Zeroversary Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montana

Official Wrestlemania Thread

What is your favorite of all time and why

Favorite Wrestlemania:

Best Match

Most Shocking Moment

Biggest Upset

Best Main Event

Worst Wrestlemania

Biggest Let down match

Who made Wrestlemania?

Best Fued

Biggest Heel

Favorite Undertaker Match

Favorite/Funniest Matches

The Dream match, that didn't happen

Biggest Wrestlemania Loser

Who should have main evented, and didn't

Favorite Speciality match in mania history

========================================================

Favorite Wrestlemania:

I prefered Wrestlemania 7 and 18. I would probably give 18 the nod, because it featured the most talent ever. 18 featured Hogan vs Rock, which was one of the biggest matches in mania history. 7 featured several great feuds including Macho man vs Ultimate Warrior Career Match.

Best Match

This is a tough one for me because i am more into the Entertainment side. The two biggest names would probably be Hogan vs Rock, Although the best actual match Bret Hart vs HBK.

Most Shocking Moment

Ric Flair getting pinned in his final match

Biggest Upset

Randy Orton beating HHH and John Cena to retain the belt at 24

Best Main Event

Hogan vs Andre

Worst Wrestlemania

11, i thought the fueds were much better in 9 than 11. 11 had the talent, but wasnt booked right. I think Taker faced King Kong Bundy. Owen, luger, bulldog and yoko were all in tag matches. Bret Hart faced bob backland. L.T. Main evented

Biggest Let down match

Goldberg vs Lesnar, Although it was pretty amusing the fans giving it to them.

Who made Wrestlemania?

Hogan

Best Fued

Stone Cold vs The Rock

Biggest Heel

HBK, Macho, HHH, The Rock...tough call.

Soulpower

Favorite Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania 10...It had the classic ladder match between HBK and Razor and it had a match that was just as good, if not better in Bret Hart vs Owen Hart.

Best Match:

Benoit vs HHH vs HBK:Greatest main event of WM in my opinion and easily the best triple threat match ever, they all bleed, they all gave their all and HHH tapped out to the crossface in the middle of the ring... Without HBK it would have a good match, with HBK it became a classic. Steamboat vs Savage would be second...Classic match between two legends.

Most Shocking moment:

The Austin Heel turn, its not even close.

Biggest Upset:

Just last year. Cena beating HHH.Everyone on the IWC, hell everyone in Chicago thought that HHH wold walk out the WWE champ, and then he tapped to the STFU...No one expected that to be the outome.

Best Main Event:

Like I said HHH vs HBK vs Benoit... Austin vs The Rock at WM17 is a close second, because of all the build for the match, and the fact that it delivered. Hogan/Andre would be third because of the history behind it all.

Worst Wrestlemania:

Wrestlemania 9....Giant Gonzalez, and Hogan becomes the champ for no reason...Terrible PPV even with JR's debut.

Biggest Let down match:

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar...Every wrestling fan talked about how great this match would be if it were to take place....And then we got a big ball of suck, the only highlight was Austin stunnig both men.

Who made Wrestlemania: Logical answer its Hogan, smart-ass answer is Vince Mcmahon, but I'm going with HBK. HBK vs Angle, HBK vs Jericho, HBK vs Razor Ramon, HBK vs Hart....If he's on the WM card, he's going to deliver big time.

Best Feud: Stone Cold vs The Rock

Biggest heel:Randy Savage....He tried to injure Ricky Steamboat (once again) during heir match...Damn Bastard!

Wrestling Station

Favorite Wrestlemania:
In 1993 in the Caesar Palace Colluseum

Best Match
Kurt Angle vs Benoit (WM20)

Most Shocking Moment
Bret Hart losing his title to HBK in WM12

Biggest Upset
Batista injured prior to WM22 which lead Rey get his chance to get it!

Best Main Event
Batista vs Triple H (WM21)

Worst Wrestlemania
WM11

Biggest Let down match
Brock Lesner vs Goldberg

Who made Wrestlemania?
HulkHogan

Best Fued
Austin vs The Rock

Biggest Heel
Triple H & Steve Austin.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestlemania: My favorite wrestlemania would have to be WM 18 Hogan Vs The Rock will live for ever in my memory great match and HHH winning the Undisputed title off jericho.

Best Match - One of my personal favourites was the TLC match at wrestlemania 17 that was an awsome match. Hogan and the Rock was great too

Most Shocking Moment - Stone cold turing heel without a doubt

Biggest Upset - Cena beating HHH

Best Main Event Benoit beating HHH

Worst Wrestlemania WM 11

Biggest Let down match - Lesnar vs Goldberg i almost fell asleep

Who made Wrestlemania? Hogan

Best Fued The Rock vs Austin

Biggest Heel - HHH or the rock

Taker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestlemania:
My favorite Wrestlemania has to be Wrestlemania XX, because i enjoyed the Match between Kane and Undertaker when he made his return, and the first ever Triple Threat at Wrestlemania. I also liked the match, Brock Lesner Vs. Goldberg/ Steve Austin special Guest Referee.

Best Match
My best match is at Wrestlemania 14 when Kane & Undertaker went 1 on 1 for the first time. It took 3 tomestones to Kane to get the pin.

Most Shocking Moment
My most shocking moment would have to be when Undertaker defeated Big Boss Man in a Hell In A Cell and choked BBM with the rope when the Cell raised, BBm was hanging in the air.

Biggest Upset
My biggest upset is when Hulk Hogan lost to The Rock at Wrestlemania 18.

Best Main Event
Wrestlemania 14, when Stone Cold Steve Austin won the WWF Championship from HBK after Mike Tyson interferred to helf Austin win.

Worst Wrestlemania
The worst Wrestlemania would have to be Wrestlemania 21, the WM wasn't as exciting as the other Wrestlemania's

Biggest Let down match
The biggest let down match at Wrestlemania is at WM 18, when Hulk Hogan lost the match to The Rock and NWO turned their backs on Hogan.

Who made Wrestlemania?
Undertaker

Best Fued
Randy Orton & Undertaker...started at Wrestlemania 21 and ended at Armageddon 2005

Biggest Heel
The best Heel is definatley Triple H

JeebusMcC

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestlemania: Wrestlemania 19, by far. I loved every match. The endings were all fantastic aside from Booker T not winning. 17 would get a very close second.

Best Match: That's a toss-up between Savage/Flair, Rock/Austin from X7, and Austin/Bret. All three matches were exciting and have stood the test of time very well.

Most Shocking Moment: Warrior's return at Wrestlemania 8. Totally out of nowhere.

Biggest Upset: Owen beating Bret. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. Simple as.

Best Main Event: Savage/Flair or Rock/Ausitn

Worst Wrestlemania: Wrestlemania 4. The tournament was a good idea, but not with the crap wrestlers that were in it and Andre and Hulk both not advancing. Wrestlemania 12 is close, though.

Biggest Let down match: John Cena vs. JBL. WAAAAAAAAY too short.

Who made Wrestlemania? Vince. Hulk just wrestled in it.

Best Fued: Rock/Austin or HHH/Batista

Biggest Heel: Ric Flair at Mania 8. The crowd HATED him for what he was doing with Savage and Elizabeth.

bdogg1

Reaction score
BEST MANIA: 1st. didnt know what to expect plus was free.

BEST MATCH: austin vs HBK WM 15 was during the DX time with tyson turn.

SHOCKING MOMENT: AUSTIN HEEL

BIGGEST UPSET: LT'S WIN over BAM BAM.

BEST MAIN EVENT: BROCK VS KURT WM 19 both wrestled hurt and brock almost broke neck missing moonsault off top rope. kurt had to carry match basically rest of the way. kurt was scheduled to go for next surgary basically next day.

WORST WM: WM 2 different cities who knew what city the matches were coming from at any time.

BIGGEST LETDOWN: last year edge vs mick

WHO MADE WM: Taker every year people want to know will his streak last and who can end it.

BEST FEUD: HHH VS HBK, HBK VS ANYONE

BIGGEST HEEL: HHH

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
Favorite Wrestlemania:
Toughie be this, but i'll say a tie between VIII and X-Seven. Both in retrospect were the end of their respective eras, the Hulkamania Era and the Attitude Era.

Best Match
Another tough one but i've always loved Bret Hart Vs Roddy Piper at VIII. Bret Vs Austin at XIII was better but i'm more nostalgic for Hart/Piper.

Most Shocking Moment

Well, i was shocked they put the title back on Hogan at IX. Other than that things have normally gone as you'd expect them too.

Biggest Upset
Owen Hart over Bret at X. How often does a guy job in the opener and then win the title in the Main Event?

Best Main Event
The Rock Vs Steve Austin at X-Seven with the XX Triple Threat just behind.

Worst Wrestlemania
13. As bad as IX was i'll pick 13 as that had nothing of interest on it except from the obvious, Bret/Austin. Actually, they both suck equel ammounts of sucktitude.

Biggest Let down match
Brock Lesner Vs Bill Goldberg. A potentially brutal match ruined by the people who booked it and the people who watched it. Who cares if they were leaving?

Who made Wrestlemania?
Vincent KENNEDY McMahon. It was his show. Credit due to Hogan, Piper, Mr.T, Lauper and all the others but it would never of happaned without Vince.

Best Fued
The build to HHH Vs Batista was a thing of beauty, Austin/Rock had three great matchs, Austin/Bret was more of the middle of the feud. All worthy, but i pick something else. Hulk Hogan Vs Randy Savage. Started at one WM and ended one year on.

Biggest Heel
Gorilla Monsoon for letting the Bret/HBK match at XII go in to overtime. Shawn wins and the WWF goes into it's worst period ever. I don't blame Shawn but WWF sure did suck for most of the next 18 months after this.

These are the opinions of Brutus.

Brutus

Kaedon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestlemania:

Wrestlemania 8, no doubt.

Best Match

It's a tie between 2 matches from WM 8. Roddy Piper vs. Bret Hart and Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair

Most Shocking Moment

Wrestlemania 8 when Warrior returned. When I was a kid I would rewind and rewind and rewind that part until the tape was literally warn out!

Biggest Upset

The Nasty Boys def. The Hart Foundation WM 7

Best Main Event

Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair WM 8

Worst Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania 6

Biggest Let down match

Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior at WM 6

Who made Wrestlemania?

Hogan/Piper helped start it. Hogan carried it for 8 years. HBK carried it till he passed the torch to Austin. Then HHH carried it for a while. Now we shall see...

Best Fued

The Triple Threat Feud between Benoit/HHH/HBK

Biggest Heel

Vince McMahon

Maloney

Reaction score
Biggest let down: Cena retaining agaisnt both HBK and HHH.

C4

Cool Thread Tony Montana.. Rep Added...
-------------------------------------------
Favorite Wrestlemania: WRESTLEMANIA III (Andre and Hogan were Great!)

Best Match:
Andre The Giant vs Hulk Hogan [WMIII]

Most Shocking Moment: Trish Kicks Jericho in the Balls [WMXX]

Biggest Upset:
Rey Mysterio winning against Eddie [WM21]

Best Main Event:
Bret Hart vs Stone Cold [WM13] & Fatal 4 Way [WM16]

Worst Wrestlemania: WrestleMania 1 and WrestleMania 11

Biggest Let down match: Cena winning against Shawn [WM23]

Who made Wrestlemania? Vince Kennedy Mcmahon

Best Fued: Undertaker vs Kane

Biggest Heel: Triple H [WrestleMania 14 and WrestleMania 16]

taker1989

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestlemania
wreslemania 17 as it was my first ad had good matchs like HHH vs Taker, The TLC match, Austin vs Rock, Kane vs Show vs Raven in hardcore rules match

Best Match
TLC as it produce some of the best moments ever

Most Shocking Moment
Vince helping Austin win the match

Biggest Upset
Benoit beating HHH and HBK

Best Main Event
HHH vs HBK vs Benoit

Worst Wrestlemania
don't know

Biggest Let down match
Lesner vs Goldberg

Who made Wrestlemania?
Undertaker

Best Fued
Kane vs Taker

Biggest Heel
HHH

xtremebadass

Okay, now I have been with WWE since WrestleMania X8, so my memories start there.

Favorite Wrestlemania: WrestleMania X8, first one for me, greatest Mania of all time. They had Rock vs. Hogan, Jericho in the main event, DDP!, pretty sick live performances by Saliva and Drowning Pool, and Undertaker vs. Flair, it was perfect.

Best Match: WrestleMania XIX HBK vs. Y2J

Most Shocking Moment: Brock Lesnar's Shooting Star Press

Biggest Upset: Cena beating HBK at WrestleMania 23

Best Main Event: John Cena vs. JBL

Worst Wrestlemania: Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton

Biggest Let down match: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

Who made Wrestlemania? Vince McMahon

Best Fued: The Rock vs. Hogan

Biggest Heel: Triple H

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestlemania: Wrestlemania X18

Best Match: Austin/Rock, HBK/Kurt Angle

Most Shocking Moment: Stone Cold joining forces with Vince Mchmahon

Biggest Upset: Owen Hart over Bret Hart

Best Main Event: Austin/Rock and HHH/HBK/Benoit

Worst Wrestlemania: WM IX

Biggest Let down match: Goldberg/Lesnar, was supposed to be a big match but was downright boring.

Who made Wrestlemania: Vince Mchmahon. Wrestlers though are Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels

Best Fued: Batista/HHH, Orton/Undertaker

Biggest Heel: HHH and Orton, Orton was a big heel in WM 21 & 22

Status
Not open for further replies.