Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger address Glenn Beck

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Whilst that idea is awesome, how would WWE build this on TV?

"Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter will be facing off against the guy who says our scripted promos offend people! Jack Swagger will be dishing a fake beat down on this stupid political analyst"

Yeah, I don't see it being a Mania' match, and in one way I hope it's not. Why/ Because WWE finally grew a pair of balls and rebuttaled the stupid press it sometimes gets.

This.

Lol, they aren't having a mania match. It'll be Swagger vs ADR with Glenn Beck at ringside, and he'll have some involvement before or after the match, much like Mickey Rourke. Or a backstage segment.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
So it's ludicrous that at some stage I did think this was a work? WWE receives quite a bit of negative feedback frequently, and I've never seen them reply in this strong manner. Maybe Vince has genuinely found his grapefruits. This storyline would be Vince Russo style baby :russo:

Reactions: Snowman1

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
I don't like this. I don't think wrestlers should get out of character even for situations like this. The WWE acknowledging wrestling as fake and entertainment has hurt the wrestling world. Wrestling was once a work of art. Some fans are put off by them acknowledging wrestling is fake. Telling fans and kids that this is fake ruins the storyline. Many children believe this stuff is real, and some of them will stop watching when they find out it is fake.

How are people suppose to dislike heels when they show their true selves?

Bad move Vince!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Like Glenn Beck will give a fuck about WWE making fun of him. Not that I like the dude or anything. I love how WWE takes it personal when someone denies their services. Similarly was the way they felt Jericho and Edge 'went against them' by not wanting to let them dictate their lives outside of WWE.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
So it's ludicrous that at some stage I did think this was a work? WWE receives quite a bit of negative feedback frequently, and I've never seen them reply in this strong manner. Maybe Vince has genuinely found his grapefruits. This storyline would be Vince Russo style baby :russo:

Yeah, pretty much what Rain said. He talked crap about our admittedly scripted promos, so we'll give him a beating at WM!