Zelina Vega talks teaming with Rey Mysterio, LWO success

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
095_back_05062023ca_20601--006a23a8ba0abcc8b79bfc1d78c1566a.webp

Zelina Vega says teaming up with Rey Mysterio has been a dream come true.

Between the passionate response she received in Puerto Rico and being part of a major angle with the LWO, it's been a whirlwind last couple of months for the 32-year-old. During a recent appearance on Wrestling with Freddie, Vega said that eight-year-old Thea Trinidad would be asking, 'What is life?' if she could see herself now.

Vega told Freddie Prinze Jr. that she was skeptical when first told she'd be managing Santos Escobar and Legado Del Fantasma. However, things have evolved considerably since then.

Vega said:

I was like, '[Escobar] doesn't need me, though.' He's a great wrestler and a great promo, why does he need me? And the way it was explained to me was, well the group is new to the main roster, your very known by the SmackDown audience so by putting him with you, people go, 'Oh okay, what's this about? We already know her to be the heel manager, we know her to be the heel wrestler, so if she's introducing them then that's what they are about.'
Since then it's evolved so much that it started there, and I didn't even really do all that much talking to be honest, but it's evolved so much. Being with Rey - and first of all, a dream come true, eight-year-old Thea is like what is life? - Now having Rey on our side and having the LWO be a thing again, it's crazy, especially because Rey's like, 'You're going to be the first-ever female ever in the LWO.'

Vega and Mysterio have teamed together twice since the reformation of the LWO. Along with Escobar, they were defeated by Judgment Day's Priest, Dominik, and Ripley on the May 1 Raw. Mysterio and Vega then teamed together on the May 5 SmackDown and defeated Ripley and Priest.

Vega opened up about a variety of other topics during the interview. She spoke of her love of anime, being trained at an early age by her cousin, Amazing Red, and also an incident that happened between her and Sasha Banks in the summer of 2021.

Vega said:

When Sasha had just come out to save Bianca from Carmella and I and she had hit me with a Meteora and dude, I felt like my orbital bone broke. I was like, 'Oh my god.' And, of course, she was like super apologetic and whatever. But then I was like, 'Just know, girl, you got a receipt...
I was so mad and then she's like, 'Okay, cool, like, whatever.' Royal Rumble happens and I knew I was going to eliminate her and I was like, this is my moment. This is it. So, bruh, I think I kicked the soul out of her. I kicked her so hard, she flew back, and she landed on the floor and I see her just shaking her head like this, and I knew she knew that was what I was waiting for. Of course, we were fine after and it was funny but I remember Rhea going, 'Oh, she was waiting for that one, yep, that's the one.'