Zack Ryder

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
They need to at least keep him on tv, give him longer matches ffs, and let him be the gatekeeper. His last Rezort promo is one of my favorite of all time, and it's a fucking youtube promo. Built himself up, and honestly would love to see how he would be used anywhere but the WWE. Charismatic, good in ring, but bland because he has had the same gimmick much, much longer than i've even been back watching wrestling.

Push Ryder, IC title on him would be a TON better than this Miz shit. Hell, even the Rusev/Titus shit cannot be seen as anything more than Vinny Mac punishing Titus while for some reason continuing to make sure Rusev doesnt do shit with his belt.
Miz is fire right now with his and Maryse' hilarious promos. That said... he doesn't need the belt. Zack would benefit more from it. I agree on all of that. I'd love to see hella Ruff Ryders off the top rope

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Haha, Aids you're cracking me up with your ratings. :)

Let me be clear I'm a huge fan of Zack Ryder and I'm entirely optimistic about his career. He's done nothing but put in WORK to improve himself after his push dwindled before. People in this business live and die on reinventing and improving themselves, and that's all Zack does. He's gonna be just fine. I just like to crack jokes and shit too. :)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
They need to at least keep him on tv, give him longer matches ffs, and let him be the gatekeeper. His last Rezort promo is one of my favorite of all time, and it's a fucking youtube promo. Built himself up, and honestly would love to see how he would be used anywhere but the WWE. Charismatic, good in ring, but bland because he has had the same gimmick much, much longer than i've even been back watching wrestling.

Push Ryder, IC title on him would be a TON better than this Miz shit. Hell, even the Rusev/Titus shit cannot be seen as anything more than Vinny Mac punishing Titus while for some reason continuing to make sure Rusev doesnt do shit with his belt.
Don't think you know what gatekeeper means. He'll never be used to keep the houses up, in any capacity. No one spends $50 to see Zack Ryder in the midst of a shitty 3 hour show.

To add to what you're saying though, he needs a place on the card. He, and many others, just drift around the midcard. He should have a specific purpose. I think being the opener is his best place. He should be relied on to get the crowd excited. He's over and is a good wrestler, with a catchy gimmick. Perfect formula for an opener talent, and it isn't a diminishing or embarrassing thing, because all great wrestlers are relied on, at one point or the other, to open and get the crowd hot.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Don't think you know what gatekeeper means. He'll never be used to keep the houses up, in any capacity. No one spends $50 to see Zack Ryder in the midst of a shitty 3 hour show.

To add to what you're saying though, he needs a place on the card. He, and many others, just drift around the midcard. He should have a specific purpose. I think being the opener is his best place. He should be relied on to get the crowd excited. He's over and is a good wrestler, with a catchy gimmick. Perfect formula for an opener talent, and it isn't a diminishing or embarrassing thing, because all great wrestlers are relied on, at one point or the other, to open and get the crowd hot.

Exactly. Opening the show is a lot of responsibility. You gotta get the crowd going.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Well looks like someone has answered your prayers because as of Smackdown this week Ryder got a clean win over Sheamus and may be looking at a US title match at Summerslam.[HASHTAG]#Summerofwoowoowoo[/HASHTAG] ?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
explosion.gif~c200
- Everlasting explosion of Zack Ryder, has returned!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Ryder seems to be the Ziggler of the lower mid card. Just like nothing came out of Ziggler's huge moment at Survivor Series 14, I doubt anything substantial would come out of this phase of decent-ish booking for Ryder. Both get shots of surprisingly strong booking from time to time only to be thwarted rather quickly.

This was exactly what came to my mind when I saw the match on Monday. It's going to be exactly like Ziggler at the 2014 Survivor Series but on the lower card.

I don't feel strongly about Ryder one way or the other. I would have been fine with him having a longer IC title reign though.

Reactions: CycLoNe_

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Getting a new theme, as well. Just pushes the idea that Ryder is in-line with a push, coming soon.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The new theme is actually old(ish). It's the downstait cover of his regular theme

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
He came out to that one on SmackDown, although the "Woo Woo Woo" intro seemed a bit changed. ^ But, I dig it, nonetheless.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Zack beat Sheamus clean and he's got a match with Rusev for the US title... Don't know if he'll win but this is definitely the start of something. He also has that new song! We in LI can be very happy now.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Anything that isn't his song that he made in 2012, is perfectly fine by me. What was it, "Bros before Hos" or something, but it was horrendous. And this is coming from the guy who wanted the wig, head band and glasses get up they were selling for a while.

Reaction score
He is a good MC talent. Good on mic, not bad in ring, has charisma and great interaction with fans. Instead of guys like Titus, Swagger, Darren Young he deserves push time to time.