Ziggler Comments on the HHH & McMahon Storyline

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
AuburnPub.com said:
Dolph Ziggler recently spoke with David Wilcox of AuburnPub.com and defended the Triple H and McMahon storyline.

"Honestly, if you don't find it interesting as a fan, then it's on you," Ziggler said. "Some of us hardcore fans have wanted something different, and now you're getting this blurred reality. Are these real behind-the-scenes things taking place or part of the story? And it makes it much more fun. That's what it's all about: suspending reality. We give you a three-hour movie. And with the Internet and people being hardcore fans and knowing what's going on behind the scenes, you're not sure where the story stops and real life begins."

Also in the interview, Ziggler addressed the McMahons eventually getting their comeuppance.

"Yeah. I'm not killing it right now, but it is setting that tone," he said. "There's a gray area; you get to a point where they're begging for something and someone steps up, but you also have to get there. As much as it seems to be hurting my career, personally, I hope we have sold-out arenas where people go, 'Tonight's the night.' You can't go flat-out where the bad guys win for six months — you need a nibble every now and then.

In my head, I'm begging — 'Gosh, is this my chance? Is tonight the night where I say, 'Enough of this crap?' I think it's going great, it's totally different, getting a point across, telling a story. And it is setting the tone, I'm assuming, for something big, whether I'm involved or not. I think it's an important turn, like Batista when he was in Evolution, getting pushed around by Triple H. You'd go, 'Is he going to get him? Not tonight.' Then it blows the roof off. Hopefully, that's the story we're telling."

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Agree completely

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The hardcore fans have to agree with this if they can pull their heads out of their collective asses long ago to do so, but what about the casuals? Heard HHH tell Edge "You were never a star because you couldn't draw a dime" and remembered back to all the things of them saying DB has to shave his beard and whatnot, started thinking that there's no possible way any casual fan knows what the hell is going on. What are they thinking?