and the simple flippant fun of this thread was lost on you. If what you are in fact striving for is to enforce a faultless view of Hogan (as it seems by virtue of the fact that I only ever notice you posting on Hogan-related topics) then ya wasting your time and you should go count your 'hulk rules' bandana collection or sumthin'.

I'll leave you with my thoughts on Hogan tho' so you needn't discuss him with me anymore.

Contibution to Wrestling:Massive.
Personally: I found him, his character and his matches boring (especially after looking 'around' the rest of the WWF and seeing the likes of Steamboat, Bulldogs, Savage etc.)

What some peeps fail to understand is that he was sold as the all-american hero. I'm not in the slightest bit American, I don't beleive in god, I don't take VITE-amins ( :choke: ); to me he was just a stereotypical good guy - I certainly couldn't RELATE to or EMPATHISE with him - and regardless of his contribution to the industry you need to accept that there are peeps out there that WERE fans in the 80s yet WEREN'T Hogan fans.

Slyfox696

Reaction score
^^^15+ years is NOT a small or insignificant part of ANY career. How longs Hogan been wrestling 30-ish years? That's HALF his fucking career!!!!
This statement would be accurate...if he had really done it for 15+ years. Which you have yet to prove.

My memories of particualr matches from the old days is blurry (nearly 20 years ago or is THAT an insignificant amount of time too? How old are you, like 200 or sumthin? LOL), but Hogan hulked up against Bundy @ WM2, against Orndorf @ Big Event and pretty much every match I remember therafter.
See, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Hogan DID NOT Hulk Up against Bundy or Orndorff. I just watched the matches, and he did not. So, you're going to have to try again.

Dude, seriously, you're just boring the fuck out of me....
No, I'm proving you wrong.

As is already apparent, you clearly have no sense of humour and the simple flippant fun of this thread was lost on you. If what you are in fact striving for is to enforce a faultless view of Hogan (as it seems by virtue of the fact that I only ever notice you posting on Hogan-related topics) then ya wasting your time and you should go count your 'hulk rules' bandana collection or sumthin'.
Hogan isn't even my favorite wrestler.

Montana

You guys are argueing over nothing. No sense keeping this thread up. It appears some ppl didnt get the joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.